thoughts on eq2players

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Ragepoint, Apr 5, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Ragepoint Guest

the site is working perfect, if all you want to see is your level. thats just about all the site is good for really. It took around 2 weeks for levels to up date on the site. Everyones gear is updating as well, just not showing what its updating to. by the looks of it we might be having a bunch of level 1 toons hacking because they are wearing most the same pieces of armor i am wearing too, NOTHING.

I am totally in shock here how soo many things could be over looked and dumbed down in such a short time. progressivly over the past years the site has been getting less and less informitave and less content over all. WE WERN"T READY TO HAVE NOTHING WORK RIGHT ON IT. that should have been 3 or 4 "lets make it more friendly" revamps down the road.

How in the world could the Devs of the website just let a expansion roll out and not have been prepared at all? 2 weeks for a simple level update is nuts. armor just poofing as it gets upgraded. this is stupid, you knew the expansion was comming out for months. there was plenty of time to prepare for changes comming. The aa trees are still showing the old TSO trees, and they are not even showing the right things.

to sum things up people are pissed that it appears to be no prep work on the end of eq2players for the expansion. people being left in the dark with questions and no answers. shotty job at best trying to catch up with anything going on. if you are acctually trying to fix any of these issues say something, Let people know whats going on, hell make something up and lie just let people know you acctually see this stuff or pretend to care.

last part of my rant here is something i read about the "golden path" or some junk like that. its a more controlled story line or something to help people get leveled up quicker or easier. you allready lost the chance for that to be helpful in any way. i bet i can safely speak for most when i say this is useless. it would have been great to put something like this in at launch but its a waste of resorces now. maybe put that effort into marketing, no wait then people might join and get frustrated because theres no golden path. heres an idea STOP WITH TRYING TO PUT IN NEW BROKEN STUFF AND FIX WHAT SHOULDN"T HAVE BEEN REVAMPED!!!!

If you want to revamp something revamp some of the old zones and instances that no one goes it and and make them fun for big toons! At least when they get messed up and broken no one will miss them too much
  2. ARCHIVED-Taboo2 Guest

I must agree with Ragepoint on this, the site has become cumbersome and a pain to navigate, outdated and in reality irrelevent to most people. If it is to become a usable tool get rid of the fluff to a seperate site and give us the stats and detals we need to improve our game play and keep the site updated to the game.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kenrod Guest

At least it's free. I figure they decided they don't have to listen to us complain as hard about something that's a "complimentary" service.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dunce123 Guest

what they should do is open up the database for the site to 3rd partys and others make a site. ZAM had a good linking going with items but that is also not working since the expac. Opent he database filed and let others do it. Hell maybe somone could write a app for it for Iphone and Droids.
  5. ARCHIVED-Roachonine Guest

when they merged Venekor into Nagafen, they said us players from Venekor would keep our disco's...
    which we didnt. so aside from that, and the site not getting updated often enough. I have no problems. .
  6. ARCHIVED-Roachonine Guest

Oh, and the fact that my Guild name STILL has an X after it, even tho we had it changed to Pandemonium. . . .
    changed back to Pandemoniumx eveytime the server goes down.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ragepoint Guest

Going on 2 months tomorrow sence SF released. yet still nothing. last time a 1 of the 3 devs were over here was on 4/1. was just an april fools joke saying they care and problems are being worked on.
  8. ARCHIVED-EQPrime Guest

Durzin@Crushbone wrote:
    Actually that's not really true. I paid for the extra add ons in my 6 month subscription starting in December 2009 so I'm still paid up for the advanced features, including "EverQuest II: Station Players Dynamic Item Database". It has been over 2 months since release and it's pathetic that the site still doesn't have the SF items in its database.
  9. ARCHIVED-CheezeBurgerAnimal Guest

10. ARCHIVED-Cinyth Guest

Uguv@Mistmoore wrote:
    You should have gotten reimbursed for anything you had paid up - I got a credit on my account that I had the extra features attached to when these went free.
  11. ARCHIVED-EQPrime Guest

Cynith@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Ah nice, I will check on that.