This "old" Warden needs help with Rez info please

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Trilly, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Trilly Active Member

Hi everyone! Ok, actually drug my Warden out and was going thru all her AAs from blank screens to reset them and then hotbar them...We have soooo many Rez spells/abilities I have confused myself on which to do first, when. If I am in a group or raid...need the "in action" ones...but some come with rez effects and not much health. Some are full health, some are reactionary "oh S***t he's almost dead! spells. I looked, I swear I did, for good concise info, or the bestest Warden currently so could ck set up in EQ2u...but...Help! Any ideas? Any names? Appreciate it! (oh! she is 120 with ROS trade sig done but not completed Adv part yet cause was redoing spells etc..her potency was so low..anyway..appreciate help)
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I'm not the best warden you'll ever find, but here's some advice or observations on your toon:
    1. Clear all your hot bars of everything and start fresh. That way, you'll know where you're putting things and where they are.
    2. I have a tendency to put things in similar "groupings' on all my hot bars for various toons, i.e. row 1 (very bottom) has melee autoattack, temp buffs, debuffs, etc. Row 2 is temp group buffs, ranged autoattack, ranged spells, AOES. Hot bar 3 is single heals and cures, etc. Hot bar 5 would be group heals and det cures rezzes. Any rate, you get the idea. I'm an elementalist, so I have a whole line of some elementalist spells. I tend to put the ascension AOEs with my warden AOEs. Your group evac can come in handy, so have that in a place handy. All "maintained" group/raid/single me buffs are on hot bar 9 for example. The bulk of what I use all the time are in 1-5 hot bars. You'll find other things like tinkered adornments, power pots, etc useful, so save space. You'll figure out that for yourself. If you're having to look for something that you use frequently, it ain't in the right location if you need more than 5 secs to find it.
    3. The warden has a LOT of heals and cures. I used to keep them all, but I've found over time that I never used some solo player heals or det cures, so I took them off the hot bar. You'll figure out which ones you use and likely do the same. You won't have that issue as much with group heals/cures. There are several I don't use often, but I keep them as emergency backup.
    4. You will find you're using your heals/det cures and cure curse FREQUENTLY--especially in this xpac, so stick 'em some place close where you can pay attention to them. Add also your group death prevent and solo death prevents to the appropriate solo heal/group heal locations.
    5. Everyone has a different methodology for organizing and you know yourself better than anyone else, so group stuff based on how you play your toon, the kind of activities you'll be doing and what works for you. My system works for me, but the fundamental principle is "like functions get placed on the same bar."
    6. Also, if you think you will be grouping or raiding, make sure you macro your group detriment cures with a cancel spell cast/cancel queued abilities macro. The last thing you want is dets showing up and you're in some long-*** casting spell.

As far as wardens go, I can't tell you who the "bestest" is. There's some long time players out there and some very good wardens. If you need names, send me a PM. Others may post here and give you some names to look at.
  3. Trilly Active Member

Thank you for your thoughtful, helpful post! Can you tell me - WHICH rezzes do you actually USE?? Do most people have their illusions OFF so if I cast the one where they turn into a wolf when rezzed..is that appropriate? And too many have rez effects...use those as well? I cannot believe how much I have forgotten of these things and when it was just our little guild groups, we could laugh it off and continue...but our little guild is extremely LITTLE now and not grouping for heroics and certainly not enough for any raiding. Many thanks!