Those heal/ward bots shouldn't be tolerated

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Sunlei, Mar 13, 2022.

1. Sunlei Well-Known Member

This servers a lot of fun, it's not easy to survive- EQ2 pvp is the name of the game. All is fair in war except IMO those few people who in open world groups have a bot auto run wards/heals/cures/mana So lame a couple people with guild tags and then 1 or 2 (always NOT guild tagged)support bots.

Can't this game flag those bot accounts and shut them down?

Happy Sunday!!
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Make note of the people who you believe are using automated game play. Get their names. Try sending the suspected bot toon /tells. Note what happens. Use FRAPS or Twitch etc. to video the activity.

Then use /report in-game. This is not your final step. After you /report, you have to /petition.

In the petition, you need to explain, step-by-step, why you believe the toon's play is automated. Include text from your log files is there was any conversation with these toons (your /report is used here to find the exact interactions server-side). We aren't allowed to "blacklist" or "name names" here in the forums, but you can and should be very specific in the petition. Attach any screenshots and links to any recorded video.

A vague complaint here can't have any real effect. Specific, well-supported petitions are your way to go.
    Sunlei likes this.
  3. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Thanks, I know how to make a petition and report. I'm not going to play server police over this. I disagree with you- I think a vague complaint here can have real effect in game. They'll read this and take their bots back to hide in instances. I still think the developers can flag these bots and give them a time out. Doesn't have to be afull ban.
    Chienne-Guk likes this.
  4. Duffy Active Member

This use /tell is so obnoxious. "Note what happens"... If I would get a tell from some weird stranger trying to fathom if I am a bot or not - I would simply not respond and just go my merry way. I think people playing bot police are intolerable I just can't find the energy to assure them of "no, I am not a bot, Karen", even if they might feel justified because of my lack of response.
  5. Sunlei Well-Known Member

still hate these bots tolerated ingame by darkpaw.... time outs for bot users...bots are taking our jobbbsss!!!
    Siren likes this.
  6. Kumodopvp New Member

So your saying you were killed by a bot or out healed by a bot and died? LOL!!!!!!!!! hell no bring them back those are paid subscriptions and i need updates for pvp writs.
    psst..you can always choose to not engage or run away if you feel like you are being tricked into pvp on a pvp server.
  7. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Actually no I didn't say that Kumodopvp. However, it is over 3 months later and the devs have done a decent job to ban bot accounts. Got rid of them fast as well on Varsoon. They went a bit overboard and mass banned accounts but reviewed and reopened quickly :)

And in case you still think the paid subscriptions of bots are more important to devs then cheaters, here is a 7/1/2022 posting with 3 links to give you full clarity. https://discord.com/channels/618902729925984279/776719149275414558/992527916770533496