This is too funny

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Prelisa, Oct 10, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Prelisa Guest

So, hubby and I went out to dinner tonight. Driving home, we pass an area full of vegetation. Suddenly, he blurts out "roots!" to which I cracked up laughing. It was only then that he realized what he had done; he said he was about to tell me to pull the car over so he could go harvest them.
    Methinks we might have a wee bit too much crafting/harvesting on our brains...just thought I'd share a giggle with everyone.
  2. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

I almost pulled over 'cause I thought I saw a shiny the other day.
  3. ARCHIVED-AratornCalahn Guest

And people think children need to be shielded from computer games...

lol
  4. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

A couple of weeks ago .. we had to meet some friends at a resturant we hadn't been to before ..
    We were following their directions, my hubby was driving and he keep doing this "thing" with his finger on the steering wheel ..
    I asked him what was wrong .. he said .. "nothing, I was trying to bring up the Map" ..
    ---
    One time after a SERIOUS harvesting session (lasting several days) we had to go into town.
    We have to pass by several "in-development" housing communities.
    One of them was doing Landscaping. There was a BIG Pile of BIG WHITE decorative rocks. We both looked at each other and said .. "ORE!"
    ---
    It's not just a game. It's an obsession. :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Wandering_Free Guest

A couple of weeks ago we got new xmas stock i and the guy who i work with opened a few boxes to see what they looked like. One was covered in gold foil and when he showed it to me i went "ohh, shinie we should collect it"
  6. ARCHIVED-LaurnaRose Fauldorn Guest

For forth of july a few years back we went to the boat dock downtown to watch fireworks. This was during our short ciesta from EQ2 while hubby was inbetween jobs and we'd been playing America's Army (free to play FPS). My husband kept looking around at the top of the bulidings and I asked him, "what are you doing?" ... to which he replied, "Searching for snipers." /doh
  7. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

I remember when I had only been playing for about 3 or 4 months, seeing a sign in a grocery store advertising their "Artisan bread".
    My first thought:
    "Artisan bread..can't be THAT good..at best the baker is level 9!". :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Troubor wrote:
    You just made coffee come out my nose!

I frequently glance to the windshield border above my rear-view mirror, 'cause that's where my compass is in game...

We went out to my dad's cabin in the boonies of Alaska and he'd been splitting firewood, there were logs and stove-lengths everywhere. My hands wouldn't stop twitching. Kiddo saw a fish in the river and I SWEAR he made-believe pulling a fishing pole off his back like we do in game and casting.
  9. ARCHIVED-Miss_Jackie Guest

I usually have dreams about redecorating my house or fighting some baddie. ;)
  10. ARCHIVED-NiamiDenMother Guest

We had a handyman here a couple weeks ago to work on an issue with a split irrigation hose. He looked as the VERY loud, and very active hummingbirds around the nearby feeders, and I blurted "Don't wory, they're not aggro." He didn't bat an eye - he and his lady play DAoC and a couple of their friends are EQ2'ers, so it made perfect sense to him! {innocent whistle}
  11. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

If I look at screen shots I've taken or that are being displayed on a website of EQII, I end up trying to pan around or zoom in with my mouse. Or I'll hit M trying to open the map to see where I am/what area it is.
  12. ARCHIVED-Cheydak Guest

Driving home the other day I got stuck at a particularly long traffic light. While waiting for it to change, I idly studied the landscaping of the house next to me and realized....the homeowners completely decorated their front porch with desert poppies....in Gukta baskets! And that's when I realized I probably spend too much time crafting.
  13. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

i've tried to buy a ticket to thundering steppes once for the bus.... (i have an excuse though.. it was 06.05 am)
  14. ARCHIVED-novok Guest

You crafters are completely nuts... ohh shiny, brb.
  15. ARCHIVED-LaurnaRose Fauldorn Guest

Killerbee3000 wrote:
    "May I help you?"
    "Yes, I need one ticket to TS please"
    "WHAT?"
    "I mean Houston, yeah, Houston ... "
    I could so see myself doing something like that LOL. I have to say though my best gaming experience was when I was trying for the Jboots in Feerrott and my sister-in-law called, I got distracted and ran through a bunch of aggro and started yelling at her, "OMG ... get off the freaking phone!!! You're killing me!!!" Needless to say she didnt call back for a while LOL (so not into the gaming ... I just dont know whats wrong with them).
    I was on my way home from the store one day. The sun was shining off a pop can in the middle of the road up ahead and it wasnt until I was right next to it that I realized I couldnt "collect my glowy". /doh
  16. ARCHIVED-Tikku Lilledrum Guest

I frequently get AA xp from visiting foreign countries I have never been to before.

And I see shinies everywhere....who doesn't?
  17. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

I had an experience similar to this, back when I was very obsessed with playing "Thief," a game that involved a lot of skulking around in the shadows. One day I was walking alone through a parking structure. There were no other people in sight, when a door suddenly opened and a man walked into the garage. I actually jumped between two cars and ducked before I realized what I was doing. As the man walked past me, I pretended that I was checking something under the car (although it wasn't even my car .)
  18. ARCHIVED-EQTTEQ Guest

When I look at those large maps (you know, posted with the You are Here star) i find my self touching my destination, and wondering why there is no glowing trail leading me
  19. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

EQTTEQ wrote:
    OMG, I actually did that in the Seattle Airport on the way to Fan Faire!!!
  20. ARCHIVED-Milamber_le_mage Guest

lol hope people who played on a pvp server don't feel that way