Thinking of returning

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Drunador, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Drunador New Member

I used to play this game until it went FTP, where upon if i was not subbed I was unable to wear my fabled gear. To my recollection, this has been a number of years now. My character is still intact and is lvl 92. How would I go about coming back into the game and should I pay or can I progress without a subscription?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can come back free, but you'll have all the FTP restrictions, including not being able to use fabled gear or master spells.

Of course, at 92,youi can get some nice mastercrafted gear and start playing to level to 100. Then you can decide whether you want to pay so you can get the really spiffy gear or not.
    Dude and Prissetta like this.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

Fabled gear and master spells are no longer restricted. F2P can just not use gear labled prestige or grandmaster/ancient spells.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  4. Drunador New Member

So I could come back and play until lvl 100 and use my master spells and fabled gear? Any benefits to getting Kunark expansion?
  5. Kindread Active Member

Yes, I would suggest using your current level 90ish character. I just recently started again with my friend. We had been gone for a few years, but had characters at level 90 already. We started fresh, but the grind ended up being just that, a grind through 90 levels to get where we had already gotten too. We went to a few new places we had not seen before, which was fun however.

Some notes I've gotten after coming back:
    • Get to 100 pretty quick, there are some expansion pre-quests that you will want to do which will decrease the grind time of leveling your ascensions.
    • Do the KA timeline quest series first at level 100
    • Then do the Panda quest series (use the bauble from this to increase your first ascension to level 5 instantly)
    • Once you get your ascension to level 5 run through your Epic 1.0 quest series, this is a pre-req for the epic 2.0, which is still going to be pretty much required in the next expansion.
    • Get into a friendly guild that will help you complete your epic 2.0. Hopefully you can get this out of the way before the expansion released next month.
    • Focus on leveling your Ascension, try and get at least the first one to level 10, then you can use a bauble you get form the panda quest guy to increase it to rank 11 (careful, I think you can only use this on ONE ascension, so choose wisely).
      • This is by far the biggest time sink, gear, AAs, Epic 2.0 will all take about 2-3 weeks if you have a guild that can help you occasionally (there are lots of guilds that are more than willing to do this), however ascension leveling is VERY time consuming, it was estimated to get all 4 ascensions to level 10 would take something like 140 hours of play time, but there are some catch-up mechanics in place now, and I expect in PoP there will be a few more to bump up the returning players that are excited to play in the iconic PoP expansion.

Not at this point. The next expansion, PoP, will be going up for pre-sale this afternoon, which will include Kunark Ascendeding. Save yourself some money and just wait and buy the bundle.
    Cx_morningstar and Prissetta like this.
  6. Cx_morningstar Member

Nice post, thanks. Can you link to the "Panda" quest series please?

Thanks!
  7. Kindread Active Member

Cx_morningstar likes this.
  8. Cx_morningstar Member