Time-Locked Expansion Server FAQ (June 16)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kander, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Yuudai Member

Good, they shouldn't be unlocked till their expansions
    Seefar and Rozyn like this.
  2. Calbiyum Active Member

Yeah who cares what happened its HOW IT SHOULD BE KEKEKE
  3. Rueffing New Member

I think you guys are missing the bigger point. It clearly states that all races and classes that you own will be available "at launch" and that doesn't appear to be the case. Whether you agree with them being there or not, it says they will be and the larger point is that it calls into question what else on those lists is not implemented as stated?
  4. Calbiyum Active Member

Can we make Miaden's gultch back to x2 please
    Seefar and Kuulei like this.
  5. Kaelaien Member

What is the time the server will launch on Tuesday?
  6. Jaden Well-Known Member

Go look at the release thread and the answer is finally relayed on page 2. It currently is planned to be launched Tuesday at 12 pm Pacific/3 pm Eastern/CEST 9 pm I think.
  7. EQOArabidfan Member

Never got the chance to play back then. This is going to be great. I am assuming we won't be able to solo right? I will actually group with people!? What about camps? Or is it still a questing game? Can anyone confirm?
  8. Calbiyum Active Member

Grouping will be the best but you could solo if you'd like would just be a little slower. The best bet solo would be when you get in your 30s to do the EL and Zek dock quests then the Ferrott quests then EF, etc.
  9. Ilovecows Active Member

I don't really have the time right now to read through all 53 pages of comments to see if someone has made a similar request, but will there be some sort of change to Heritage quests? As they stand currently, they are obnoxiously easy and for the most part the rewards are absolutely useless thanks to the new itemization scheme. While it pains me to realize that you guys probably are unwilling to change the way stats function to a point when I actually had to choose between which stats I wanted, regardless of my class (agility on a guardian, strength on a warlock, etc) but can these items be altered so that they are worth getting and the quests altered so they are as difficult/time consuming as they were back in the day? Thanks.
  10. Calbiyum Active Member

There are plenty of usefull HQ items. Jboots are great and only thing better is raid gear. stein of moggok is a nice item as is screaming mace. Only complaint I'd have really is GEB are pretty useless now. But for the majority of HQ items I think they are perfectly for their difficulty and great pre raid items
  11. Lord_Delita Member

Is it 12 PM or 12 AM on Tuesday? Someone else had said AM, I am HIGHLY CONFUSED
  12. Jaden Well-Known Member

---------
    Page 2 of the announcement thread for the actual release date. It is 12 pm Pacific, yup!
  13. Ilovecows Active Member

I haven't actually played on the test server or actually played eq2 in years, but I remember after a lot of the itemization and stat changes many of the heritage quest items were not updated to the more recent stats, which kind of made them useless to use in comparison to much of the items in the newer itemization scheme. But were they updated at some point, or changed for the TLE servers? I might just be remembering incorrectly.

I would also like to see still the heritage quests returned to their former difficulty. On the live servers I can run through a lot of them in maybe an hour or two, where as it would sometimes take 8+ hours just to complete one step of the quests.
  14. krokous Member

I have not read whole thread but did they confirm REMOVING RESEARCH ASSISTANTS??? These RUIN GAME HARDEST AS PPL HAVE NO REASON TO GRIND FOR MASTERS SPELLS !!!
    Jaden and Siren like this.
  15. TexasCop25 New Member

I AM SO EXCITED!
  16. Ucala Well-Known Member

they went down monday in order[IMG] to prepare they said, so I figure they already got most of the work done, it's just a matter of a switch flip now.

esp since, if you go to the character screen now, you can make a toon on the TL server all the way up to it asking you what server you want to play (servers are blank). but everything else already exists
    Siren likes this.
  17. Jaden Well-Known Member

--------------
    Bah no new servers listed in "The Server List" ... yet! Guess after tomorrow morning's patch.:)
    It isn't going to be a big crash/restart/wtf now because its almost a mirror of live, they've had a short Beta on it AND Gninja gave in to the Tickle Squad several hours ago and revealed... errrh, k he didn't reveal the Outpost of the Overlord anything. But had to do something with my afternoon the night before the morning of the log in for our new TLE Servers!!!!:D
  18. Seefar Well-Known Member

The one thing that's confusing me* at the moment is how to actually choose the 'TLE server'. Will this be offered as another option on the 'game version' drop-down after log in?

* apart from the launch 'time' -- timezones always confuse the heckouttame, especially when folk insist on using '12' which can be midday or midnight!
  19. Ucala Well-Known Member

20. Ucala Well-Known Member