This must be a bug...I hope it's a bug... :(

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Went into Public Test server tonight to get some Loyalty things accomplished before midnight; did so in the nick of time, went to get my Member 500 SC monthly reward. Imagine my surprise when after collecting it, I was told that I should become a real life, honest-to-goodness Member, or add some more time, in order to not miss another monthly reward, or something to that effect.

Er?

Not only has that particular toon been around since Aug. 2008, but I did that "lifetime membership thing for $299" back when it was available, so what gives? >:-/

I'm now going to see if I can actually purchase some Member-only Loyalty Merchant stuff; brb...

(I will say, Fast Travel is working just dandy for me still, and I don't have that ability on my Bronze or Silver toons.)

Hmm. No problems whatsoever in getting my Loyalty Merchant (Realtor) stuff, but then again, there didn't seem to be any "Members Only" labels on them any more.

Weird. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

There have sometimes been some hiccups with the lifetime membership and your dbc claim. At least you got your claim *before* it had amnesia. :D For the other random few that have had this issue (including me on one account), the solution is to wait a couple days and the temporary amnesia goes away and you can claim again. It seems to allow you all the other membership benefits, only flakes out with the claim and the message in the bottom right of the marketplace window, but it was worrisome the first time it happened to me.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

Knock on wood, I haven't had that happen to me yet. But yea I'd be a bit feaked out too
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, I haven't tried it again yet; was thinking about not worrying about it until next month, but maybe I should... ;->

Ah. And I quote:

Become a Member [on the usual Claim button, under the Redeem 500 DB]
    Add time so you don't miss your
    next 500 DBC reward!

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Give it a couple days. If it doesn't clear up, then put in a petition. But everyone who has reported the issue has had it clear in a couple days and suffered no ill-effects in the interim.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

If it is any consolation, my main account is once AGAIN not going to give me my All Access claim on time and has the "Become a Member" garbage ... again.
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

:mad: :confused::eek:o_O
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I had it happen to me too once, on my main account (and I have a reoccurring subscription on it). I had the "become a member" note just after claiming my all access cash. Next day it was telling me I was a member again. This was several months ago and it didn't happen again. Probably dome random hiccup. Give it a day and it should be fine.
  9. Carynn Well-Known Member

On Aug 2nd, lifetime account, I claimed my 500dbc and it now says Become a Member. Today is August 7th. It still says it.

On my second account, non lifetime account, on Aug 2nd, I claimed my 500 DBC, the popup window I closed without choosing anything told me "We're sorry, we encountered an error" and didn't give me my 500 DBC. I read on discord this happened to someone else as well. The window does read the next date of grant and click here.

I do not have a test account (yet), but since this thread is here, I thought I'd add my post. Don't know if the devs even read this since it's not marked as a bug in the title of the thread.
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Interesting. I claimed without problems my 500 DBC 2 days ago, second account should be up in 2 days. (main one, which encountered the problem a couple months ago as said above, is on 3 months reoccuring)
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I still can't claim my montly dbc, so it is petition time again. :O
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oy... Yep, you win the "Really Bloody Annoying Bug Challenge [of one's patience]"... :-/

Hugs and good luck! :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good heavens, how many times do I have to say "bug" in the title? ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Carynn Well-Known Member

Lol. I meant [Bug] - sorry, I read it and it seemed like a conversational piece not an official report.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! True, that, largely 'cause I wasn't sure it was a bug or not... ;->

I'm a little mollified that others have had that issue, yet discouraged that it keeps cropping up for folks. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Tkia Well-Known Member

Probably time to add it to the bug forum and get it voted up since there seems to be a lot of this type of thing happening currently. Time for them to work the overriding problem to remove all these symptoms.