Tidal Waves: Busted, Again

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Bouncing Skull, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Bouncing Skull Active Member

Multiple people are complaining about the mobs for this event no longer spawning. We went back to do this quest again on alts and it is broken. Not only are the mobs for the event not spawning, but none of the mobs anywhere near the place for this event are up either. Its completely devoid of mobs.
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I did this a few hours ago (Sunday) and worked fine for me. Once I placed the anchors I had to speak to the npc behind the barricade, which I don't remember having to do on my first few times going through this quest. Other than that the quest went smooth for me.
  3. Bouncing Skull Active Member

Tried this and multiple other things. Many people were hanging out on the beach waiting for their mobs to show up... but they never did. They must be union.
  4. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

What server did that happen on? Also, is the boss of the event up? If he returned to his spawn location, he'd be just offshore, sitting underwater.
  5. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

I just tried this on the Oasis server, and it ran correctly, so whatever was broken either fixed itself, or I miscalculated where it was stuck. Please let me know if you were playing on a different server when this occurred.
  6. Prrasha Well-Known Member

I two-boxed it yesterday, only watching the quest count on one alt. She got to 50/50, killed a few spare mobs after that since the boss wasn't up, the boss spawned, killed the boss, went back to turn in the quest.

At that point, I realized my other alt was still sitting at 33/50. Somehow, she didn't get credit for 20+ mobs despite being on autofollow and helping kill everything.

Had to hail the gnome behind the barricade to get the mobs going again, then had to kill the full complement to find the boss (again).
  7. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

The updates are not group updates, but rather are based on hate. Your alt must have only managed to damage 33 of the NPCs the first time you ran it (this can be done by attacking them, or if the taunt or AE anchors hit them).
  8. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Must have been a difference in the locations of their anchors, then... templar/illusionist is not a pair that worries about killing mobs before the other gets a shot in. :rolleyes: