thinking about changing form all access to getting expansion for here

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, I don't know what expansion level I have for EQ 2. The server select in eQ says you have x expansions of y numbers. And just below that a list of the expansions. So on one of my EQ accounts it says I hace 21 of 24, another account is 20 of 24, etc. I haven't seen anything like that in EQ 2.

I'll look for them near South Qeynos.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I put my display lights at hmm... now I don't remember it, but it was Best or Average. In the middle of the list.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh! News to me, but I don't raid at all or even generally group, so not a surprise, I guess. ;->

Uwk
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Mostly, you just type /play in the command line in the chat channel window, and you'll get the date you started and total elapsed time. Fortunately, it counts your account as from when it started, rather than just elapsed time, or some of my toons would never get anything. ;->

In EQ2, I know there's a backpack or two pretty early on, definitely before the 6 month mark. :)

Uwk
  5. Juraiya Well-Known Member

The Scourge of Zek zone is member only (I've never done it - not interested), and possibly that Rum Cellar zone. Never done either of those myself, and never cared, even though I'm a member. :) I don't know if agnostic dungeons or the fabled zones require membership; I've played with both, but never needed to check on entrance requirements.

Getting the latest expansion will net you all of the previous expansions, other than the one that was later broken up into parts. (I can't remember the name of that one.) The expansions you will get in addition to Planes of Power include Thalumbra and Kunark Ascending. That is also true for future expansions; any expansion you buy will include previous expansions. KA and PoP also include the mercenary feature, if you don't already own it, iirc.

Like the others have said, you don't need membership for anything below level 100, at the very least. All of the above zones mentioned are purely optional, and NOT the 'meat' of the game. I would actually recommend not bothering with the current expansion (unless you want the merc feature, or something), and wait until one of your characters is high enough level to actually need it. You can wait until shortly before the next expansion is released, and get the one that's current at a discount, if they do that sort of thing again. They may or may not, as they haven't always done that in the past. Or just wait until the next one is out, and get that one in addition to all of the current ones.

Gero, if you would like any 46 slot bags, let me know your character's name and I can shoot a bunch to you. I'll send them to you via the in-game mail, so you'll need to pick them up at a mailbox.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Age of Discovery, if memory serves. Everyone howled about how ironic the name was, without any new areas to discover, just features. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, EQ2 hasn't got the nice scrolling info about which expansions you own. However, if you have not bought the newest expansions, you will have access up through Altar of Malice, I think at no cost. For Terrors of Thalumbra, Kunark Ascending and Planes of Prophecy, you'd have to buy the newest expansion. Free stuff gets you all the way to level 100 though.

For mounts, every day you play and finish the "daily objectives" that pop up in your quest window, you gain loyalty tokens. Those you can spend at the loyalty merchant (located in Qeynos Harbor and East Freeport, the dock areas). You can buy mounts and some other items at those merchants. It's mostly fluff but some of it is useful, like the 52 slot box.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I had enough to get one mount for one character, 130% speed increase.

I have 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, 2 year, 3year, and 4 year /claim items. No mounts and no box/packs in them. The only thing close was a weapon holder for a house.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Finora like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I don't group nor raid, but solo and molo. I have toons in Maj'Dul and Skyfire. Which server can you send to ?
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Oh, I checked the one slot in action bar and it said the melee weapon will be used until combat ends or I push the number 1 again. So it just looks like its not working, to my old eyes, but it likely is.

And hopefully check and see if I can hire a merc.
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

Without knowing what level you've gotten too, here's a smattering of info.

The loyalty merchants I mentioned before have a lore (can only have one on you) box that is 52 slots for 7 tokens (one week ot get that for free to play, half that for member).

The questlines for Kelethin, Neriak, Gorowyn, and New Halas give a ground mount at or near the end. You'd also get a full kit of gear. Leveling through Qeynos and Freeport you'll also get gear, np.

Player crafted gear is sufficient to get you going if you don't get better drops. I know I will make common stuff and sometime mastercrafted if I have the rare, for free for lower level folks. Unfortunately, looks like you play on servers I only have house tourists on. I'm sure others on those servers would be willing to help you out though, if you want it.

You'll find gear drops are fairly common, though not always worth equipping.
  12. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Play at your pace and relax. Try to find a guild that is casual and relaxed to join as this game is so much more fun with friends and guildies to play with than just going solo all the time. Most cities have mercs either in a bar or standing around but most people can help direct you to them. Also, you may want to download maps from http://maps.eq2interface.com/. I use the default UI, but others say that some of the downloadable ones are nice to use. All up to you.
  13. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Sorry, didn't think to mention it, and I should have. I can only do that for Maj'Dul. I have characters on other servers, but no tailors of high enough level to make the largest packs.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I sent you a conversation/pm.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My characters are currentlyt level 12 though 21.

I looked for Mercs near the gate to South Qeynos, but didn't see any. I did finally look aorund enough in Loyalty to see the bags. I got one 24 slot on one character.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I prefer to jsut run around and relax. Its getting used to the UI thats being a pain. I'm starting to game enough I can move around and engage in combat without making a complete silly series of moves. Same thing happened in other MMOs I've played.

My schedule is rather difficult in that I wind up helping relatives/siblings and my time isn't always my own.

I did try and get a free room at the Inn in Qeynos with a 12th level character, but they appear to all be luxary flats/apartments now. Apparently the Wiki EQ 2 I looked at is a bit out of date.
    Finora and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Breanna Well-Known Member

HUM The mercs are at the bar on the left if you are going towards the South Qeynos gate, the Pally merc is out front all the other mercs are inside. Do you have the merc feature?
  18. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I don't shop or live in Qeynos… though many guards don't either after I pass thru there *hateful grin* but I do think you can get a cheap apartment for a few silver a week. But it will be likely just 2 rooms together (Neriak one is like that). Yeah, I have RL demands on my time, that and I refuse to tank for randumb people. So I solo or work with friends and guildies.
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

Mercenaries in Qeynos are in the Fish's Ale building, they'll be standing around in it. One (Something or another Proudhilt) will be standing just outside the door. If you ask a guard for "Proudhilt" they'll direct you to where he is.

Newbie housing is in South Qeynos upstairs in the Lion's Mane Inn (if you take the bell into the zone, you will pop up in on a landing in the moat just behind it. Climb up the stairs and there you go). There's a big lion head on the building above the door. The newbie rooms in Qeynos are labled stuff like Lion's Mane Vestige Room - Castleview Hamlet and such. There are three if you take the left flight and three if you take the right flight.
  20. Neranya Member

Excellent advice! That is true of any MMO. I played EQ for 7 years, started just before DoN expansion came out, and stopped just before the expansion that followed House of Thule (so 2005 to 2012 I think). Was in a great guild that was part of a Guild Alliance (Norrathian Council of Guilds) on Stromm / Povar. Decided to give this game a shot back in late January, and been enjoying it casually since. I solo almost all the time (only up to lvl 27 / 28 on my two chars) but the people in my guild are always willing to help if I need it. Plus they quickly outfitted me with a bunch of great bags for inventory.

It's easy (imo) to get overwhelmed with quests, as you see quest giver feathers all over the place. What I do is this: Take a quest, look at the level and rewards. If its too low / not worth it, drop it. If it's the 'learn about xxxx' mob, I keep 'em, and do them as I run into those mobs. Sometimes I'll click on an item and get a quest that is easy / low level, but its fun to do anyway because it takes me places I might not ever see. One day I accepted about 10 of the Far Seas Trading quests in Commonlands for my Ogre Bruiser to clear up the inventory. They were around lvl 20, but I saw they were all for Wailing Caves and Fallen Gates. Wailing Caves was all grey, but I got to see all the levels of it, and the cash reward was good (for me). Fallen Gates is either grey or green, and it was fun to see a place I didn't know about.

I usually don't look up quests or Youtube videos on how to complete something on the 'net unless I am really stumped as to how to proceed, so unless someone tells me about a 'mount' quest available to me say at lvl 20, I might not find about it until way later. That's where a good guild comes in handy. But, way I figure it, that's part of adventuring. As my Bruiser adventures on Norrath, he's not going to know / find everything. Of course, subsequent characters I make will benefit from what he learns. That's the way it goes on all MMO's.

I'm still F2P on EQ2, but I also play DC Universe Online F2P and I've gotten to a point in that game where its either start buying the DLC's so I can progress, or get a sub. For me, All Access makes sense because I play both games on PC, and if I ever wanted to take a casual look at EQ now and again, I would be All Access for that game too.

Thing is, enjoy yourself. I've had to learn to not get super wrapped up into the details of a game and end up doing 'analysis to paralysis'. You get stumped, ask questions, read Forums, check out Youtube.

Have fun!