Time-Locked Expansion Server FAQ (June 16)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kander, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Peak Nagafun

Exile is mentioned in the poll. So, I guess that will be determined by the in-game poll.
  2. cyanbane New Member

Didn't exile hit with one of the expansions? Would it coincide with that expansion being voted on, etc?
  3. Fetish Well-Known Member

I am glad I saw this FAQ before the poll. The reference of "all classes and all races on both sides" is important to that choice. ...of course my poll is still bugged on 4/13, so I can't finish it yet. =/
  4. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

I appreciate all that you guys are doing to make these TLP servers happen, I'm just curious as to why we're going to be starting in Frostfang Sea and Darklight Wood. It seems like we should be starting in Qeynos or Freeport (even though there will be no burbs) and then moving on to Peat bog, Caves, Antonica, Commonlands, etc. Also curious as to why every race and class will be unlocked from the start, seems kind of strange (other than the fact that people paid for some and you want them to be able to use them right away).

Thanks again, I don't mean for my questions to make me seem ungrateful, just genuinely curious.
  5. Fetish Well-Known Member

Kander, I am assuming that was what the reference to races and classes in the FAQ meant, and not just bought races and classes. Having all races and classes available for choice on both sides would greatly affect whether I vote for exile or not. =P Evil Halflings are the best Halflings...
  6. Kander Developer

We will be voting in the poll whether or not there will be an exile faction.
  7. Koschei New Member

This is wonderful. It's great to see DBG absolutely in tune with what players really loved about EQ2 previously.

My questions would be with character speed caps and also zone hopping, infamy system. I can't remember what we had when PVP first came out in terms of immunity and zone hopping, but it was a sore point for a while. What measures will be in place to prevent certain classes moving so quickly they can't be caught by others?

What type of infamy system is in place, is it the old system, a new one, or a hybrid?

Will level locking be permitted?
  8. Jubileet New Member

Another question, will the factions be able to chat with each other?
  9. Jubileet New Member

Thanks so much for answering, this may be obvious.. but will it be traditional Qeynos vs Freeport or a FFA server?
  10. Koschei New Member

Will there be cross faction auctions or betrayal at launch. I think betrayal came later than the initial PVP roll out?
  11. Gankednshanked Active Member

Why would anyone not want Exile?
    Charlice, Thinwizzy and Slant like this.
  12. Ozryc Active Member

I concur wih the sentiments regarding not having beastlord and channelers
  13. hartsia New Member

hi! first of all, I am hartsia an oldschool hardcore pvper from nagafen, and this has been my dream for a long time, eq 2 pvp on nagafen from start to after rol has been one of my best time in life (gaming vise) quitted after too many bad breaking updates, so a big thank you for doing this,!!<3
    but 1 really crucial thin that you left from that list os the old fame system, yes many cried many was ********, but it was the best risk vs reward system after full loot in my oppinion, it really gave the thrills and sad moments. so bring that back even without polling it.

Sir Hartsia
    Elidor and Naypoo like this.
  14. Koschei New Member

Because of the type of people who choose to play Exile? Why not try it without at first, so there is some excitement to be had when they introduce it later?
  15. Koschei New Member

Anyone else having problems completing the poll? Formatting for the fourth page is off, and I can't press next on the last page?

Also page two favors other answers as there is an option you have to scroll down to see, which will be missed. That's not permitted in regular voting, it's like putting Jeb Bush's name on the back of the ballot paper (which isn't a bad idea)
  16. Gankednshanked Active Member

I was looking for a logical explanation, not some condescension. The "type of people" who choose to play in Exile are usually more competitive and want more people to kill. It also allows for three-way "faction" battles which are really entertaining. There's no need to wait to implement it.
    Charlice and Thinwizzy like this.
  17. Koschei New Member

Yep, your response really showcases my point.
  18. Peak Nagafun

Some of us have already done that before. Exile is enjoyable.
    Thinwizzy likes this.
  19. Gankednshanked Active Member

How so?
  20. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I see you guys are getting a head start on the PvP already :p
    Seefar, ringgirl_UFC, Belenos and 3 others like this.