No Fix Planned This account is in use... + /camp <character select> not working properly

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Test Taffies, Oct 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Test Taffies Active Member

Exactly! It been confirmed.. and still not fixed? Disappointed in the "bug" "fix" system overall to say the least.
    Morukta and Breanna like this.
  2. Contessia Active Member

its now JUNE ,and i still can not /camp to char but here is more information,, its only this account,, and its only on US side
    i can /camp to char on other accounts anyplace,, and i can do it on this account on uk, is anyone even working on fixing this?
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

I don't think they are it's been confirmed forever. I think if they were working on it it would have been fixed by now. It isn't game breaking but it does make me not want to play.
    Morukta likes this.
  4. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

This, right here, BIG problem.
    It means that ANY bug post that doesn't get likes or enough of them will NEVER get addressed.

Or is that and incorrect interpretation of the info on bugs & this particular statement? 'Cause I posted a bug that has only gotten likes from directly asking folks in-game to like it. Without that, I doubt it would be getting any. Without likes, and given what the bug is (missing rares from goblins & ponies), I'm doubtful it will ever be fixed.
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  5. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

This is still happening. Very annoying.
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yes it is!!!! And it's been confirmed for ever now. You'd think if they can confirm it then they would know what is wrong and how to fix it, so..................
    Hartsmith and Geroblue like this.
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

Helloooooo out there!!!! Any word on this?
    Sionx and Geroblue like this.
  8. Jinksie Well-Known Member

I still get this now and again when flipping between my toons. I figure they know this is happening, but not the whys yet. It seems to me that the game is moving faster on my PC than it is on their end, so it thinks I am still logged in my other character and won't let me log in to the next character. I just type in my password and get back to character select. That said, it should not be a frequent occurrence, yet it is.
    Geroblue likes this.
  9. Amalar The combined salt from all of SOE/DBGs fallen MMOs

Recently resubbed to WoW, I am loving being able to instantly camp in a rest zone with no timer to go between my 12 characters!

Before quitting this game, I almost had a level 100 of every class, and it was a massive pain to switch between them!

It is hilarious to see this bug listed as confirmed for nearly 2 years, just 100 days to go! We should throw it a party, is it the longest running confirmed bug on the forums?
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Wow does have a significanly bigger budget.
    Test Taffies and Breanna like this.
  11. Test Taffies Active Member

I know for a fact that same computer, different account (late spouses account) that the (late spouse) account can log in and can switch another character via /camp <character name>.
    This bug looks more and more like it has to do and I believe, with the amount of characters/alts one has. I have many and he had few. His account can /camp over and over no errors, no dumps to screen. I have not had the kid check yet but thinking it will be the same for that account (easy switch).

SO... allow more characters per account? That seems like a simple true/false or increase number in some line of code. (not a coder/programmer - but very logical natured) Please fix this! I can no longer camp to self. :(

I should not have to delete beloved alts for this ability as a member it should be a give. For a FTP that slash command should be given. Come on and fix something that doesn't directly relate to the 'newest' whatever that got broken because of the Kaladim and yeah that is what half or more of the issues are coming from. They have to jerk the code to make it function over there and so our 'live' servers get jerked. In some ways things have improved in others. Not so much. Confirmed errors should be looked at and fixed.

PLEASE!
    Doobius40504, Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

AGREED. This has been going on (for me) YEARS, since they did the last server merge when we went to Maj'Dul. It seems to be spreading now to more and more people. I don't understand since this has been confirmed for literally months now, they obviously found what is causing it, why can't it be fixed.

It would be really nice to have someone pop in and tell us something anything, but I know that is wishful thinking and never happens.

I used to log in every day and at least check stuff out and get my harvest and such, but now with the extra time it takes, I only play on weekends. Sad because I truly love this game. I see post after post of things that are broke and not getting fixed. I can only come to one conclusion.
    Morukta, Geroblue and Daryx like this.
  13. Bludd Well-Known Member

i just think its related to the physical dataset size of the toon in the database
    takes time to write to db
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

Someone else said that too. But it even happens on my little bittie toons that have nothing on them. And low level. It does mainly happen on my Swashy though. Then it throws in a few others for prosperity.
    Geroblue likes this.
  15. Breanna Well-Known Member

HO HUM HO HUM SIGH Not even going to ask. Just letting you know we haven't forgotten about this.
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  16. MSG1 Member

i get this bug camping off main to character select or to an alt toon, but i can switch between alt toons or from alt toon to character select no issues, only when coming off my main toon i get it
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

If the current xpac, top-end raiders started throwing fits, we know what would happen.
    As it is, I can only come to the same conclusion as you.... already have a black suit hanging in the closet. :(
    Doobius40504 and Breanna like this.
  18. Contessia Active Member

its now mid august,, i still cant camp to char,, brings me to char select ,, and only one this account
    we are months and months into this issue,, started in jan
    Breanna and Doobius40504 like this.
  19. Breanna Well-Known Member

This problem has been going on for years now. The post started in January and got confirmed so they obviously found the problem. Why they don't fix it is beyond me.
    Geroblue likes this.
  20. Taled Well-Known Member

Confirming that it happens is not the same as confirming they found the cause.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.