Thinking of jumping to the new TLE here from EQ

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by cathulu, Apr 10, 2019.

1. cathulu New Member

Do you guys think it's too late to jump in from the ground up? How are pug groups? Any guilds lowbie friendly?

Considering necro or coercer as I enjoy both equally. How long do you think it would take to get max level and raid ready on a 6 to 8 hour daily play schedule?
  2. Avernien New Member

I can tell you I just started the game from scratch after not playing since 2007. Lots of low level people around
    Siren likes this.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

I just moved over from Nagafen myself, and every lowbie zone still has multiple instances up, even on weekday mornings let alone nights and weekends. Come on aboard!
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

Not even close to "too late". I just PLd a few guildies tonight and even at 11pm CST, there were 20+ people in both Wailing Caves and Fallen Gate. Pug groups are still happening, especially during prime time hours. If you get stuck not getting in one, don't hesitate starting your own. If you like the people you run with add them to your friends list and try and make a group again with some of them later.

In a static group using XP potions, you can get to 50 in 6-8 hours. If you got Krono(s) to burn, you can buy a Power level and get to 50 in under 3 hours.

Soloing, questing, pugging to 50 your mileage may vary, but playing 6-8 hours a day, I cant imagine it taking more than a few days tops to get to 50.
  5. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Kaladim is very popular right now. I would recommend it. My only advise is don't join a guild right away. Until you are at a comfortable level it will seem like you are constantly falling behind.
    Pixistik and Breanna like this.
  6. Bekkr Well-Known Member

I'd personally suggest the opposite. A good guild will get you up to speed faster than soloing.
  7. Grayven Member

And for a third option.. go to the instances at your level during primetime, and see what guilds are running groups there.
  8. Dezz u New Member

yep, its a great time to join, cmon over!
  9. Gloiste New Member

Your goal is to max everything and raid. Read the fourm post here that starts with booooooooring. It took that guy 1 day to get 50. They said they felt you are a slow gamer if you took more than 2 weeks to max. Then it takes a day to get max gear and then you can complain with them there's nothing to do lol it's a joke please dont take that part seriously. So is it to late to join the rusher, yep 100 percent. I've played something like 20 hours I'm lvl 11, and prolly wont get to 50 in a month.

I am a extreme though, I only level old school EQ style for the most part killing mobs as a sk, trying to become a Paladino's through bounty quests. The other extreme are the people who finished the raid content in 2 weeks. Most fit in the middle, and you will find plenty of people that haven't even made it to 50 yet. I have to go through the common lands, thundering steps, Antonia, and nek forest to tarun my bounties. All of those zones have a bunch of people in them.
    Dude likes this.
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

Also, if you plan/your goal is to raid, check discord or press U in game and see what the raid guilds are looking for in terms of class during your playtime. Slots are now getting limited in the HC guilds, which it sounds like you're interested in.
  11. Ssheldon New Member

With 6-8 hrs of playtime per day even putzing around you should be 50 in under a week with enough plat to buy some kronos and raid the following week. Just group when you really feel like lvling, only quest if you need a break or running a HQ. And your name, didn't that use to be all over the forum/flames years ago? if it is WB. Enjoy.