The (Updated) History of Norrath

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-troodon311, Jan 16, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Where'd you hear that? I know that neither Bertoxxulous or Rodcet Nife are mentioned in the History of Norrath lore but I've never heard of Rodcet Nife ever having a race who would eventually end up causing disease instead of obeying the Prime Healer.
  2. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

Check the EQLive Lore message boards. We're constantly hashing and rehashing over the evidence to figure things out. :)

Bertox's origin is outlined on the EQLive boards

As for Rodcet Nife's history, I'd have to dig deeper into it. I've heard stories about he being the black sheep of his race by being a healer instead of a destroyer, but I don't know if those are confirmed lore or made up lore.

I don't think Nife's race was the same one that did the things that spawned Bertox either, but they had similar outlooks on life back then. It looks like some of the original long-lost races of Norrath's past were rather bloodthirsty back then; more so than they are today at least.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zernebog Guest

great work, thank yo

after i read this, i must say, that i really regret i wasn't here at the beginning and came only now
  4. ARCHIVED-Bedarra Guest

Great great post!! Wish I had read this when I was playing eq1. awww now i miss it!!

Thanks for a very interesting read!
  5. ARCHIVED-Mugok Guest

Can anyone recommend where I can get the full background story on who the Sleeper is and what is his significance? I played EQ1 up until just after SoV came out, and then returned after LDoN, when only high-end raiding guilds had anything to do with the Sleeper. So I'm still fuzzy on the whole story behind him. Seeing as how his "waking" basically defines the entire timeline of EQ1 and EQ2 (i.e. EQ2 takes place 500 years after the Sleeper awoke), I'm really curious to understand the whole story. I know he's a dragon, I believe he's the offspring of Vox and Nagafen.....but I want the whole story =)
    Thanks in advance
  6. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

http://www.albrandes.com/skden/articles/sleeper.asp
  7. ARCHIVED-MoD1133 Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Septro Guest

Did I miss the part about how the Kerra were created?
  9. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Actually, there is really no mention of how the Kerrans came to exist.

There is a NPC in EQlive in Kerra Isle who tells a little bit of thier history, but nothing mentioning how they ever came to exist in the first place, who or what created them, or how they gained sentients.

I'd like to know more about it myself though.
  10. ARCHIVED-DUNN Guest

I might be wrong but beleive the Kerra are the only race that were not created by the gods. No god claims them as his/her creation. They don't even belive in gods. So kerrans are the true Norrathians.
  11. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Everyone is a true Norrathian though... Especially Humans and Erudites. They weren't placed by any gods, but rather evolved from Barbarians and Humans, respectively.
  12. ARCHIVED-DUNN Guest

True they have evolved and adapted to the planet but still they are not a natural fenomenon of it. However they were created and placed on Norath. Therefore not a natural race of the planet. Same thing cannot be said about the Kerra, as far as i can tell they were here before everyone else in one form or another. Aviaks, who created them? If no one claims them, then they to are natural beings of Norath.
  13. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I subscribe that the aviaks are more a product of natural evolution than any other race, to be sure. The Kerran's origin of existance was never stated though, so we can't rule out a god, but can't rule out anything else either though.
  14. ARCHIVED-iceriven2 Guest

The Kerra and aviaks could very well have evolved naturally on Norrath, but by no means does that make them "First." They very well could have evolved after the The "Age of Scale" or even after the "Ancient" races first came to be (Elves, Giants, Kedge, Dwarves) But i have yet to see any evidence for either clam soo its still up in the air.....
  15. ARCHIVED-soulpurge Guest

I may be wrong, but didnt Xegony create the aviaks and other winged bird like creatures? i mean.. isnt she suppsoed to be a god or demigod of the sky?
  16. ARCHIVED-troodon311 Guest

Yes, Xegony created the Aviaks. We didn't find this out until KoS though :smileyhappy:
    She's an elemental god, the goddess of Air. Veeshan is the goddess of Sky
    She also happens to be the only elemental god to create a race on Norrath... at least that we know of.
    Message Edited by troodon311 on 03-12-200611:59 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-soulpurge Guest

The reason i spoke up was because they covered all of this before eq2.. see, i havnt even been to the KoS yet though i own teh expansion... and i can recall at some point in EQ1 where i remember something about Xegony, being just that, goddess of Air and creating Aviaks.. so i was supprised when the question was brought up abotu who created aviaks.. because.. i thought it was common knoweledge..

anyway.. thanks for clearing that up for me.
  18. ARCHIVED-troodon311 Guest

It's said that she's the goddess of Air, but I don't remember anything in EQ1 about the history of the Aviaks at all, let alone their creator. Can you remember anything more specific?
  19. ARCHIVED-Kindayr Guest

Yes, Xegony created the Aviaks. We didn't find this out until KoS though [IMG]
    She's an elemental god, the goddess of Air. Veeshan is the goddess of Sky
    She also happens to be the only elemental god to create a race on Norrath... at least that we know of.
    Message Edited by troodon311 on 03-12-200611:59 AM

Isn't Prexus the God of Water? Corinav was only the Avatar of Water, and Prexus created one of the Ancient Races (Kedge)
  20. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Humans and Erudites weren't created by gods either though, so they're "True Norrathians" as well, by that logic.