Tick tock tick tock Naggy

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Schnooky, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Schnooky Member

Just got a fear that while eq2 may survive, it could get streamlined to make it less costly to produce.
    An eq2 PVE and BGS game only is a possibility.

So I'm gonna be holding 1k plat, a minor sum, every time I hit Ossuary Contested, in the hope somebody wants some contested pvp before there is no more contested pvp.

Come kill me Q's.
    Freeps let's drop that x2 and kill all the Q's.
    Let's pvp.
    Thurs-Fri-Sat 7pm pacific
  2. Fetish Well-Known Member

"That one guy" at SOE had already streamlined the game into that... Here is to hoping that the new investors are savvy enough to realize the profit potential of returning the red server game to a semblance of what it used to be, back when it packed multiple servers with happily paying clients. I see that they already made the road to accomplishing that change much easier...
    Tippysaurus likes this.
  3. Darksavanna Active Member

there is no money to be made off of naggy any longer. Or any red server for that matter. Profit potential is gonna come when they shut the server down. I know iam not gonna come back to naggy even if it was rolled to kos rule sets. I just means itll take them a few up dates to re mess the pvp aspet up.
  4. Stylish Active Member

When no one is working on PvP development/mechanics, the cost of running the server is basically all that is left. It isn't much in the grand scheme of things.

And as stated above, this move was in the right direction.
  5. Fetish Well-Known Member

Less "working on the mechanics" would have been good. All that the red server game gained from Dev attention was stuff like perma-immunity, nerfing of individual items (chokering to avoid fame loss?) and other stuff that was distracting them from noticing the real problems, like why all the overland PvP disappeared due to superfluous travel options, or why banning of players for PVPing to stop contested mobs being downed was bad...
    Tippysaurus likes this.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Um....SOE/Daybreak has lost half its crew across the boards. Did you read Feldon's EQ2Wire article? They were actually asked what kind of content they could come up with as a team of 10 people. OY. It seems like now even the blue servers are going to be like Nagafen, ignored and desolate, running in maintenance mode.
    Tippysaurus likes this.
  7. Maddest Active Member

Siren said it. Wont be enough coders to develop engrossing content. Depends how far they were into the next release somewhat. When they streamlined hopefully they trimmed the fat and not the people that made good money cuz they were awesome at their job. Life never works like that though. Thinkin Walmart not GM.
    Tippysaurus likes this.
  8. Nuada Active Member

eq2 is dead in 5 year only 1 pve server is up 100% and SOE was only the prob not the game pvp in eq2 is best from all mmos.
    AND noone need a shooter LIKE PVP "EQN" MMO without Targeting Tauntlock and all this staff was made Everquest Public !!!

I Like Shooting yes but then i start a Shooter game and sure not EQN Exstase and me have play this game since BETA and this game go bader and bader.. Community say what is to do.. and SOE do Nothing.. ohhh sorry.. now we have a new bg zone ROFL..

and now 10 dev team and the game need a 180° change.. = no chance = game dead = search another game like me.. :((
    Tippysaurus likes this.
  9. Tippysaurus Active Member

God this sucks. Rest in Peace EQ Franchise.
  10. Nuada Active Member

hehe hi Tippy but we have a little chance:
    I have Read "David Georgeson" is kicked from DGC, this is the best news I have read for years.
    Fetish and Tippysaurus like this.
  11. Tippysaurus Active Member

Hi Nuada! I agree about Georgeson... unfortunately many other great developers are following behind him =(
  12. Fetish Well-Known Member

That is what I find is the sad part...the others. Without Smokeblower around there might be a chance to have "revive PvP" mean something other than put new items on the BG vendor.
    Tippysaurus likes this.