Time gates for tradeskill dailies/weeklies

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Elostirion, May 20, 2022.

1. Elostirion Well-Known Member

This is not the highest priority item out there, but just something to consider as you prepare this winter's expac content.

Adventurers and Crafters both get a plethora of weekly and daily quests. Theirs are generally to kill things and clear zones. Ours are generally to harvest and craft things. So far so good.

Through course of an expac, adventurers get a continuous supply of gear upgrades with more potency, fervor, crit bonus, etc etc, which has the net effect of allowing them to complete their dailies and weeklies ever faster as content ages.

Crafters get....no analogue to that. It will take just as much time to make Renfry happy this upcoming October as it did last December. Meanwhile the adventurers will be able to take their Mains and a string of alts through dailies and weeklies in the same amount of time this fall as it took for just their mains (if they were even able to complete it at all) last winter.

Back when recipe books were added to Renfry, there was a big to-do about time-invested versus reward, that good rewards had to take considerable time invested and be gated by time delays. This logic is sound. However it is not being applied with parity. Adventurers get to progress to bigger challenges with better rewards, and do it with greater speed due to their improved gear. There is no such progression on the crafter side. We cant crafter-gear-up and do a Super Renfry Quest for a higher loot table, or get through the weekly faster due to upgrades we've crafted/gotten as reward. We're doing the same thing, every week, since expac opened, and we're taking just as long to do it.

Food for thought.
    Twyla and Benj like this.
  2. Benj Well-Known Member

I've long wanted a way to "gear up" my crafter, though I have no practical suggestions on how to reach this. I enjoyed the tradeskill dungeons of PoP. I also enjoyed the PQs with tradeskill elements (Shard of Hate in PoP, Jarsath Wastes in KA). I'm in favor of Elostirion's suggestion of a Super Renfry Quest that somehow requires more player/character skill and gives better rewards.
    Twyla likes this.