This is too funny

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Prelisa, Oct 10, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Calthine wrote:
    *snap* Now I knew where I blew it... *kicks at the dirt*

As for the 50% exp.. Boss called and asked if I wanted to come in and work. This is a brand new job mind you. I replied "Sorry.. its 50% exp today". To which she says "Oh.. but you'll get 100% more experience if you work today".

I couldn't help myself and said "But, I can't make Palladium Bangles with imbues there".

There was some awkward silence and then a "Ok... I'll see you tomorrow, Chris" XD
  2. ARCHIVED-Shaesta Guest

So I'm taking my 2-year-old son (who BARELY says anything you can understand) to my Mother's house before work today, and we get stuck in traffic because there's an accident off to the side of the road and everyone is rubber-necking. So I'm starting to get pissed because I'm running late and I say, "Zander I really wish these idiots would just pay attention and drive", and without missing a beat he says, "Yea, Da-da... freakin' (screams) NOOBS!!"
    I laughed so hard I almost wet myself...
    Also on Halloween, I had to work and didn't get home until after he was done Trick-or-Treating, so when I got home and asked him what he got, he grabs his candy bucket and runs up to me and says, "Look Daddy - Loots!"
    Am I a bad Father????
  3. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

Shaesta wrote:
    For that? no ...
    When your son's pre-school sends the cops to your office to inform you, that your son has been sneaking up on the kids on the playground and stunning and trying to "BS" them with 2 pairs of saftey scissors to earn faction tokens .. then .. you might be a bad father ..
  4. ARCHIVED-Zabom Guest

Kaisha@Permafrost wrote:
    And be carefull that he doesn't start "showing the teacher how he feels about it"
  5. ARCHIVED-Smirkey_of_Nektulos Guest

My dream I just woke up from half an hour ago was one of the strangest and most vivid I've had in weeks. I had to share it. Basically, it involved hitting a jackpot in provvy bushes and Albertson's fried chicken for my wife and I.

Okay, now to explain - I live in Las Vegas where there are slot machines (almost always video draw poker) in nearly every supermarket and convenience store. You can play for either nickels or quarters mostly, and if you play quarters then the jackpot for loading a machine with 5 quarters will be either $1,000 or maybe a little more if the jackpot is on a progressive meter so that it increases as people play without hitting it. Of course, you are also paid far lesser amounts for other winning hands, which are usually down to a pair of jacks or higher for your bet returned to you. As for Albertson's, it is a national supermarket chain and during the day you can buy fried chicken at the deli of reasonable quality at a good price.

In this dream I was coming home from somewhere one evening on my bicycle and at one point decided to stop in a 7-11 for a drink. On the way out I put a $10 bill in a quarter machine to try my luck. I played for a bit and then got dealt 4 cards to the royal flush in hearts. I discarded the losing card, drew, and got another losing card. Boo! A few hands later, I was dealt the royal flush at odds not as steep as hitting the Gigglegibber Lotto, but still about 640,000 to 1. Now the crazy part is that when the cards were shown on the screen the machine didn't "lock up" and go into jackpot mode like they normally do (after all, you can't be dealt a better hand so there's no point in discarding and drawing). I had to stare at the cards for a minute, trying to figure out if I had clubs, spades, or a mix of the two. Turns out that instead, I was dealt the 10, J, Q, K and A of provvy bushes for a progressive jackpot of around $1,050. Yay me!

I collected the money and then began the second part of the dream, which was getting a fried chicken dinner from Albertson's for my wife and I before the deli section closed for the night. And yes, in the dream I was thinking about completing this new "quest" to improve my wife faction.

I woke up as I was locking the bike up to the rack outside of the front of the store.

Thanks for reading! Time to go harvest some more T6 roots!
  6. ARCHIVED-Katsi Guest

The first time I did something like this, (that I'm aware of), I was on my way home from work. I had just left the building, and was on the opposite side of the street from a couple who were having an argument loud enough to be heard clearly three blocks away. My reaction? I grumbled "Take it to tells, please, people!" I didn't realize what I had said until I was almost home.

My building is open to the public, and has motion sensitive doors, so when it's windy, all sorts of stuff gets blown in. One fall day, as I was leaving, I walked out the elevator onto the ground floor and saw a skinny brown leaf on the floor! OMG! I grabbed it up and brought it home, and was a bit confused at my hubby and son when they started laughing at me... But it WAS an Antonican Ficus Leaf, I SWEAR!

And, yes, I do tend to refer to people's ages as their levels too.

- Katsi
  7. ARCHIVED-Birkenstocky Guest

Okay I am laughing thinking about this .. but one time in the heat of passion ... at the right time I said "DING!"
    Thank god it was a gamer lol.
  8. ARCHIVED-K'hara Guest

I was driving along a busy area that floods frequently so they did work and installed alot of drainage...ergo lots of manhole covers and i kept thinking "that's an odd place for the downbelow" ><

Also my hubby and i ...who also plays...will be watching movies and classify each character...like "Definitely a zerker...no no..that's DEF a swashy..."

Methinks a tad too much EQ2 hehe
  9. ARCHIVED-K'hara Guest

I couldn't resist...with 10 pages this might already be on here..but it's worth repeating...omg i'm SUCH an everCRACKHEAD lol
    25 Signs That You may Be Playing Too Much EverQuest II

1) After being mugged in a dark alley you write a nasty letter to your city's Mayor demanding that muggers be nerfed because there is no way that four low level thugs should be able to take a level 70 Shadow Knight.

2) You've accidentally greeted a friend more than ONCE with "Hail.."

3) You have sat around with your friends and assigned class and level to real world figures. "I could beat the Pope." "No way dude, the Pope is EASILY a level 70 three up Heroic Templar!"

4) When looking for the arcade in the mall, you've actually (for a split-second) "seen" a waypoint trail.

5) Your boss demands that you redo the marketing strategy guide for the next quarter because your suggestion of "Using the mailroom clerks to Zerg them" has been rejected.

6) While going through a messy divorce, you laugh at your spouse getting "half" because the lawyer foolishly forgot to include plat and in-game items.

7) It takes you two hours to get ready to go to work, but when raiding you can use the bathroom, prepare a meal, pour yourself a glass of soda, set the DVR to record your favorite movies and take out the garbage all within about seventeen seconds.

8 ) You haven't used your hands to pick up a dropped pen in over two years, and your "Monkey Toes" are so over developed that your shoes no longer fit properly.

9) You had to turn down a date with the that hot chick from marketing because your guild was raiding new content that night and you need the DKP.

10) You actually put down on your resume that you had a "Server Wide First" and then go into detail about the event.

11) You once (even in your head or to yourself) converted the change in your pocket to in game currency. (Quarter = Plat, Dime = Gold, Nickel = Silver, Penny = Copper)

12) Your E-Harmony profile states in large bold letters "NO WORLD OF WARCRAFT PLAYERS!"

13) While driving to work you come up with and design in your head an "Auto-follow" feature to work with your "Cruise Control".

14) Red Bull not only gives you wings, but they send you cards on your Birthday and Christmas.

15) You still think that your spouse was being unfair, and that "Lucan" is a good STRONG name for a boy.

16) After sex you snuggle up to your partner and ask in a playful voice..."So, did you Ding?"

17) You don't worry about getting STD's or other diseases because all your "cures" are at master one.

18 ) You're convinced that your co-worker's bad breath is a frontal AoE and have tried to get others to "turn him" during meetings.

19) You've been involved in serious debates on whether or not you can legally "backstab" with a fountain pen.

20) You've reported to your spouse that your lawn is "bugged" because you have repeatedly harvested every rock, shrub, and root - but have yet to get a rare.

21) You can't remember the exact date of your 6 year old's birthday, but upon looking at the screen your child can tell you the level, class, race, name, and "history" of the character you are playing.

22) You spend hours trying to find your name on novelty mugs and key chains only to realize that you were looking up your character.

23) You refer to your near death experience as the time you went "link dead".

24) Your wrist watch alarm is set to go off the moment a "lock out timer" expires in game.

25) You just counted up how many things you've done on this list and are now paranoid that others will think you are an addict.
  10. ARCHIVED-Devilsbane Guest

K'hara wrote:
    26. You make a post to correct another player's 'Play too much...' post.
  11. ARCHIVED-Alycs Guest

Katsi wrote:
    As she's my sister RL, yes...she does this. And it's HER fault I play this addictive game...she bought me a new computer so I could try the Trial of the Isle KNOWING I'd get addicted. lol Yup...I did.
    And yes, she's said take it to tells before. *snortsnickers*

Now, here's bad...take in 20(mumblesomething) of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Table Top role playing games - the majority being D&D in various incarnations as well as LoTRO and EQ2....saying Aye was a common thing for me long before EQ1 came out! Same with dearth, plethora, coin, gold, add in baraks - $1 worth of copper, and SCA coin - and many others. It takes all I can do NOT to say Mae Govannen or anything else Tolkien related whilst logged into Dejenchri!
    And now, I've got like a dozen aquantances/friends trying to get me to play WoW with them.