Time to re-visit avoidance and mitigation

Discussion in 'General Fighter Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-threat111, May 24, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

I've found that in actuality I can have either high mit or high avoidance. My mitigation has increased significantly as I've moved into T3 gear, but its really just because the T3 stuff has +mit increase on it instead of +block chance. The actual base avoidance of a plate tank in a decent shield isn't far behind brawlers (along the lines of 26.3% from a nice shield instead of 27% for a brawler) so as we sacrifice block chance for mit increase we end up pretty comparable in terms of avoidance.
    Brawlers can have either high mit OR high avoidance, but not really both. And either one will cripple our dps to below plate tank levels.
  2. ARCHIVED-Bleveitornot Guest

Wow, Quite a thread and very good information on both sides.
    My only question would be;
    Are Brawlers being used to Tank Hard Mode Name Mobs currently and if so do they stay up longer then a plate tank?
    Any raid Brawler can tank any group zone even with out all the buffs etc. IMO
    And at the end of the day, from all these pages of replies, we are all talking about raid mobs I think?
  3. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

Bleveitornot wrote:
    Brawlers can tank hard mode raid mobs (and survive), but we are definitely not the first choice to do so. None of the top guilds are using brawler MTs, while there are top guilds out there that use each of the plate tanks.
  4. ARCHIVED-Shredderr Guest

It just blows my mind that an Sk Harmtouching for God knows how much is calling for a nerf to a known **** class because they may arguably do ONE thing slightly better . As if signing up for the game on launch we were told SK's had a right to always be able to tank everything better than everyone else especially monks .