This is not a poll It is a request about harvest levels .

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Faeonara, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yea and I was just sifting through alts again and sending out pack ponies. I don't send them all after the same tier. So when I got to one I opened her bags to find out what tier I was having her collect and then abruptly remember IT ISN'T THERE ANYMORE! So had to try to remember what tier the stuff in her bags were. What a pain in the butt this is not having them there.
  2. Kalika Well-Known Member

3. Tkia Well-Known Member

I cannot believe that ANY reason they could possibly come up with would justify breaking working content in the earllier game simply to cover up the errors and shortcomings of the more recent game content. Classic case of punishing your customers for your own mistakes I think.
  4. Myxx <Into Harms Way> Maj'Dul

I might be the only person in game that this change doesn't completely unnerve.
    Maybe it's because I don't focus on the level of the crafting materials when I make something.

I treat the Harvesting depot like a refrigerator. Once I'm home from shopping (harvesting) and deposit everything in the box, who cares what isle (or zone) it came from. I open it, look for the name of the ingredients needed, make sure I have enough for the recipe and craft away. If I'm looking for some item in particular, there are plenty of lists on the Wiki that tell me where I can find them in abundance.

You know what would be cool ..to have recipes that used materials from different Norrath lands to create new BoL items. With no levels to get in the way, those older harvestables that have been gathering dust for years could suddenly become viable again. Hint, Hint Devs!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Soara2 like this.
  5. Marae Well-Known Member

Tkia said in response to my post: "I cannot believe that ANY reason they could possibly come up with would justify breaking working content in the earllier game simply to cover up the errors and shortcomings of the more recent game content. Classic case of punishing your customers for your own mistakes I think."

I can't think of any reason, either, Tkia, which is why I am asking them the question. Maybe it isn't about "covering up errors and shortcomings" at all. But either way, it would be really, really helpful if the devs would weigh in and tell us exactly why they did what they did, and exactly what issues it's supposed to fix. And it would be really, really helpful if they would consider a way to give us the information that we need even if it's in a different form than that to which we've grown accustomed.
  6. Miroh Well-Known Member

I've been off the game since January 20th and just got back on to notice the levels were missing. I had a new player asking about Tuber Strands and where to find them and I was like...alright, lets find them on the broker and see their levels...but nope. No levels to be found. This game has been unfriendly to new players for a decade already but this just makes it even more so. Please put the descriptions back.

And remember...If its not broken, please don't try to fix it.
  7. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I agree. It is a pain
  8. lili Member

Please add me to the list of people wanting this back.
    Thanks!
    Marae, FracasKrusher, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I for one use the harvestables "that have been gathering dust" to make tier-appropriate gear for my newbs, though I must admit most of them "start" at around their teens, at the very least, thanks to all the Collectible Depots I have on various servers...turn in one or more of those completed quests, and zooom! ;->

But seriously, I can't be the only one out there who still has characters below 120; what, indeed, about new players, that aren't gonna shell out more than $35 on a "new" game, and want to start at the beginning? How does this help them if they want to explore the crafting option, DEVS? Or don't you guys care about attracting new players? :-/

Uwk
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You are not the only one Uwk. More than 85% of my stable on AB alone is under level 50 and you know about how large my AB stable is. My MD stable, 100% are below level 40. My Kaladim stable, which is only 5 characters at the moment, 4 are below level 25 and one is max.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My max characters are almost always my main Carpies on any of my servers (the four Live US regulars, Thurgadin, and Public Test); I deliberately Tokened them up to max so I could use them to harvest anywhere I needed to for all our mat needs. ;->

But most of the rest are way behind; except for Test (where we could Token up/unlock newly created max level toons until recently >:-/), the rest vary between 40s->60s, tops. :-/

Uwk
    who really ought to get the below 30s up to 30, so the non-Scouts among them can use the Chameleon Totems ;->
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I didn't even count my test stable, I have 50 there, and 30 are max, 15 of which are carpenters, 20 are below level 30.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

::cough, splutter:: You have FIFTY toons on Test? :eek: Okay, I won't feel so bad with my mere 20 there now... :-/

Quite a few of them, I must admit, I created to test the max. level Adventurer Token unlocks with our beloved NPC agent there (can we get his wares back, o devs, PLEASE?), as well as the max. level Tradeskill Tokens. Not that all those 100 level crafters have all the books yet, mind... ;->

Uwk
    who's got 26 on Thurgadin... ;->
  14. FracasKrusher Active Member

I hope the company is over the embarrassment of this obvious mess

and can be honest and straight forward enough to

fix this issue that is enraging many customers.

Tappit the perplexed
  15. AJAJAJ New Member

Please put the levels back on the mats. I keep them all sorted in the bank by their tiers but now i don't know what they are and so many look so much alike. I have to constantly google what mats go with what tiers and it's not a pleasant gaming experience.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Add your test and Thurgadin together and we are almost equal!!!