Tier 1 Heroic Zones in BOL

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Rehab, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Rehab New Member

I’m trying to get my resolve up but it’s been somewhat difficult even after completing all play placeable and dropped quests, infusions, in the new expansion. Someone mentioned that I should play T1 Heroic zones to farm res gear. Can someone tell me what T1 Heroic zones are in the new expansion? Thanks.
  2. Memuvil New Member

This expac works differently than CD. All of the heroic zones are t1. The challenge versions of them are considered t2.
  3. Rehab New Member

Ok thanks. It’s been difficult to get T1 groups because my resolve is low; when resolve loot is in T1 heroics; the irony. I tried searching the marketplace but other than the mount there’s nothing else you can buy that will increase your resolve.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Doing the sig line should give you a full set of 155 gear. That should give you enough resolve for heroics. You'll need to infuse your gear to get your potency up, however.
    There are also overland clicky quests (click on placeables in the world to start quests) and overland body dropped quests (mobs drop items that you examine to start quests).
    Finishing all of each 'type' in a zone gives you a resolve 165 piece of jewelery. That's 6 pieces you can get from just solo content.
    Doing all of the PQs at least once each give a you a nice resolve 170 cloak
    Unfortunately there isn't much else to work towards heroics. The gear you can buy (and get out of) the PQs is no better than the sig line rewards. The same goes for the solo instances :(
    Kuulei and Dude like this.
  5. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

How can I do all PQ's? I participated in PQ multiple times and each time it was either PQ on island with golems or PQ in caves.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

The overland epics count as PQs
    Evguenil62 likes this.
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

you should look at your achievement - triumphs. There are some really nice stuff you can get from them
    if you do all overland pq mobs, you get a really nice cloak for instance
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  8. Rehab New Member

So I’ve completed the following so far in BoL:

- signature line for BoL
    - all placeable quests. I tried repeating all them twice after initial completion and I don’t receive any more rewards at the end; aka no high resolve loot.
    - all dropped quests
    - only one PQ in the binding no public raids (rockhop, the flower, night crawler)

I still only have 3420 resolved and that includes amount I got for the marketplace and one heroic loot.

Is there anything else I can buy in the marketplace to get my resolve up? You mentioned doing the placeable quests over and over so you get six armor pieces in the end but like I said I never received any more loot after the first time I completed all the place of requests. I feel like I’m missing something here.

Note: my triumph achievement is 3,101 points but the window is completely blank. Nothing is showing. Not sure what these points can be used for
  9. Sious Member

Rehab: for T1 heroics you only need 3205 resolve you are well above what you need resolve wise.

The problem for most pll is potency. You realy HAVE to both play infuse and with the infusers for potency.
    130k is a absolue minimum and a group will only carry 1 such person @ this time. 140+ is doable as you will actualy do some dps. 145-155 is nice, anything above means you got a lucky cobalt crate and lots of unlockers ;p
  10. Rehab New Member

Sious: It’s interesting you say I’m well above T1 Heroics. Ive noticed when I tank Arx EV normal and normal version heroics in AC I usually just barely get by unless I have a solid geared group in that case it’s not bad. However, when I did try tanking some Heroics in Wracklands But could never get through the final named because I was constantly dying even when I was clearing bulwarks (barrage) spell. At that time (today) my potency was 121K But the group kept saying my mitigation was too low. Sounds like it’s both? I’m not so concerned about DPS when tanking when all I really care about is holding aggro and staying alive.

You mentioned the cobalt crates which I see on the marketplace. is that something I should invest in if so what does it give you as the descriptions are vague. Thanks.
  11. Twofeets Active Member

Plate mit gear seems to be lacking for solo content. I find myself having to force a tradeoff between mit and resolve. What's odd is that last week I was tanking T1 heroics without too much trouble (3425 resolve, 300mil health, block 340, mit only 51% wearing fully infused solo drop gear). Since the patch on 1/3 I'm getting 1 shotted by stuff repeated for 500-600mil health. Some was physical, but others were fire and arcane. I swapped out some resolve gear for mit gear, dropped to 3400 resolve with 55% mit and tried again, was still getting 1 shotted, sometimes seconds apart.

Has anyone else noticed a change for plate tanks since the patch on Friday?
  12. Benj Well-Known Member

You have enough resolve for T1 heroics, but you are just shy of the resolve requirement for T2 (challenge) heroics. The heroic mobs in Wracklands are T2. It's also worth noting that nearly all overland heroics (especially Wracklands and the final Shek'Nar in Blinding) are not tuned properly and require full raids. I have heard that mitigation is not that important this expansion, just as it was not important last expansion, but I cannot confirm or deny for most content. DPS is semi-important for a tank as it helps you keep aggro beyond what you could do with taunts alone.

The cobalt crates cost real money (Daybreak cash) and give you a random item from the visible contents. Among those items are a set of "bonus" infusers. These can be used on an item, even if you have maxed it out from plat infusing and physical infusers. If you are really lucky, you'll get a mount that is better than the Collector's Edition mount.
  13. Sious Member

Hi Rehab,

I didn't know you where talking about tanking. Indeed for tanks it's Resolve (3200 and a little) then 130+k pot @least and 140k or more prefered and ofcourse mitigation.
    i found that a minimum of 34000 for me was needed to somewhat go through the zones (Sk running offencive) For T2 and raids i try to get up to 43000 or higher in defensive.

Gear wise T1 will give you the needed mitigation pieces with 165 resolve so it's a pain the first 5-6 runs and then it's good.
    Then it's a matter of more runs to get the T1 armor (with mitigation)
    doit likes this.