Thoughts on TS timeline

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Buba, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Some times, it helps to step back and switch from a narrow view of things to a broad one.

When I do this, and I look at all the i
    Individual peices through a broad frame, not only do I see the obvious fact that the game is not what it was, and not only do I see that the game is not something I enjoy playing today, but, I also see where it's headed.

They might prove me wrong of course, but I'll go with the probabilities on this one.
    Kheldar, Tekka and Rhodris like this.
  2. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

You know, speaking if broad vs narrow framing, I'm sure all the strategies, mechanics, game designs, and community interactions are doing a fine job of squeezing revenue out of a dying game.

The problem is with the broad view. Trust, reputation, and resentment are sticky issues that effect not just specific products, but the entire brand.

If management thinks all they have to do is throw something new and shinie in front of people, and they'll forget all about how they were treated in the past, they are in for a hard lesson.

It can be done, but it will take time and cost I a lot money.

If they have given up on the game and its customers, one has to wonder if it us better for the company (And it's customers) just to shut it down and give up some money for the sake of brand reputation and goodwill.
    Kheldar, Rhodris and Meneltel like this.