TiL EXP Bonus

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Justaquestion111, May 22, 2018.

1. NYC2200 New Member

Giants in TD... are you guys talking about those 3 mobs in the cave.... lol takes like 3 seconds to kill them then you have to wait for respawns totally not worth the time.
    Xiao likes this.
  2. Kalika Well-Known Member

It is like itemization which is not simply improper it is totally fully broken ... People were not even bidding on raid gear and fabled from deep sebilis are often worst than 68 or 72 quested gear.
  3. Kalika Well-Known Member

People are desperated that some lvl 60 was mentoring someone below 20 and claimed getting really good xp .n TD ..... Pathetic ..
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure you can just make a one rock area somewhere in TD and get bonkers amount of xp. I'd have to look around to see a high density spot; but I know you're getting more xp killing standard mobs mentored than clearing waves upon waves in CMM in the 60's,
  5. NYC2200 New Member

Doubt it, besides those 3 elite giants in the cave, the best you can do is maybe lvl 20 mobs near gorowyn (but there isn't too many) or kill those lvl 17-19 birds near that giant cave but it's a pita if you got people in tow since it's many different levels but who knows. I can't imagine just grinding there all day for some mentor xp...
  6. Xiao Member

I mentored the level 20's at 60 last night to experiment. The room is small; there are 6 ^^^ giants level 25-27 and these are the highest level mobs in zone. As a disclaimer, because I know a lot of you are handicapped at reading/writing and critically thinking, at level 60 you should go to Dreg's Landing.

They were getting 20%+ per kill. I was getting 6x the amount of XP per kill than what I would have gotten per kill in EoF/KoS/DoF
  7. NYC2200 New Member

I'm not sure i understand your post. Those 6 giants in that cave, there is no way a toon in their 20s is getting 20% per kill mentored.... Also, at 60 yea you should just go to Kunark zones but what does have to do with anything in this post.
  8. Gazorpjp New Member

I'm not sure what he's saying as well.

That aside, there is actually a cliff with a lot ^^ lvl22-25 giants (I counted 15+). I was soloing these as a lvl 33 and was getting around 1% a kill with vitality. Sadly the mobs were easier to kill and gave more xp than oranges 5-7 levels higher than my guy in steamfont.

I could see that spot being viable up to 25 and maybe even 30 with a another person.
  9. Kalika Well-Known Member

It is quite sad to have a game like Eq2 operated but such an incompetent team.

Almost everything is broken, heroic are trivial and theywant us to run them 25 times, fabled level 80 items can be worst than 72 treasured, class balance is totally broken (only 3 of my conjurer spell do something - 5 if i count 2 open aoe) and afk channelers still outparse templars ....

Last people in the range 30-60 mentor to 20 to get decnt xp

Someone must wake up in San Diego before we all give up trying ...
    NYC2200 likes this.
  10. NYC2200 New Member

The itemization is horrible in rok.. i'm shocked this was never fixed/addressed. I looted a lvl 70 fabled from rok zone and it was not even half as good as a quested item i received for the same slot..
  11. Xiao Member

They were leveling in 5 pulls. We had to have them lock so we wouldn't have to look for new mentors. Why don't you try to be more objective and test like I am rather than claim your wisdom.
  12. Xiao Member

Its so frustrating. Before RoK dropped we warned the development team that this would be a problem since there was a huge level gap in the expansion and nothing was addressed regarding the issue. So essentially we were ignored and the experience bonus went to players going 70-80 and clearing VP 2 days from release.

I'm not hating on you guys doing that; I want to do that too. It just doesn't seem right.

It's now impossible to even get a group if you wanted one because everyone was dashing to 80, and now they have dailies to work on for pretty much the remainder of the expansion.

Then you have the change to vitality to be consumed for quest XP. This might be my biggest gripe and evidence of DBG greed. You can chalk up moving the bonus XP to RoK because that's what we've always done here on Fallen Gate, but the change to vitality is such a slap in the dick.
    Kalika likes this.
  13. Kalika Well-Known Member

Honestly if itemization issue is not acknowledged, if decent xp is not returned for 1-65, and if obvious class balance issues are not addressed i will simply probably give up quite quickly.

Anyway the gang operating EQ2 won't make money very long at this rate, i created a free lvl 100 heroic and i laughed reading abilities doing 17236 zillion of damage and other doing 900, my new toon had like 200 passive effects, i was in a state of disbelief 29373247092 is it my potenncy or my fire resistance ? it was such a non sense. It is so obvious that almost nobody will return.

What is amazing is that they managed to introduce non sense in RoK which was perfectly functional.

Your example about vitality is quite informative, vitality was introduced to penalize in a moderate way mob grinding and to give incentives to layer to explore the content and do some quests.
  14. Greene Active Member

I don't understand the logic to the vitality+quest change. I quest more than the average TLE person, *despite* it being about, and I'm spitballing here, 4-8x slower than just blowing up mobs in a group.
    Kalika likes this.
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

The Dev who focused on itemization for TLE was laid off, so no that is not shocking.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

To have a one-rock type place we'd have to find some grouped ^'s that have a 'heroic' tag somewhere in an RoK zone.

I've been looking, but so far not really finding it.
  17. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yeap that is an important issue, for RoK i almost skipped questing on main, did KC till 72 then CoA and by 75 i had cleared almost eveything, each instance giving more or less a full level.

Solo question should be slower, may be twice slower but not 10 times slower.

And don' t tell me about risk or difficulty, we cleared CoA with a 71-72 group, and people in raid gear did it at 70. So if you run with a 80 tank and healer you can sleep and still get massive xp.

The only mob that require a bit of attention are sandstorm (if low dps) in maiden and may be the 3 sisters. For drusella you only need people able to back off pet (assuming the tank target himself)...

Honestly when people form group to do zone pull of non heroic mobs like in Kylong or Jarsath it means that something iis really badly designed. Indeed i would love o see cooperative strike to be added back but with a moderate multiplier like 1.3 per encounter.
  18. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

People grinding in overland zones is silly. It worked with one rock because of the unusual situation where the xp from that solo trash was equal to heroic mobs, but in RoK and EoF the group instances are better in every way. I have been in LP and JW groups... waste of time, never again. It's pretty pathetic they can't make a legitimate reasonable xp curve throughout the content leveling up. People used to complain about "hell levels" in 2005, 13 years later now we have entire giant groupings of hell levels.
  19. Atan Well-Known Member

One Rock worked case they were solo mobs flagged as heroic. That happened cause they were once heroic mobs that because a solo flagged quest required killing them they were later nerfed to make the solo questers happy.

Net result were some experience pinata's that persisted for a long time.
    Xiao and Zenji like this.