Thoughts on TS timeline

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Buba, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Buba Active Member

This is from Gninja
    "
    Resetting the quest will not change anything in regard to the valves working. Bottom line is lag is sometimes causing those valves to not properly connect to the art in the zone. So when you reset the zone it tries to load them again when a new instance is created. Most of the time that will work but if you lag during that zone in it can still happen. You should never need to remove the quest and reget it.

When you come back in the zone you should be able to go straight to the control room if you had passed that part. Before doing anything else check the valves and you should see them with the option to "Examine" if you don't then you'll need to try resetting the zone again. If you do see that option you should be good to go. You will need to take the Hackbot 3000 back to the Binary Control Bots to get the new code (since it changes) "

Of course resetting zone you have to stun mobs again redo the checks on bots etc. So basically a complete do over without the crafting. If it doesn't work the second time you get to wait until zone can reset, rinse and repeat.
  2. chattie Well-Known Member

really!!! Lag? REALLY? Sure seems funny that the gears are the only place I'm lagging on this questline and I lag there everytime...get real!
    Juraiya and Argosunited like this.
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I blame the new pack mules...
    Juraiya, Kheldar and Rhodris like this.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

no sorry I meant from disease up to the end it was ok.

molten core would have been funnier without the FPS drop. but .. heh

I still find the rewards not satisfying at all. Runes you could get before from doing sig line and 3 factions (u would have had time to finish it anyway) and the pack pony and tome (some don't have the pony).

plus I don't like they force people to tradeskill when they don't like to. You want the BiS charm ? then craft (cannot commission the tome)
    and the point of tradeskillers is they have a plusvalue after doing the timeline, something to offer to people who don't want to do it.

something I don't like right now and that is happening --> merging of TS and adventure. But giving more TS rewards so tradeskill becoming a 2nd adventure TL.

you could do both but u also could do only 1 of them and not be punished. When I think I played up to TSO with only lvl 40 in TS. And it never bothered me, never limited me.
    the tome should be commissionable (maybe add TS stats only available if you finished TS timeline and Adv stats only if u finished the adv timeline)
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I don't like the cherries on sundaes, but I get your point. I only liked the lick and apply tattoos from the Crackerjacks but I still get your point.

After starting the TS line last night with hubby, I completed the first instance, it was borked for him. After 6 attempts, with one log out, and 5 zone resets, he still has not been able to complete the first instance as the quest now will not update, he gets all 6 codes, as soon as he enters the control room to input the codes, it resets and tells him he has to go get the codes. He was already teetering on the brink of not playing and this has pushed him off the edge, when he gave up last night, he continued to rant until he went to bed about 3 hours later. I finally got him to agree to try again today as perhaps they will throw in a fix, but if it is still borked, I doubt he will log in again.
    avashi and Kheldar like this.
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

it is not lag i had no trouble on test when teh result of collecting the code was 3 and 3 I get on live and all I get is f 4 an 2 and no clickable wheels

FIX DEVS or do the change suggested
    Lateana likes this.
  7. avashi Active Member

I'm just trying to get an armorer to complete the questline so I can craft some gear, jeez is that asking too much? I now have two armorers hung up at the infamous wheels that wont turn. This is turning into a mystery, but if I want mysteries I'll buy a book.:confused:
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

You don't need to do the sig line to level up. If all you want is to level up, you can grind rush orders.
  9. Zorash Member

My pony will grab 13 sometimes.

I would still rather send him out on his own instead of dragging him around the zone.
    Juraiya, NrthnStar5, Alenna and 2 others like this.
  10. Zorash Member

I have done the Sig Line once (on Tuesday). My wheels were 1 and 6 True and I had no problem.

Maybe the issue is the number (and placement) of the false responses?
  11. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I died more during the TS quest line on 1 character than I did on all 7 characters so far in the Adventure side doing the quest line.
    Cyrrena and Merriel like this.
  12. knine Well-Known Member

The tome should never have been introduced as a trade skill reward anyway. You had to earn the tome by reaching max ascension on all ascensions. Now you are forced to run a “fun” tradeskill line to replace it and ta da you can make it even better by using refined items. This new tome should be a reward for again maxxing ascensions, and please don’t tell me it’s way easy because your doing a tradeskill line to obtain it lol. The DEVS messed up when they made quests give exorbitant amounts of XP. Every decision they have made this expansion is because they wanted to do it. They wanted to force people to run quests and faction lines; how do we do that? We make earning xp only happen by running quests. We want people to see all our content, how do we do that? A sig Lin requires you to hit every zone. We made this XPAC alt friendly guys to help you out, but you still have to run the sig line and factions to be able to acccess stuff on alts lol. There hasn’t been one bright decision made this expansion. They wasted two weeeks trying to tweak a mob during beta from KA and end result is they didn’t touch it. Wasted time that could’ve been used to actually work; oh I don’t know the actual current content so those top tier guilds can roll through. This expansion has been made up of nothing but bad decisions and doing what they want because they aren’t held accountable. I hope domino is resding these forums and is laughing. Nothing we as customers can do about it but trudge forward ang to be honest since this is posted here and not on the official discord forums everything in these threads fall on deaf ears. I said in beta forums we were getting a nice big slap in the face and I was told no were weren’t and all would be good come time when the sig line gets put in. Well devs, we got that slap in the face. Thanks for confirming just how little you guys actually know about running a game, and instead just randomly throw stuff at it. Do I know how to run a game? Nope, but then again I don’t get paid for it.
  13. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

They want everyone in the adv grind because:

(1) they don't have a dedicated crafting dev (and likely couldn't get one even if they wanted one),
    (2) the game pop is terrible, so they want crafters grouping, and
    (3) that's where they have engineered the cash grabs anyway: grind + crap rng + a way to spend real money to escape this. t

I suspect that crafting as it's own game is now dead.
    Tkia, Juraiya, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you've got the pony, it's worth dragging it around now.. because it is (a tiny amount of) free mats. This ability is not worth doing the pony line FOR, though.
    Zorash and Rhodris like this.
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

So did I, lol. Seriously, if we have taken the time to level up our adventuring and ascension, why can we not 'defend' ourselves from these mobs? It's a solo zone, not a raid or heroic instance where you can take in a full group or raid full of people, therefore it should act like a solo or advanced solo zone minus the named boss mobs, for those who have taken time to level their adventuring/ascension skills.
    Juraiya, Rhodris and Cyrrena like this.
  16. semisus Does not play this game

how about reducing the time it takes to make these items after your done the ts sig line and you have to do the same combines in the daily quests? talk about boredom that you now have to do the same long combines again,
    Rhodris and Argosunited like this.
  17. Kristabella Well-Known Member

We were all promised that the reason for the long delay to the start of the TS timeline was to make this more fun, and make it worthwhile to do. Well, I have yet to see either. Long crafting and harvest times, a bunch of running around as usual, ducking and dodging, and more of an adventure feel than an actual tradeskill feel.

Why could we not get crafting and harvesting gear for our level as rewards, another crafting familiar potion, why do we need to drag our ponies around they can already harvest without being out, so why not let us summon them, then unsummon them, and be surprised by what they can bring back including some of the new rares? How about a once a day harvest instance with harvest nodes we fight, to see what harvests they drop in chests? Exquisite Chest - put inside Essence of Magic or Planar Recipe books or Fabled TS Familiars, Ornate Chest - Celestial Spellshard or Celestial Foundation or Regular TS Familiars, Treasure Chest - Regular harvest materials/some regular rares, Small Chest - Regular materials....

There should have been more thought to this TS timeline that was actually geared for TS'ers.
    Alenna, Juraiya, Rhodris and 7 others like this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We need a tradeskill focus group like Gninja has for the raiders. Unfortunately we have no dev for tradeskills so nobody to chair the focus group. Unless...

KAITHEEL FOR TRADESKILL/DECORATOR PERSON (in addition to events and holidays)
    Alenna, Kheldar, Juraiya and 3 others like this.
  19. Grouse Active Member

Sigh ... That is what I came to check. I figured I would take a break and run some harvest missions, only to find out the quest giver is missing. The first character I am running through the series is crafting level 107 but has only completed the first two parts.

I'll try to verify when she gets access, to add that information to the wiki. However, not much in-game time these days, so if someone else beats me to the punch, I wouldn't be upset.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

Which quest giver? I saw Hilgird there after the patch.