Time-Locked Expansion Server FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Splitpaw Chronicles and the other one (can't remember its name, sorry - Bloodsomethingorother) aren't in yet. Don't know when they will be opened up.
  2. Gilasil Active Member

The nostalgia thing was kind of lost on me when I found myself leveling up my Iksar in Darklight Wood which didn't even exist at launch. I tried Freeport after I left the island but I couldn't find any newbie quests at all. As opposed to launch where you could easily level into the teens and never leave the city or its suburbs.

Still, it's nice to slow things down and actually PLAY those low levels.
  3. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I got to Freeport and went straight to the Sunken City - newbie quests there :D And the Graveyard.....then will be onto the Ruins....
  4. Lysanthria New Member

awesome! thanks!
  5. Seefar Well-Known Member

At launch, beasties didn't drop coin :p

Loving this so far... but (as counterpoint to those claiming XP is too high low!) I'm levelling much too fast.
    Charlice likes this.
  6. trixster Active Member

make sure you are set to US servers as bother are US.
  7. Badwolfe Member

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere but here goes: When I first started playing this game if you died you took a death penalty. You would drop a spirit shard and lose some of your health/power, these weren't reset until either you waited a certain amount of time or, you managed to get your spirit shard back. I was just wondering if this death penalty was back in game. I remember this being terribly frustrating, but at the same time it made the game more challenging. Especially if your spirit shard was right in the middle of a group of heroic wolves in Antonica lmao.
  8. Phyr Member

When the vote to move to the Next Expac comes up. Is the lvl limit for the vote Tied to only the Adventure lvl or is it also tied to Crafting lvl? Sorry if this was answered. i read the entire thread. but only saw it asked once and no answer given.
  9. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Spirit shards are not back. Villages, spirit shards, and race restrictions are things I wish had been placed in, but I'm quite happy with what we did get.
    Seefar likes this.
  10. Grey Lightning New Member

I would just like to say that all the people who stated all the reasons the TLE servers would be no good couldn't be more wrong. The servers are awesome. Everything was done as close to right as could have been. It was a nice touch the islands were not only there, but you could leave and then return. It is fun to once again gather a raid to get the Windstalker Rumbler, and I can't wait for the Scarecrow King. And then to realize that not only can you do the early part all over, soon we will be doing the same with the mid rang. Lots of players who never met are becoming guildmates and friends.. Way to go Daybreak.
    Seefar and HaphazardAllure like this.
  11. Natasha Member

Well I have tried the new server and found I prefer the live servers with the choice of potions, claims, mercs guild hall facilities etc, If I want it harder I can always make an alt and forgo the advantages. At the moment the only good thing is you can find a group when doing lower levels but like before that will change as you all get higher levels apart from that and nostalgia for playing the hard way. I like progress and moving onwards , what happened to eq next?
  12. Diablo1057 New Member

While I like the idea, I am not impressed. From what I have seen so far, Its no where near as good as the original. Qeynos is still very much post expansion. If you want to true nostalgia, Truly reset it to prior to any exp packs.. means fix qeynos and allow the class subclass quests pleace.
  13. Haloek Member

Sorry to tell you but at least the flying mount part is going to happen as it is required for newer expacs most notably tears of veeshan where otherwise it would be impossible to get around unless they made severe changes to the expac including portals to all the islands either changing the questline to not include Fraka Dar for example or moving him
  14. Haloek Member

alot pf other quests would have to be changed also
  15. madhermit New Member

You must be within 20 lvls of the cap to vote. Does that include tradeskill level or just adventure level?
  16. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Still waiting on an answer :(
    Seefar likes this.
  17. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Well, that's going to suck because all those people who raced to level cap in the first month will vote, and the rest of us won't get to vote... because we chose not to race at top speed through the content to get to those server firsts? What's the point in that? At that speed, we'll be at the same level as live servers in less than a year.

I think that voting needs to change to one vote per account playing on that server with a set amount of time to vote, no level requirements.
    Seefar, Elrohir, Mowse and 2 others like this.
  18. Windstalker Executive Producer

We will hopefully know this week. Might require some coding to our voting system, but we feel we need to include Tradeskill level 30.
  19. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Yes, you need to definitely include tradeskill level. Otherwise, the pace will be determined by people who rush through content to get to the end and not by the majority of the server.
    Seefar, Charlice and HaphazardAllure like this.
  20. stephen925 New Member

i fully agree because i paid for my stuff and earned alot of it over the years in card battles too. I would also like to see the original starting city's too not the new halas