This is why DBG is turning into a money scam company.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Frogert, Jul 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frogert New Member

Whatever you do don't buy the /allaccess Familar Cages. They purposely make it hard to see what is in the Familiar cage thru there quirky pop up. Assuming it would be new familiar I bought the 2 pack. To my surprise the pack in a smattering of old season Familiar along with some current season 7. To my Luck I pulled a Celestial Familiar. Excited I look and it was a Season 5.
    Sorry and I don't care who comes to there defense because your WRONG. But there isn't any reason to Pay $5 for Old Season Familiar. And don't give me crap about Appearance because 80% of the people i know hide there damn familiar. If all DBG is looking to do is give appearance than they should just sell Old Appearance familiar if that is the case because there isn't a reason to have them up since there stats are 10% of current level.
    All there other cages are broken into season, why the Monthly one the only Different? Don't be a slime ball company. Is this what happen when your in it 100% for Profit and no longer to make a good game?

EQ2 is right on the verge of becoming nothing but a P2W game. And They should be shamed for this type of money scam.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah thats unfortunate
    anyway i would buy the 10 singing steel crates with the 500 stipend anyway
    Raff, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  3. TebTengri New Member

Switch to 720p when I really need to see something up close and important since the game's scaling is awful.
  4. Avithax Well-Known Member

The execs at Darkpaw built suggestion boxes for improvements however when they held them up to their ears they heard nothing.....

[IMG]
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

purchased familiar boxes from marketplace should not give old familiars
    they could instead sell old familiars for loyalty points or small amounts of dbc or something for appearance etc
  6. Treggar Active Member

You see an old familiar, I see 150k familiar xp to level my new one with!
    Bludd likes this.
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

They didn't purchase them, they accepted a familiar pack for their monthly reward. Technically, they paid nothing for it.
    Raff and Breanna like this.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

ehh its still technically purchasing. you have x amount of time to take that "deal" which is a discounted purchase

if you dont take the deal you have 500 dbc with which to do whatever else you want with
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

thats the only use
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Escape Goat Member

I doubt the investment company that bought a 20 year old game did so to make it better. They saw something they could monetize more than it already had been. If they can mix some cash shop mystery boxes in with genuine enhancements to the game play, I'm sure the developers take the opportunity but if its one or the other, I have a cynical idea which it will be.
  11. Redlight Well-Known Member

If you think familiar cages are the big bad p2w aspect you have just opened your eyes, a little.
    The first true signs of p2w were the 500 potency temps that you could get with the gifty bags.
    After that they introduced ascensions and bonus infusers. A pack of 5 bonus infusers would cost 25 usd. You could apply 2 per item and they cannot be removed. Levelling an ascensions to adept/expert was doable. However, up to grandmaster was p2w only. From expert to grandmaster, this would cost about 50 usd per ability. Given that there were like 12 ascensions abilities at the beginning, that would mean 600 usd for each ascension class on each character, to be relevant in heroic/raids.

Every xpac after kunark ascending, things only became way worse. More ascension abilities, lower drop rates of them and now even a full new tier of profession abilities; that also do not drop!

For the people who are going to say "what are you talking about? they do drop!"; good luck getting an ability to ancient without dumping a lot of dollars in to it.
    Kheldar, The-Plethora and Jrox like this.
  12. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Alright, this thread is locked before it spins out of control. Lots of threads like this have been left open because they aren't directly attacking other people or the dev team. Let's try to keep that in mind for the future.

There are ways to address your frustration with something without attacking or accusing.
    Breanna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.