This is too funny

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Prelisa, Oct 10, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Prrasha Guest

Snowdonia@Runnyeye wrote:
    Just today, I drove in to work behind a truck belonging to some landscaping firm. PWN 313.

I LOL'ed. Who "owns" at landscaping?
  2. ARCHIVED-JackCrichton Guest

Prrasha wrote:
    Lancelot "Capability" Brown
    http://www.capability-brown.org.uk/
  3. ARCHIVED-janmystique Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Oh! I thought everyone did that!
  4. ARCHIVED-LadyNigh Guest

Thank you for the laughs :) I thought I might be a bit loooney and now I don't feel so crazy.
    My story is, I saw a sale on boots at the local mall and when I went in and started going over the tags my son says...Mom, what are you doing? and I replied....Trying to find the stats. He laughed and said gee mom, I thought I was bad wondering if those gloves had a proc.... and later that week, my husband and I were out to dinner and he asked the waitress if the food was Strength or agility, sighs....we play to much lol
    And yes, Calthine...I too have been driving along and found myself trying to find my compass :( hehehe
  5. ARCHIVED-Golu Guest

I was wrestling with my 2 youngest sisters the other day (4 and 5, I'm 17) and my friend ( a WoW player, Blegh) walked out into his yard and looked at me and i screamed "STUN LOCK" inadvertently :|
  6. ARCHIVED-Atmu Guest

Well, thanks to all for the good laughs and I am guilty as well. The /r using on AIM or MSN is one thing but I am a fanatic house decorator and found myself lately standing in front of a small carpet in a supermarket thinking how this might look in my friends house I am decorating at the moment. Greetings =)
  7. ARCHIVED-valkry Guest

The day before my son was born, my husband reallized how bad my addiciton was. He had been out that day getting in what would probably be his last golf game for a while.
    He walked in & asked how I was doing. I said, in this order, "I advance quite a bit in crafting, oh! and I'm about 20 mins apart right now." He couldn't believe that I spent hours in early labor playing EQ, and the look he gave when I explained..."But I wasn't grouping, just crafting, so if I had to stop for a contraction, no one would get killed."
  8. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

OMG. I did almost the same thing when my eldest was born, back in my EQ1 days. Poor kid, he was colicky, and I discovered that the EQ1 load theme would soothe him....
  9. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

valkry wrote:
    Very recently one of our guildmates and his wife were having a baby. After the raid, the guildy mentioned, while getting into a group with some of us, that his wife was having contractions. We all kind of boggled a bit but he was so non-plussed (even with it being, I think, their first) because she was still only 30 mins apart. We went down to Kaladim and waited around a bit for the ring event (that didn't happen) before one of the others had to head off for work. The guildmate and his wife had the baby that night *laugh*. (And she's back in game, too, now, rejoicing over getting her character transfered from another server finally)
  10. ARCHIVED-Sheylin Guest

This was an extremely awesome post. Made me choke on coffee several times and have my coworkers giving me funny looks as their normally very shy, very quiet coworker is cackling like a fiend.
    I'm guilty of a lot of these.
    My fingers' natural resting state is WASD.
    Headlights at night out of the corner of my eye or reflections in puddles always spark a momentary, "oh shiny!"
    I have specifically rescheduled social events around raids. I've also ignored calls during raids.

The worst was when in the grocery store and I saw a tub of Clorox wet towels with the words "20% more wipes!" across the front and the first thing I thought was, "well that can't be good."
  11. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Reyvin@Everfrost wrote:

O. M. G.

/falls off her chair laughing
  12. ARCHIVED-Prelisa Guest

Reyvin@Everfrost wrote:
    I wonder if Alemos can get that as his motto....*wanders off to post this on the Blackhawks forums*
    For those who don't know, that's our guild's main healer...and his sig on our forums is "last man standing". ROFLMAO
  13. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Reyvin@Everfrost wrote:
    *giggle*

Yeah, you've been raiding too much *nod*.
  14. ARCHIVED-Zabom Guest

This just happened this morning and I had to take my lunch break to post it. I work at a Radio Shack. A customer came in and was looking at a laptop that we had just put out on display. There was no price tag on it yet so he asked me what it cost. I immediately answered "700 plat". Without missing a beat, the customer answered "I can get it cheaper on the broker." We both paused in the conversation for a second because we knew there was something odd there but had to figure out what. The silence was broken when he said "LoL".
  15. ARCHIVED-pantswearer Guest

The other day, I was off and my wife was at work. It was getting close to the time that I had to logout and go pick her up, and I was trying to decide, "what can I do that will only take about 15- 20 minutes?". Then the message in my chat window helped me to decide: "You are thirsty and have not selected anything to drink".
    So, I decided to leave a bit early and go to Starbucks. Since I'd be going to the downtown location I just grabbed a few bucks, I didn't want to take ALL my coin along, just in case I got zerg'd along the way. There's a drive-thru Starbucks a bit closer that I could have gone to instead, but I hate trying to click on the broker when there's a bunch of people still on their mounts in the way.
    Once I had my white mocha laden coffee, which I swear gives +power regen and +AGI, I started to drive to my wife's workplace. Rush hour traffic was beginning, and when some n00B cut me off, I gave him the finger and immediately thought to myself, "that ought to get me a skill-up in aggression".
    I did manage to arrive a bit early, and so as I was pulling toward an empty parking space I actually said out loud, "this looks like a good place to camp her spawn".
    (Please don't tell my wife that I called her a "spawn"!)
  16. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Got another one..

I've been shopping for a new car.. well.. newer car *chuckles* Figured I'd better think about vanity plates and was searching the availability of the following:

VenPvP
    Harvstr
    Ratonga
    LuvRat
    Twink22
    LvlLckd
    eq2pvp

17. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

Last night I had the wierdest dream...It was a combo of my old high-school and the newbie isle...lol

I was eating at a table, then one of my friends came by and told me I'd be late for class, so we got up and walked towards the class, but then when we got out the door suddenly we were on the beach on the newbie isle...and I was a ratonga... o_O

And the other day, my wife asked me if the toilet was broken...

Her: "Honey, why is the toilet broken?"
    Me: "Maybe a warlock nuked it."
    Her: *takes computer powercord*
    :p

Can't play for a few weeks...stuck runnin around the forums on my work laptop :)
  18. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

People just don't understand us ...
    So, last night me & the hubby went out to with some friends, let me clarify that, a Gamer Friend and his NON Gamer Girlfriend.
    After dinner Me, My hubby & our Gamer friend were standing outside the resturant waiting for her to get out of the restroom and we natually started talking about plans for tomorrow (today/sunday) ...
    Our Gamer Friend wanted us to come back up for a party for a friend of his GF's, we said our regrets but Sunday was double exp day and we were hoping to ding a few levels on our crafters. He accepted this with a nod of understanding and expressed his feeling of remorse that his game (VG) hasn't had double exp days for awhile ..
    In the middle of this his GF comes up and my friend tells her that we can't come to the party, on Sunday, because they have double exp day, the regret evident in his voice .. the confusion evident on her face. There the 3 of us stood in close proximity of being close friends for a long time all with the same expression of trying not to laugh at her expression and there she stood, slightly away from us teetering in indecision as to come closer .. with the confused look of someone trying to figure out where the punchline is to the bad joke ..
    LOL .. even after We explained it was a for a game .. she still didn't understand. She thinks video games are a waste of time ..
    The hubby & I have a private bet as to how long this relationship will last. My friend is a confirmed multiple boxer. He doens't craft but he does raid and exp. He HAS to have 3 accts up or he gets bored. 3 boxing VG .. right there that says "Crazy Gamer for Life" ...
  19. ARCHIVED-greenmantle Guest

Shotneedle wrote:
    Hint always buy kitchen appliances that take standard ie computer compatible power cords ;)
  20. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Kaisha@Permafrost wrote:
    OMg, doesn't every Gamer know that if you want a long-term relationship with someone it required a cable modem, router, and their own machine? Get them hooked *before* you get serious! (Hubby got me hooked on EQ1 before he proposed.)