The Wind That Speaks Her Name

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Hartay, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

I am attempting to do all the Sig Lines for fun, but I can't see to get this one to go.

[IMG]

I assume they are suppose to be at the top of the cliff like in the wiki screenshot.

Am I doing something wrong?
  2. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Never mind.. Sometimes you just gotta relog.
  3. Wulfen Active Member

So glad you mentioned this quest. My Main is a determined Quester, but she cannot get this early, grey, quest to update. It looks so easy to finish... but.... no, there's no response from the NPC you're supposed to talk to (presumably the white ghosty wing-ey thing up on the mountainside in BBM. Would that it could update, just relogging... (sigh)... I'll do that thing, but with no hope it will work. This has been hanging around for over a decade of game play. I've tried several times over the years.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I got to give that a try , if I can do that quest on one of my high level toons.
    If everything fails , mentor down .
    And make sure your low level quests are turned on , if you can't see the feathers of low levels you might also not see any on the spirit of wind.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I just started the quest on my level 100 and had no problem speaking with the spirit of the wind,
    Next quest she gave me was A Voice of another Kind , had t o gather 20 feathers of the aviaries and bring them to a
    Kobold named Engragion
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Look down and see if she is in the water. Best bet is to try and soft log to fix it while sitting on the rocks just a little bit above the cliff point.
    [IMG]
    Wulfen and Breanna like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

that problem happens through out the game the NPC materializes faster than the scenery so they fall through , something you can't fix by logging back to character selection and on again .
    The dwarf for the heritage quest in Kelethin would often end up down on the valley floor and you could not talk to him because he was to far away.
    On the doc in Thundering Steps the quest giver for the Fishbone earing would end up under water .
    And the quest giver for the dwarfed work boots would end up in the floor.
    Wulfen and Breanna like this.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

If that's the problem try using target <name> and see if you're close enough to get them targeted. If they show up in your target box hail them and they should pop back up where they're supposed to be.
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I wanted to say you can fixe it by logging to character selection and back on .
    The better thing to do is what Tkia said.
    Breanna likes this.