Time for status from writs to contribute to guilds again!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Daalilama, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Daalilama Well-Known Member

With the release of PoP, guild levels have increased to 250. Leveling up a guild past level 100 has become a massive chore especially with tiny to medium guild member numbers with few avenues available other than running zones or raids to get status. Since the adventure/tradeskill level cap has increased to 110 and most are busy doing repeatable rush orders level their tradeskill it is time to bring back both adventure writs and tradeskill writs to help contribute to the leveling up on guilds higher than level 100. There used to be a saying from the devs and management of EQ2, "Play your way"...well for some its running zones others its doing raids and still others it's tradeskilling...please allow us to the leveling of guild halls by means other than just running zones and raids....and give all of us leveling up to 110 another option to reach higher guild levels.
    Kayllaa, Quillyne, Kheldorm and 8 others like this.
  2. Zarnafien Well-Known Member

I agree. Crafters should be able to contribute to increasing guild status.
    Kayllaa, Quillyne, Kheldorm and 5 others like this.
  3. Xillean Well-Known Member

Should have never been taken away to begin with. but please at least let the writs contribute to 200 if not the cap of 250.
    Kayllaa, Quillyne, Kheldorm and 4 others like this.
  4. Buba Active Member

I totally agree that writs should contribute to the guild, but as far as play your way goes that went out a long time ago. I loved it when I could spend 3-4 hours after work with a small group of 3 or 4 of us running the KOS zones when it came out. Didn't have to have specific class makeup or deal with tons of scripts. It was about having fun. Unfortunately the hard core players and the raiders kept begging to have the devs force players into their preferred play style and the devs listened. Now it is all about raids, scripts and putting together the perfect group to do heroic zones over and over to even get the basics such as adornments. Since the decision was made for exclusion instead of inclusion populations dropped servers merged and now DBG doesn't have the money to hire enough staff to make a game for the masses. So we are stuck with the catering they have done and like it or not the good old days of just having fun at play your way is gone. I am sure that this post is going to get slammed but it is what I have seen and my two cents.
    Kheldorm, GrunEQ, Ratala and 8 others like this.
  5. Zarnafien Well-Known Member

^^^^^^This!

Exactly!
  6. Rynda Active Member

We had a happy, thriving guild that was all about fun and nothing about strategy. People logged in for laughs, to joke around and help their fellow guild mates and people outside of guild. We frequently did old content, ran guild events and silly competitions, handed out gifts to newbies and went to the starter zones to help out. People took pride in helping to level the guild whether they were high or low level, whether they did it through crafting writs or adventuring writs. Members also took pride in being anything but "uber" and usually said we were the least uber guild of them all which in itself attracted a number of laid back players who had been there, done that, gotten the T-shirt and felt the days of (HC) raiding was a thing of the past.

As the game became increasingly more about the right gear, the right strategy, the right balance of everything, never ending grinding and time sinks, the numbers noticably dwindled and with TS writs no longer contributing to level the guild, we saw returning members pop in but only to leave again, not leave the guild but the game altogether, as they felt they couldn't contribute to leveling the guild any longer.

It might be time and also very worthwhile to do a thorough analysis and backtrack some of the decicions made that caused really long term subscribers to stop playing and listen very carefully to the whole playerbase, ask specifically what would bring them back to the game - that would be an email from DBG that I would love to receive :) A lot of people feel strongly about EQII but they are not blindly loyal and won't support a game that don't give them the thrill and joy they once knew.

I'm critical of a number of things that have gone down in EQII, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't gladly pick up my subscription again in a heartbeat - and encourage others to do the same - the second I saw improvements and that criticism was being listened to in order to improve the gaming experience for us - and result in a cash influx for DBG - I guess it could even be a win-win.
    Quillyne, GrunEQ, Ratala and 8 others like this.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Personally I'd just set the limit to Max -50 and keep it at that. This allows crafting orientated guilds to stay relatively high level, and have to get out of the guild hall for those final levels.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yup, especially since, with the lack of a TS questline, there is absolutely nothing from PoP that TSers can do to help lvl guilds right now.
    Kheldorm, Rynda, Keedahm and 5 others like this.
  9. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Considering the contributions from other avenues which do contribute to guild levels has been pretty much stagnate for a while yet guild levels kept increasing is the main reason I decided to suggest bringing back the adventure and tradeskill writs to help....
    Rynda, Keedahm, Rhodris and 3 others like this.
  10. Daalilama Well-Known Member

I really hope we can at least an a response of "we are currently looking into it" from the dev team.
    Prissetta and Kayllaa like this.
  11. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Level 100 TS writ = 22,000 status
    Level 101 TS writ = 50 status

Once you hit level 101, the level 100 writ disappears and is no longer available. Also, once you hit 101, you get a single 110 writ to keep going with. This is disappointing on so many levels. I have a personal level 56 guild, and all of my crafters are level 100 (but not for adventuring). Tradeskilling is one way I can keep the rent paid on the T1 guild hall I have just invested in. Not to mention that I really do enjoy crafting.

Buba has it dead to rights. Exclusion rather than inclusion is the EQ2 way to play now.
    Meneltel, Kheldorm, Rynda and 2 others like this.
  12. Carynn Well-Known Member

I'm adding in to have the adventure/tradeskill writs go to guild status again after level 100, to 150 at the very minimum. The thought that 'you get a super guild buff at level 150/200, etc., and should have to earn it' doesn't really apply to a tradeskill guild because the buff is for adventuring, and all the adventure guilds are already at the highest levels.
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

For what? Just to say you're max level? The level 250 guild buff has absolutely no benefit for Crafters.
    [IMG]
  14. Kenn Well-Known Member

All that fun stuff you used to do, you can still do, but its not fun like it used to be. It is a has-been event.