Thinking about switching up my tank

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Trabu, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Trabu Member

Hey guys and girls right now I tank raid & heroic zones on my zerker I've been playing him for a few expansions but I was thinking of switching him up for my Pally on the next xpack.
    What are your opinions on the Zerker vs Pally tanking?

While the zerker seems to do okay I have noticed that he is now struggling to hold agro on 2B+ dps toons. I was thinking I might alleviate some of the tanking issues by switching up to the pally.

Get him geared out at the beginning of the new xpac switch any better items off my zerker and start tanking with him.

How do the Paly rate as tanks currently can they get decent dps/agro to hold hate on these high end dps'rs or should I stick with the zerker and just look to improve his gear to keep up. He is second tank for the raid and my raid alt so he does not get first choice on gear so he is a little behind.
  2. Lemons New Member

Paladins are always great for agro but they will suffer in the survival aspect, if you want to keep up with 2b+ spikes just spike yourself as a Zerker id precast bulwark on pull ( From elementalist ascension) and maybe sorched earth, and lord help you if your not a elementalist.

That should cover the opening spike which is what I am guessing you are struggling with being a tank this xpack as everyone's dps is so high on pull and threat not scaling properly it makes tanking sometimes kind of rough so just up your own dps as a Zerker because likely Paladins will struggle next xpack same as they have this one and the 2-3 before that.