Tier 9 and Tier 10 Jewelry pieces are wrong. Please fix them.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Remember the good old days, when all jewelry but especially Rings (for casters) and Bands (for non-casters) were made from gemstones and soft metals, respectively? Up to and including rare materials for Mastercrafted items? So, what the heck is up with brellium this (hard metal rare) and brellium that for Orbs, Symbols, Censers, and such, when they should be made using kaborite or ulteran diamonds? The other ingredients include things like amber, quicksilver, etc., the things you'd expect for caster materials: gems and soft metal. The Rings for casters, for Intelligence/Wisdom and Stamina, use titanium (hard metal regular) for the Handcrafted items instead of amber? What happened? Were the devs coming down from massive hangovers from a three-day weekend when they did that? :-/ Did they turn loose new trainees on it, who didn't even look at the prior tiers? :( There is NO jewelry that uses ulteran diamonds, or at least that goes by that name while looking up recipes. So, what are the ulteran diamonds used for?

And again, at Tier 10, only it gets weirder there: no Rings of any sort for casters, just Earrings (um, just because there's "Ring" in the name, doesn't mean it goes on the FINGER, folks...that sounds like an automated bit of software that Should Not Be) that would do what Rings used to do: add to either Intelligence or Wisdom (no Stamina, 'cause y'know, casters don't need any more hit points). Made using the hard metal rare, tungsten, instead of the gem common or rare, amethyst or black star sapphire. Ah, my bad; I was looking for Rings, for my casters, rather than Bands for my non-casters. There they are: Bands of Strength and Dexterity (no Stamina; made from either rhenium or tungsten, though, which is another weird thing; they should be made of iridium or osmium), and Intelligence and Wisdom (again, no Stamina), made of either rhenium or tungsten, which is wrong. Rings = casters = amethyst or black star sapphire. Also Sashes for belts, not Girdles, especially not Girdles made of hard metal (common and rare...and since when did they ever add specifically to STR, AGI, INT, or WIS?). At least the Orbs are back to their normal sanity (at Tier 10, there was ONE ITEM that used amethyst or black sapphire, the Orb), but any jewelry that adds a Stamina boost STOPS at Tier 9. Why is this?

Granted, I'm looking at this on Test, where my level 100 Jeweler has all his Essential and Advanced recipes up to level 100 (still no Stamina items past Tier 9; I Searched). Is it this way on other regions, or is it just me? >:-/

Uwk
    who mentions this because my Armorers and Weaponsmiths are beginning to squawk about their "real metals" being snatched for things that never used them before :mad:
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And the only places quicksilver is used for by searchable name are the Censers, Idols, and Symbols in Tier 9. In Tier 10, iridium is apparently only used for Censers. The Tier 9 and 10 rares, kaborite and osmium, respectively, don't even get a mention until an Osmium Censer.

What happened?

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah. There are also NO Imbued jewelry pieces beyond Tier 8. Again, why is this?

Uwk
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  4. EmJay Well-Known Member

Seriously? lol
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, seriously. The pieces for Tiers 9 and 10 are garbage, and hey, not all of my 98 toons are level 110.

I can't be the only one who's affected by this.

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Aww, you beat me, Uwk! I only have 87 toons (not all of mine are level 110, either - I have five at level 110 adventure, and 13 at level 110 crafting). :eek:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's not bad, still! :)

What did you do with them during Tier 9 and 10? Did you find the jewelry we can access to be adequate? :-/

Uwk
  8. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I'm a bit newer here... only been playing for 5 years. I did notice, though, that the wrong rare ore/gems was used for items, I think as far back as Altar of Malice. I believe it was called to the devs' attention then, but nothing was done. =( Very annoying to need tons and tons of one, while the other went begging.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  9. EmJay Well-Known Member

Well, what I meant by seriously is that with all the work being done to get an expansion out at this time, I just don't think we'll be seeing any fixes for such old content especially since it's in regards to tradeskills. That's all. Doesn't have anything to do with being level 110.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! True, that. ;)

Unfortunately, it seems the minute they release a new expac, they then spend the rest of the next year trying to squash all the bugs (which, ideally, they should've squashed before release, but hey, y'know...and whatever happened to Beta server [then Public Test, after, for fine-tuning] getting the expac to play with before release? Granted, we'd be paying for the privilege, but at least hopefully things would get noticed and squashed before paying additional money for a flawed release) until time to release the next next expac. :-/

And dealing, of course, with the dark mutters we have about things that are actually features, rather than bugs... X-P

Uwk
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Seriously, what are the ulteran diamonds and black star sapphires and soft metals used for these days? :(

Uwk
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

IIRC I think they are just used in spells. Of course I'm saying this before I log into came to verify that on my spell makers, so could be wrong.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah...well, even with my Sages, I'm not sure; I mostly have them to make blank Notebooks. :D

Uwk
  14. Steelviper Active Member

Hmm, ulteran diamonds and black stars. That was the tier for Chains of Eternity and Tears of Veeshan expacs, level 92-95 both. Chains of Eternity... didn't have any? Don't remember anymore... craftable jewelry, then Tears of Veeshan came out, the last expac from SOE, which also didn't do a lot (any?) in crafteable gear department. Both of the expacs were very big oriented on raid content, and otherwise group content, where all the good gear came from, otherwise just running solo dungeons.
    So yes, this tier of gems wasn't used for crafting gear, only spells, house items and various other little things. Then the newer level 100-105 gems were used in Altar of Malice after transition of SOE to Daybreak Games (and the Big Red Eye) for some (back then) great new crafted gear and a relief sigh from playerbase. Level 96 (handcrafted) and 98 (mastercrafted) gear, unless it was changed later on.

It lasted all the way through Terrors of Thalumbra (which crafteable level 100 gear trashed the AoM craftable gear) up to Kunark Ascending (which craftable level 100 gear trashed the ToT craftable gear, good luck figuring out which level 100 is the latest), though Planes of Prophecy (if I remember correctly now) ultimately dropped any support for crafted gear. And I have no possibility to know what is running currently anymore.
    Hope those memories are of some use.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm, that does make a lot of sense...there was a lot of chaos going on with the last SOE weeks/months, and the whole 90-92/96-99/100? stuff was weird as hell; I dunno, is it just me, or would it have been less muss/fuss/hassle/etc. to just do a lather, rinse, repeat set of recipes with the same sort of ingredients, only 1 tier higher and not have to worry about it? :-/

Uwk