Thinking about starting up a paid account for TLE

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Macinley1, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Macinley1 New Member

EQ2 is a game i have often thought about playing as i never did play the game when it was current. I did play ultima online and of course EQ way back in the day. I ran a beastlord on Prexus back then and after years of playing i never did get to the level cap. I have since gotten bored with everything available now, so im thinking about eq2.Tried running around in everquest a bit but i just cant get into the grind anymore.

However i have to wonder if i start on a TLE server, will be playing mostly solo and never really catch up? I tried a lil bit on the live servers as a free account but it looks like everyone is playing on Kaladim. Cant really say i would enjoy playing on a server with no population.

Second, if the release scheduled i found online is correct, Kingdom of sky should have released the other day or is releasing soon. Is there a class that stands out more as a good soloer for this expansion? I would be looking at beastlord or necro / a pet class of one form or another.

Lastly, was eq2 a solo friendly game like wow was? Or more group oriented like eq1 was?
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

I think EQ2 is very solo friendly I have played since shortly after launch and soloed probably 90% of that time. If you like to solo then this would be the game for you :) You can ask questions here on the forums and also in chat (although some people in chat are very rude). I play on Maj'Dul and it has a pretty decent population, I guess alot would depend on the time you play.

Welcome to Norrath and enjoy your journey.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Naneeje Well-Known Member

The drawbacks to live servers are 10 hot bars allowed and you need 50 hot bars for everything added to the game. It is extremely overwhelming to come back to anything after DOV. So many things you just don't know about. No place to get the information. If each expansion came out with a guide, what's new, how to arrange spells, ascension, stuff like that, maybe "Live" would be more popular.
    So why is TLE so popular? Vanilla. It's the base stats in the game, before Ascension. For people like me, I miss going through these zones disco'ing stuff. I had a blast yesterday at launch.
    Yes, definitely solo'able. Very much built for duo, which is really really nice.
    yes, worth paying for because you can jump into live and get your feet wet, when it's overwhelming, go back to TLE for a while. Keep bouncing back and forth until one of them draws you in.
    I don't play live right now because I put everything I had into Ascension at Kunark's Ascending and couldn't keep up.
    I recommend you give it a shot. There is a lot of players here still, just not like it was during peak EQ2 days.
    Cyrrena and Korochun like this.
  4. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Any class can do solo quests. Beastlord is not an option, but necro is a good choice.
    Cyrrena likes this.