Things to do after hitting 100

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Teld, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Teld Member

So I just hit lvl 100 with my first toon(dirge). I am trying to put together a list of all the things I need to do now.

• Already did the panda quests so I have all that new 100 lvl gear
    • speak as a dragon
    • Upgraded pack pony
    • Got my goblin
    • Looks like I need to start Kunark ascending for my epic 2.0
    • I picked a ascension class
    • Actually upgrading spells is probably on the list
    • Do I need to switch from a tank merc? Been using Daeron to carry me up till now.
    What else am I missing that I need to start working on and/or change?
    I don't want to get to lvl 120 and have a whole list of items I need to go back and do.
    Saw-Lau and Soara2 like this.
  2. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Ok so you can just buy the epic 2.0 spells now for 0 coppers.. Unless you want to quest for a long time to get the weapon..
    that is for level 100 and Max is 120...
    I usually just get the stuff from the summer quests and then
    1. Pick a Merc for end play. Start training it.
    2. Do the access quests from your mail. On one character per account.
    3. Start the PoP quests to level to 110.
    4. Get the free adornment from the colloseum of Valor. My spelling is probably off..
    5. Do the BoL prelude from the mail and then pick up the free gear from the Blinding, as well as your epic spells.. Level up and do the signature line on at least one character on the account..
    Then I usually switch to crafting and alts so you need help for after this from other people..
    iamvegano and Breanna like this.
  3. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Almost forgot!! The first absolute thing I do is fix my AAs!!! Don't forget to do that! And yeah if you can find someone to make you some expert spells you may want to farm rares for it, or buy off broker, and hit research on your spells. Train the mount you have also
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Soara2 Well-Known Member

k now about that pack pony!
    first upgrade you can do is in The ethernere. You have to do Captain's lament quest first in isle of mara and be a 95 crafter for that upgrade. It gives you the ability to get holiday harvests during a holiday.
    second upgrade you can get is from the PoP tradeskill line, part 3 to be precise, must be 100 crafter if you finish the whole line you get a nice familiar. It lets your pony get automated harvesting, so it will harvest while you are running around if you have it out, plus what you send it out for and you can change the appearance to like a purple cefal thingy.
    third upgrade you can get just gives you a snail appearance for your pony. This you can get from doing the whole CD tradeskill line must be 110, and if you do Anchorage after (CD is a prerequisite for doing the Anchorage line), you get a pretty decent familiar. The CD line rewards you to summon a fuel agent i think, if I am remembering right.
    Then there is the plant you can get for your house that will get you harvests (including rares) once a day, but you have to give up the goblin to get it. That comes from the KA tradeskill line (must be 100 crafter). For that you have to have done proof of pudding and ToT tradeskill line. Sorry for the many posts, was at work when I did the other 2..

Also, I can't remember if they put the good gear for 100s or just for 110s on the summer quests last year, if the box at the PoM spires has better gear (higher resolve), make sure to get that instead! I usually just grab the ascension boosts, the diety boosts and the familiar potion from there. Definately grab the 110 gear from the summer quest dude though, I had on MC CD gear on at 110 so I didn't bother, it is slightly better though, at least until you did the prelude on one character for BoL, then you can get the gear from the blinding at 110.

Because you will be changing gear out so much for the next 20 lvls, you will need to also make sure you have the adornment reclamation spell from your class trainer located in most starting cities!! Also the summer quest merchant shows you different stuff at lvl 101 and 110, so make sure to revisit him...
    Claws, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  5. dorotea Well-Known Member

1. Yes you now should get a healing mercenary - damage mercenaries are not very useful from 100 on.
    2. Check the panda gear again at 100 if you have not. Then again at 101 when more is added. Apart from gear you can get a familiar, a mercenary. two premium estates, a boost to ascension level 15 in one ascension class and to 5 and 10 in others, etc.
    3. If you like things challenging you can do the next two expansions in order without picking up gear. If you like to relax and explore with no real risk of dying pick up the free gear near where you port in to the plane of magic for a huge upgrade and then do PoP and Luclin - you can get to 120 in literally hours /played if you hurry. Though better to take it slowly. Then go back to ToT and KA if you want. Note that at 100 KA and ToT offer essentially no experience and no gear as good as what you can pick up for free they are for fun they aren't too useful.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Teld Member

Thanks everyone! This was super helpful. I snagged the PoMagic gear and working my way thru kunark. Not in a rush to get to 120, but as you said, I am halfway thru kunark sig line and it hasn't even earned me 1 bubble of exp lol.

I picked up kenny earlier when roaming around nek, so that saved me some time on a merc.
    Soara2 and Semperfifofum like this.
  7. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Search for your character and look for Languages and L&L you still need.

You can do KA if you have that expac available (it's not F2P yet).

If you prefer to have the story, then you can do the Epic 2 the long way. It's a good story if you're into lore.

If you're stuck at 100 for a while because of F2P, then all the signature quests starting from Ethermere through Altar of Malice are fun.

If you can advance to 120, then the fastest way is to go to Plane of Magic and do the Yrzu faction quest until you can advance the Signature quest. You dont' need to finish that signature quest, you'll be 110 in no time. Then go to the Blinding and pick up your gear from Tishan's Lockbox. Then you can catch up with whatever you're missing while working on BoL signature quest.

Guessing you've already done Epic 1?

Upgrading spells is a not worth it until you're maxed, unless you're stuck at 100 because of F2P.

Your guild bank should hopefully have a new tank merc if that works for your class,it's called Grolla, she's in the Wracklands though, so you can't got here until you're 110 and have the expac. Daeron is fine if you're not ready to go out to BoL yet.

I disagree about the "damage mercs are not useful" thing. If you want a pure damage one, not a tank, then Claz'akala from KA is incredible once you've leveled him up. Fast cures, gives you tracking if you don't have it, and the damage is enough to one shot landscape mobs (not bosses) in BoL.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. dorotea Well-Known Member

"I disagree about the "damage mercs are not useful" thing. If you want a pure damage one, not a tank, then Claz'akala from KA is incredible once you've leveled him up. Fast cures, gives you tracking if you don't have it, and the damage is enough to one shot landscape mobs (not bosses) in BoL. "

Thanks for adding this. I think it is fairly clear that untrained damage mercenaries add far less than untrained healing mercenaries at these levels but I haven't seen much on the forums about what a fully leveled and well geared damage mercenary can do. I have never even bothered to pick up Claz although I have his contract.
    Soara2, Breanna and Semperfifofum like this.
  9. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

The bard merc in BoL has some great damage, but it's subtle. The skills he uses to add damage aren't visible in the UI. Even untrained, he was great on damage. However, he doesn't cure and doesn't take aggro, so you still get stunned, stunned, stunned. If he could cure like Claz, he's be perfect. I don't mind racing a mob to zero health by outdamaging it, but I don't like being continually stunned.

To see the damage from the bard, you have to be in battle and then watch the buffs he puts on you, get screenshots, they move and expire too fast to read. One of them adds 2-3 million damage per hit and that's untrained.
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

If you like quests and storyline stuff, you might enjoy the Skyfire line. I used that as part of the mid-90's grind for Wulf & Myst, and it was a lot of fun. Now that you're at 100 it won't do much development wise, but could be a nice break from grinding. :)
  11. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I agree the KA questline and the TS quest in KA were both very good. Save the gobbies from the ghosties! People complained it was too short and the zone too small, I take that as confirmation that they were enjoying it and wanted more.
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Claws Member

I may have not seen it here but the one thing I have done is change my gathering goblin into a house plant. For me the speed for harvesting it gives makes up for the small loss. Plus the house plant does give some good harvests in return