Time is short

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Big G, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Big G Member

On the 3th room I was killed running out. My book says to go to the room of red wings the last of this quest. Each time they kill me. Do I have to start over again? Will my quest take the first one again?o_O
  2. Lojaak Well-Known Member

Have you tried to talk to the queen again to see if she can cast the protection spell on you once more?
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Shmogre likes this.
  4. Big G Member

I was killed coming out of the Relic of Pingyuan. Quest up date says go to the Relic of Zou Kunnen the red wings.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yes, the mention of "red wings" is what was throwing me because that's not part of the in-game quest journal entry at all, unless something changed with that entry since the last time I did it. ;D

Make triple sure you're at the Protectors of Magic (that will be the name of the mobs, since Zou Kunnen is the lost god of Magic). The rough loc is (/waypoint -454, 0.29, -56)

If that's where you are, and it is the Magic ones killing you, then I am at a loss. The only thing at that point that I can say is to NOT delete the quest from your journal, nor The Final Blow, as you'll glitch up even more stuff. It may need a GM at that point. But first, make sure that if your journal is mentioning Zou Kunnen, that you're at the curving stairs leading down into the realm of Magic.
    Shmogre likes this.
  6. Shmogre Well-Known Member

In addition to what DenMum has suggested, if you are getting killed while *leaving* an area (after successfully crafting a relic), it's possible the timer has run out and the mobs re-aggroed on you (it happened to me a few times on beta).

A few things you could try: activate your Earring of the Solstice (it gives a 45% run speed buff) or use a Sabertooth totem (for a run speed buff); if you have any potions of progress/success/critical success from your tradeskill apprentices, they will make the crafting go much faster (thus giving you more time to get to safety).

Hope you find a solution...best of luck!
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

As long as you complete the crafting before the time runs out, your quest journal should update. My mystic died leaving Pingyuan; I just revived, went on to Zou and completed the subquest. You should have one minute of protection for each of the four areas - the timer starts as you approach the first line of defense. Good suggestions on the run speed increases, Shmogre... I didn't think of it.

If you're getting killed going into Zou, that's a different issue and may well need some dev intervention.
    Xianthia and Shmogre like this.
  8. Determind Active Member

What do you do if you don't finish crafting before the timer runs out in the 3rd room? I don't have any Rune Conduit left. I tried to go back to "The Crypt of Dalnir: Baron's Workshop (Tradeskill)" to make more but HaggleBaron Dalnir just kills me now and there are no crafting materials in the side rooms to make new Rune Conduit. Its a new instance. It is because I didn't drop the Time is Short quest? I was hoping I could get more Rune Conduit made without starting Time is Short over again.
  9. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Just craft, the rune conduit will "magically" be available (Domino put that in for us so we wouldn't have to backtrack and to give a workaround). Whatever you do, don't delete either Time is Short or The Final Blow at this point, or you will end up pretty stuck.
    Prissetta likes this.