Thinking of making a Guard

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-romulis, Oct 24, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-romulis Guest

so i want to relevel a tank class i used to have a zerker that was lv 70 back when but no longer have the account. Currently have a lv 50 shadowknight but dont know if thats what i wanna do how do guards stand now a days in relation to other tank classes because i havent seen many of them lately.
  2. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Guards are fine again after the last revamp.
    That being said, nearly all tanks are in a pretty good place.
    I enjoy playing my guard and monk fairly equally, paladin does really well for me too. I don't really ever touch my sk and zerker. But thats really just cause I don't enjoy those classes that much. Didn't enjoy them when they were OP, and certainly don't enjoy them now that the sk is now reasonable and the zerker needs help.
    Unless you are pursueing a raid MT slot, play whichever fighter *you* enjoy. If you have a specific fighter role you want to provide in a raid environment, the choice on which tank to play is more important.
  3. ARCHIVED-romulis Guest

im wanting to play and upfront rock really and i remember back when guards were the solid choice for this jw why i havent seen alot of them lately since ive returned.
  4. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Guardians do this nicely, but the current FOTM are brawlers cause they also do it nicely and generally look better and do more dps while doing it.
  5. ARCHIVED-romulis Guest

bah who needs dps your the tank! your what gives the heals HPS! or if your good.... make them bored! i had a 51 SK but found out last night..... i really dont enjoy it.... at all so started a guard and got him to 20... solo is kinda slow like i remember but im an ogre... who cares im a beast!.
  6. ARCHIVED-romulis Guest

made the guard got him to 41 with 55 AA so far and went down Stam line and got arena endurance then went down to Shoulder the Burnden in the guard tree just wondering if im tanking will that be semi correct at this level. most of the stuff i picked up in the guard tree were reuse decreasers and taunt/hate gain increases. i also was torn between going down the agi line or the str line so i figured i could use the aoe a bit more
  7. ARCHIVED-romulis Guest

This is the spec im running so far when tanking

Also was toying with guard tree is This Spec a good guess for 300/300 or more along this line I havent played a guard since the orginal game and even then it was only lv 30 so alot of this is new so opinions would rock for later on.