Time-Locked Expansion Server FAQ (June 16)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kander, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Iadien Active Member

This is correct. One of the first things a new player saw was the boat being attacked.
    Feldon likes this.
  2. Lancashire New Member

Hello, is anyone else having issues with logging in to Beta, I have all access and my account is years old. I keep getting trying to log in and get trying to log in to server 1, server is busy please try again later, I have never been able to log in and this has always been the message. Any ideas please?
    Thanks
  3. Kinsie New Member

I can see why bringing back the starter isle may be complicated but having FFS and DLW as the starter areas is stacked in favour of the baddies especially if the exp curve stays as it is. Baddies if they did the Raffiks quests at low level would be able to quest in DLW, FP & FFS, goodies generally would not be able to complete the low lvl quests in DLW. I nearly always roll as a baddie and I think this is unfair event though I'm getting the shiny side of the deal
  4. Zope New Member

I can understand the feeling.

But I for one played Everquest 2 at the release and up to lvl 50, then stoped shortly after the 1st expansion came out. For me the TLE servers look like a whole new game based on mechanics that I like that would just launch. That actually sounds pretty exciting.

I'm playing Everquest on the TLE server. It's nowhere near 'classic' but it's very much enjoyable. You'll have to make sure the changed features are not deal breakers to you though - I almost cancelled in frustration when I realised that Corpse Recovery where gone q:
  5. Calbiyum Active Member

Servers are down right now
  6. Yuudai Member

Back to the old ways of a new character..No armor..Just pants and a stick...YES!
  7. Dixa Active Member

if you have not played it, stop commenting on it.

playing entirely solo, the firs night the xp was too high i went from 1-10 in about 2 hours.

10-20 took another 12 hours.

so 22 hours to 20 solo on a necro. no real prior knowledge as i have only done dlw once about 5 years ago so it was all somewhat new to me. that is actually a little on the slow side for the first 20 levels imo. that is with a vitality pot and 50% xp boost runing the entire time. you would be looking at 30-40 hours just to get to level 20 now. quest turn-in xp is way too low and any sub who does not want to keep themselves full vit and xp pots the entire duration is not going to stick with it.

gear wise, the second i went into the commonlands and started dropping mobs working on the armor quests (btw these are not solo anymore, the mobs are heroic 3^. i was only able to solo cause necro) i immediately got gear of the SAME LEVEL dropping from these mobs of treasured quality that blew away all drops and quest rewards possible in DLW. and that of course is not counting the uber armor quest gear.
  8. Calbiyum Active Member

Is this before or after the xp nerf?
  9. Dixa Active Member

the first 10 was before, the 10-20 was after
  10. Syneofeternity Member

It took me 10 hours to get a guardian to 20(solo) before the xp nerf so dunno if you are trolling with the fact it took you 22 hours to get one of the most op classes in the game to 20. And I was not rushing cause I also got my tradeskilling to 15 in that same 10 hours.

There was a 50 necro before the nerf which was like 25-26hours after launch....the experience values were no where near right
  11. Calbiyum Active Member

I was 50 less than 18 hours prior the nerf (50 necro) on which I soloed/duoed mostly all the levels
  12. Nadasdy New Member

Pre xp nerf was absurd, logged off at level 39 after 4 hours, could have went to 50 in 6 or less.
  13. Polekn New Member

I logged in on Beta today and I did not recognize anything in the newbie area. Looked like a zone from WoW with EQ2 graphics. I did not play since 2009, so whatever these new newbie zones are must be added at some later point? I still have one character in Queen's Colony on Crushbone, zone is there with all the NPCs and quests, why not use it instead of some new zone?
    Mizgamer62, Fetish and Feldon like this.
  14. Dixa Active Member

xp today seemed ok. rolled up a two box necro/fury level 1. used an xp pot on both. no vit potions. took two hours to get them both to level 8. I ground a lot of mobs when quest rewards would end up being +2 levels. so without a pot it would be 3 to 5 hours or so to level 8 as so much of this was kill xp and quest xp is not affected by xp pots. that's still a little slow for level 8, but better than last Thursday.
  15. Mournhammer Member

Bring back the starting isles and i will concider coming back, like this im not interested
    Ealthina and Mizgamer62 like this.
  16. Vardune New Member

Will theTime-Locked Expansion (TLE) servers be 60 days or 30 days to unlock? Will they be voted servers? Load balancing like eq1 tlp servers?
  17. Yuudai Member

I want like 90 days...Rather it be long times between than short for people to just burn through it all
  18. Vardune New Member

Yes i was actually hoping for 90+ days if not 180+. If it is 30 days i wont even bother. 60 days is pushing it.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  19. Yuudai Member

yeah..I don't want a short timer on these...We all know people will just rush it within a week then their votes will unlock the next
  20. Maxxen Member

What time of day are the servers expected to be up on the 21st?