Time-Locked Expansion Server FAQ (June 16)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kander, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Kander Developer

Yes. More later.
  2. Fetish Well-Known Member

Thank you very much! I figured it was me and am currently validating my EQ2 game files. =/
  3. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Fair point Kander, but people rolling on those servers will understand that there is some degree of buy-in required, which will mean forgoing stuff you've paid for to preserve the expreience. Using that logic, tradeskill apprentices, mercs, and reforging should be in the game, since we paid for those too...
  4. Kander Developer

You have an excellent point. I agree. We will stick it in the second pvp poll. For sure.
    Ecno likes this.
  5. Gankednshanked Active Member

Mercenaries should be an absolute NO. It shouldn't be in the conversation. If they are introduced later in SF for PvE reasons, if someone is engaged in PvE, they should despawn.

Personally I don't have an opinion on the class/race system, but a lot of people are concerned with Beastlords.

Also, in KoS, it should be the class system, not the subclass system so I think you have that backwards.

Will procs be able to crit?

Is there any way to make the expansion unlocking system go from an automatic 30days for classic/DoF then change to a vote during KoS? (Personal preference)

I honestly think the peak population will be in the first month or two and I think the best era of PvP will exist during KoS-RoK. I think it's important to utilize this. Maybe include it in your poll for which expansion are you looking forward to the most?
    Ajjantis and ringgirl_UFC like this.
  6. Fetish Well-Known Member

...and thank you for this. There really are no words that I can say that would adequately express how excited and thankful I am about this!
    Ecno, Elidor and Naypoo like this.
  7. Hreimdal New Member

Hi kander. Hoping for clarification on the fame system. Will it be reverted back to before fame decay etc and without the fame xp bar?
    Naypoo likes this.
  8. Kander Developer

We're still looking at it. Post your wants/needs/desires here and we will add stuff to the next poll.
    Ecno likes this.
  9. Hreimdal New Member

Definitely needs to be reverted back to pre ROK. No fame decay / xp bar. I'm praying I'm not the only one who thinks this!
  10. Aquaskaientos Member

Question 11 - the same problem :(
  11. daai New Member

what an excellent incarnation!

i'm extremely excited to be a part of this.

thanks for sticking true to your community, EQ.
  12. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Really happy to see the power creep issue is at least being looked into. Even just a server wide debuff that zeros out/caps certain stats would be nice.
  13. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

May we please have only ground mounts on PvE server as well? Flying has ruined the game imo. Actualy, please remove flying mounts from the normal servers as well:p
    Charlice likes this.
  14. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

No flying mounts would make it virtually impossible to do some of the latter content. I'd love to raid ToV or go questing in Cobalt Scar with only ground mounts :p

Edit: I just re-read Kander's post. He never said the mounts won't be in there, he just said there'd be no flying, or leaping. So presumably that would just mean a server-wide perma-debuff in overland zones like the one in Withered Lands that just prevents you from flying.
  15. Ktron New Member

People are only not able to play classes they've paid for on this (a time locked expansion) server, and only until the expansion comes out. I have the beastlord class and have no quams against not being able to play it until its appropriate expansion. It would feel more like starting the game over without them. I feel like having said classes from the start will take away from the nostalgia. Maybe that is just me but i doubt it.
    Katz, Ecno, Charlice and 4 others like this.
  16. cyanbane New Member

Agreed, I would be fine with at some point in an expansion.
  17. Kander Developer

Good to know. Thanks.
    Ecno and Naypoo like this.
  18. Fetish Well-Known Member

I would agree...however my concern isn't just nostalgia, but in the fact that those classes were made at a time when the game was entirely different than launch. I don't think that they match the other classes very well in regards to how they are balanced across the leveling range. It would make sense to only have them come available when they were introduced.
  19. Jubileet New Member

Can you please comment if there will be an exile faction? Will this be Freeport Vs Qeynos? FFA? etc. Thank you!
  20. Gankednshanked Active Member

This was a question in the polls on Live.