Things I Wish I'd Known Earlier

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai, Feb 23, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Thanks for the info, Shareana! With a reference to it in the Consolidated thread, it'll still be handy for finding. I just hadn't realized it was there.
  2. ARCHIVED-Glimmsterviryan Guest

Couldn't find this anywhere else, so:
    Is there a way to make your maintained (spell) effects screen re-appear? I've never had one for none of my characters in 3 years playing EQ2. Possibly I have accidentally closed this screen when I first explored the game settings. The only remedy I can find is Alt-M. This doesn't do anything for me except offer to *close* the screen.
    I did try to close the screen, just to see if a minimized or obscured window would disappear. Nothing happened.
    (I've already checked the document "all forward-slash commands" as well as EQ2wikia, Allakhazam & this thread.)
  3. ARCHIVED-Glimmsterviryan Guest

Double post!
    Sorry for the thread clutter, but: I found a way to bring up the screen. Might be useful to others with similar problem, so here goes.
    Hit the F10 key. This will highlight all the existing windows in your HUD (heads-up display). Now your "vanished" window will appear, so long as it was originally "hidden" by your turning your particular window very small, and/or dialing down the visibility. You might have to move around your other windows a bit, to see if one of them has slid over your missing screen.
    (For completeness' sake: hitting F10 again will remove the highlighting again.)
  4. ARCHIVED-Prelisa Guest

Does anyone know why my name turns pink or red (sometimes even other colors) at times on a PVE server? I asked the guild, no one seems to know why it happens.
    It's a mystery that we would all love to clear up. LOL
  5. ARCHIVED-Karrane1 Guest

Just a guess here.. but try doing /anon and see what color it is... do /anon again to remove it.. and try /role.. see if that changes it.
  6. ARCHIVED-Prelisa Guest

Nope, that's not it. I am always anon (to avoid stupid tells mostly...but I am Anona Mouse after all, so :D ) but my name is usually white on my screen.
    This is an alt of mine whose name went from white to pink yesterday. I've had times when my name has been downright red too! I'm thinking maybe it has to do with a skill or attribute being too low? Like maybe I need to work on defense?
    I'm not sure, but I'd love for someone to let me know if they are knowledgeable about such things. It's a question that no one seems to know the answer to but has been bugging me to death. :)
  7. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

Hmmm I, too, have one character on my account who's name is red. No one I've asked seems to know why. Would be interested in the answer, also. It's been that way for years now.
  8. ARCHIVED-paulv3 Guest

Had this happen to me too. It is a bug from combat flashing your characters name from white to orange to red and back. Apparently sometimes it gets stuck in red!
    Deomorte Sa'Diablo <Freedom Knights>/Guk/