The (Updated) History of Norrath

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-troodon311, Jan 16, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Midget of Death Guest

/agreed. EQOA lore should be a part of the General Norrath lore. If a fish can change from a 5 inch blue gill to a 8 foot catfish in 5 days, imagine what could have been changed in the stories told in 500 years.
  2. ARCHIVED-Darkdesyre Guest

As a EQ1 player since Aug of 99 I really enjoy the lore of the game and Ive always thought it a bit sad that many of the newer players have missed out on so much of the lore by not experiencing it first hand. I talk to many people who, even more sadly, are not even aware that much of this lore is in existence. I applaude you for compiling much of the history of Norrath in one place, it is a sizeable task. I would perhaps suggest that you might explore the history of the first dragons we encountered as we set foot outside the relative safety of our homelands. If you have never seen Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen you have missed an amazing experince! There is much lore on these two dragons, one red, one white and their mating in spite of the approval of their peers. A mating which ultimately resulted in them being locked away in their respective lairs for unsuspecting adventurers to stumble upon. This mating did result in an offspring by the way.. and if you are familiar with your EQ lore you will know of whom I speak.
  3. ARCHIVED-Themaginator Guest

Bloodkane the vahshir werent moon cats...if you read your lore youd know that they were kerrans transported to Luclin by some crazy Erudites who experimented on them
  4. ARCHIVED-Mordock of the Highwynd Guest

You are mostly right, except that the erudites did not do it intentionally. During a battle near Kerra Isle in the Heretic/Erudin war, one of the spells transported many kerra to Luclin. I also didn't know that the kerra were experimented on. I thought that they learned different techniques while on the moon. I don't know for sure.

What Sheo said was right about Mistmoore. History tends to be exaggerated sometimes, and the period between EQOA and EQII was say 500 years? As far as I know, Mistmoore's plan in EQOA was foiled, so he must have set up shop in Faydwer. That sound alright?
  5. ARCHIVED-AncientDreamz Guest

First I would like to say thank you for collecting all the lore into one area... I beleive that EQOA, EQL, and EQII is more than just phat loot and levelling.... there are so many parts of the lore that can be used in RP just like I have in creating one of my characters...

Nitamaru Bonesinger is cursed to wander the lands of Norrath until the body and soul of her master Miragul are reunited and his final plan (NOT a bid for immortality as a lich but a place among the Gods) has come to pass...she has existed since EQOA (yes there is a Nitamaru there) and continues to walk in the Shattered Lands of EQII....

I've taken a little known figure (little mentioned and utilized as well) and written a history detailing his life and that of his followers... the Miragul I present is not the paranoid being but a man who desires to share ALL knowledge with ALL people... the image presented by history has been obscured (as history often times is)... the Miragul of MY history seeks not to become a lich but to take a place among the Gods as the God of Knowledge.... his belief is that no knowledge should be forbidden and that both the followers of the Light and those of the Darkness seek to hide knowledge form others...

Nitamaru Bonesinger is also known as Mire' Sore the Left Hand of Miragul, his High Apprentice and his Oracle... anyone interested in learning more about her and her Master plesae feel free to find her

EQOA: I very rarely play here anymore and can't remember what server she is on
    EQL: Nitamaru Bonesinger is found on the Erollisi Marr server
    EQII: Nitamaru bonesinger is found on the Permafrost server as a lost soul of Freeport

I'd love to hear from everyone and even work RP in if you like!
  6. ARCHIVED-DruVirus Guest

Great synopsis up above about nearly the entire lore of a EverQuest so far.

The only thing I know about what happened to the Goblin's, was that the Staff of Ankexfen, a powerful weapon, was seperated into four pierces, Water, Ice, Fire, and Slime Crystal Staff's given to each of the goblin tribes.

Also, the part about the Combine Era and how it fell being unknown isn't entirely true, as it was discovered in Luclin.

When the Combine Era was at it's peak, I remember there was a giant dinner party of sorts that included ambassadors from every race. However, I forget which, but one of the dark races had a kind of poison laced into the outside of his glove. When he went to shake hands with the leader of the Empire. . one of the Katta's. Well, within hours he had a heart attack and died. The end for him.

As for the Vah'Shir, they are different from the Kerra. The Kerra inhabited Kerra Isle and Erud's Crossing, whereas the Vah'Shir's village was where Paineel now stands. Or. . doesnt stand. During the Erudite's civil war, the Hole wasn't just. . blasted into nothingness. That is where the Vah'Shir village was. . with the collected magics, the entire village was teleported to Luclin. Which is why theres a giant crater known as The Hole, as well as why Shar Vahl on Luclin is just about a massive city, teetering on a small base with a giant crater around it.

Also forgot the part about Old Paineel, the Plane of the Underfoot, and how the Heretics were driven out to the surface. But I'm sure you didnt want your post to be too long about this stuff.
  7. ARCHIVED-troodon311 Guest

That's right. The Creation Story I used is from Everquest's release, which was of course before we Norrathians descovered what happened to the Combine Empire.
    All the Kerra are originally from Odus... the Erudites drove them off the continent onto Kerra Isle. I think I remember something about the ones in Erud's Crossing being heretics or exiles or something. There's a book in PoK that talks about how the whole thing happened with the Vah'Shir. Something about a prophesy about living space and then the Kerra used shamanistic magic to protect themselves as they hurled towards Luclin.
  8. ARCHIVED-DruVirus Guest

Yes, I know they were all from Odus. I'm only trying to help others that get the Vah Shir, Kerran, and Kejekan confused.

They are all different types of catmen, with different features.

Only mentioning that the Vah Shir inhabited the southern part of Odus, Kerran northern, and Kejekan the Stonebrunt Mountains.

And yes, the Kerran on Erud's Crossing were indeed outcasts.
  9. ARCHIVED-Yvl9921 Guest

Pretty good post... However... I only played around the time of Kunark, but the time I was there I got really into the history and lore and such. But you skimmed over all the details (like the filler in the first post) and only recapped the expansions. These were the parts I really wanted to know more about, so if you don't want to type it all out (understandable) could you post links to where we can find more?
  10. ARCHIVED-Einnyen Guest

From what I recall the Kerrans were transported to Luclin as a side effect of the war in Odus. Over hundreds of years they evolved into the ferocious Vah Shir with thier own Lore, Legends, Monarchy, and other such things. The greatest change was that the Vah Shir now had a Society, whereas the Kerrans were very primitave creatures.

From what I remember of the Shissar, and it's been a long times since Luclin, is that they knew that thier empire was crumbling as the iksar, and sarnak joined forces. Thier arch magus gathered all of thier magic users and cast a spell to transport them to another place (Luclin). Once they had arrived on Luclin they all became undead for one reason or another. That part I was never too clear on.

All in all a great write up. I agree that there is a ton of lore from EQ that most people have never seen. The lore, which is honestly, the best in the gaming world adds a depth and character that you simply can not find anywhere else. Personally SoV was the best expansion ever due to the amount of Lore that it added to the game, plus this is where we first saw factions as a means to an end... Anyone else remember farming the arena of Kael for armor drops... for days and weeks on end?
  11. ARCHIVED-Kelraz Guest

I'd encourage you to add a few things to your overview on the history of Norrath. While it has been some years since I worked with Sony writing a good deal of this Lore (before they created the Legends servers *hiss* and dismantled the Quest Troupe) I believe I've got a great deal of the information still locked away in my memory. Oh, and Sony, recreate the Quest Troupe for EQ2 -- I'll move to California and run it for you, please please please!

Between the "Creation" and the first expeditions to the new continent of Kunark there was a great deal of events which took place.

The Tier'dal, or dark elves, were concerned with the growing power of the human race. When a goblin by the name of Nurgal found a strange blue rock underneath Highpass Hold and sold it to the Tier'dal it unleashed a chain of events that would reshape the face of Norrath forever. (ooc: This rock would later become a quite common tool of the Wizard in Everquest1, known as the Hatestone, or the primary regent in which a wizard could teleport their party to the Plane of Hate) Innoruuk too was interested in his Tier'dal growing in power, and inspired them to attack Highhold Keep, a fortress equal distance between Freeport and Qeynos which supported and defended the main trade and pillgramage route between the cities. He sent his daughter, Lanys T'Vyl down from the Plane of Hate to lead their forces to conquer and subdue middle Antonica.
    The humans called forth to their allies overseas. Lord Tephys, ambassador to the High Elves as well as Galeth Veredeth, High Paladin of Tunare, answered their call and came to their assistance. Galeth even brough his finest student along, a Paladin known as Firona Vie (the pretty high elf that's found on every Everquest1 cover). However the number of allies to answer the call were quite meager. The Paladins of Freeport were constantly battling the Militia to keep control of the city and could not render assistance (and even Sir Lucan D'Lere the honorable Paladin of Marr was probably in Freeport at this time, defending it from evil). The wood elves were held in check by the Orcs of Crushbone (to their north) and had hardly any assistance to spare. The Butcherblock Dwarves were fearful that the Tier'dal would be headed to their coast next and couldn't send nearly a soul. Qeynos was mired in corruption and even if their soldiers were as pure as they are today, most were busy holding the Blackburrow Gnolls at bay. Sparing you most of the details the two armies met on the grounds of the peaceful Kithicor forest, just east of Highhold Keep. The Tier'dal siezed Rivervale and slaughtered / plundered the city. Just outside the enterance to the Highpass the forces of the Tier'dal and the paladins of Tunare clashed. Lanys met Tephys on the battlefield and after a long battle struck him down. It was then Firona which steped forward and announced "Child of Hate! Your cursed army shall go no farther." (ooc: yep, I still have my scripts after all these years, exciting huh?) Firona lashed out at Lanys and called forth a swarm of insects to unleash Tunare's fury. In a moment of weakness Lanys called out to another of her allies, a Tier'dal known as Laarthik, who struck Galeth to the ground and quickly came to her aid. Laarthik quickly unsheathed the blue stone in his pocket (the hatestone from earlier) and called out to Innoruuk to save his daughter. In that instant the screams of millions of souls as a portal to the Plane of Hate opened before them all. Lanys was called forth by her father and Laarthik, overwhelmed by the power of Innoruuk, spontaneously combusted. Firona quickly called to retreat and picked her mentro, Galeth up and helped him to safety. Moments later as the Paladins of Tunare retreated a wave of death swept over the Kithicor forest extinguishing all life.

The once peaceful Kithicor forest to this day is inhabited by the restless souls of those who perished there.

(ooc: Later I'll write a bit more, but gonna check and see if the servers are back up! The next few events I'd like to chronicle would be the great battle in Lower Faydark between Cazic Thule and Firona Vie and then of course Firona's capture by the Iksar Shaman shortly after her landing on the newly found continent of Kunark.)
  12. ARCHIVED-Sheogorath Guest

You are correct Mordock, Mistmoore was foiled in his plan, and was put to rest by Were-Hunters who were sent by the gypsies (I was the first Were-Hunter on EQOA, that was kinda fun).

Also, I know next-to-nothing about Ankexfen lore, except that in EQOA the incarnate God of the Ankexfen was trying to open a rift in the planes for personal power. Adventurers were informed of his plan by Feranathos et co., and stopped him. Fortunately/unfortunately, when he was stopped, he had already opened a portal. The Monks of the Endless tower (who already had access to the Plane of Sky) taught others to harness the rift in the planes, and this allowed access to the Plane of Sky for adventurers who had attained a certain level of experience. In the Plane of Sky, were found the island chains of Rain, Day, Night, Snow, and Desolation. The Quintessence of Veeshan (I'm currently targeting this beautiful dragon on my CL on EQOA) was the prize for completing all of the Plane of Sky island chains. She is found on the fourth isle of Desolation.

Note: Unfortunately, I have to leave characters online 24/7 to watch QoV so people don't glitch her....
  13. ARCHIVED-Louthien Guest

For those of you who had some questions regarding Mayong Mistmoore, this topic is covered in a number of posts on the EQ2 Lore part of the forums. I've pasted some of it below as it's a vital part of one of my character backgrounds, I've taken a keen interest in the Mistmoore of then and what's happened to him now.

This massive archive is a direct quote from "Arcanevalor" (from the Everquest 2 forums). Following is both history as well as recorded dialogues. Much is vague and difficult to discern, but such is the way of the ancient past
    --------------

For those of you who are not familair with Mistmoore, he is quiet possibly the most powerful being on Norrath. I attempt in this work to cover his hidden empire in detail with what is known. Mayong Mistmoore himself is a Vampire of a dark Elven noble of long ago. The location of his castle (The lesser Faydark) leads me to beleive that he lived (in the more traditional sense) before the break of the elven empire. The great capital city of the elves was located then in the hills of shade, it was called Caerthiel. A vampire's power increases exponetially as they age, and thus it is with Mayong. He must have been a powerful spell caster in his life because he sems to have been the only living being able to keep his mind after transforming into the un-life. Venril Sathir was thwarted by his son, and required the assistance of a god, and Miragul tried it alone, and failed. Mayong is older than both of these creatures. MUCH older. Miragul made notes of Mayong's minions while he was still in erudin (one of the librarians there has a small scrap of Miragul's journal, for a small price.) Mistmoore's power extends too every corner of Norrath. He has cut much of the travel in Kunark to peices by heavy use of Drachnids. Drachnids are half dark elves, half spiders, another foul experiment of Mayong's. The drachnid's are based out of the Dreadlands, but have also set a practical siege upon the compound at Firiona Vie, all at the bidding of Mistmoore. The ocean of tears also bears his mark, as a small contigent of his gragoyles. Mayong Mistmoore's greatest power is located within his castle, which he is hardly ever present. The entire grounds and castle are packed with creatures in thrall to the Vampire lord. These include living well armed dark elves who bow before Mistmoore, as well as lesser vampiric servents. Also full mindless undead (damphryes, will-sappers, etc) dwell within his castle, and a pack of blood wolves below it. A renegade shadowed man is either held by spell or seeks asilum within the Castle, and will not attack anyone unless you have angered the Temple of Ro (he is renegade against his fellow shadowed men). The scarecrows and Jack-o-lanterns in Unrest and the planes of Karana were created by a long dead minion of Mistmoore, as recorded in Miragul's journel. The castle itself is a major obstacle in challenging Mistmoore. Hidden within the Lesser Faydark, it is hard to assail due to the army of dark elves who dwell there, and it's position ontop a steep crag and over a narrow bridge. It isn't a long jump of logic to say that the High elves and Wood Elves launched assalts upon it as they set up thier own cities, seeing as how Mistmoore is the effective simbol of everything they hated. Mistmoore himself does not follow any god. He helped to defeat Lanys T'vl after she was disowned by Innoruuk, and complete Malevolence, but he does not follow Innoruuk. He did not interfere when Cazic Thule took temporary control of the lesser faydark. He did directly oppose the Ring of Scale, and by assosiation, Veeshan herself (as a Dragon is to an Elf, so is Veeshan to the greater gods, such as Tunare, Bertoxxulos, or Thule...). This leads me to beleive that Mistmoore has nearly godlike powers on his own, otherwise he would have been smashed. It is unknown his relationship with Miragul, although both knew of eachother. It is similarly unknow how he treats with Venril Sathir, although i would assume decent relations, the castle in the dreadlands (Karnor's) is in Venril's hands, and the Drachnids in the Dreadlands seem to protect it. Mistmoore opposes the joint Bard guilds
    Mayong Mistmoore and Tserinna Syl'Tor can be traced all the way back to the Teir'Dal Empire of Caerthiel and its earliest roots being that of Odus. Castle Mistmoore is the last hold of the Teir'Dal Empire that once was. Captain Rohand of the Maiden‘s Lure speaks of his travels, as well an ancient vampire that has been said to haunt the lands of Faydwer. (Mayong Mistmoore was removed from Castle Mistmoore at release due to bad pathing issues. His agro radius was the entire zone, thus training the castle. The model that had been used for Mayong Mistmoore is now used for the Maestro of Rancor, located in the Plane of Hate.) The creatures of Mayong Mistmoore and Tserinna are still found across the Karana Plains to which were left as a result of their involvements. A librarian of the Erudin Library sells a copy of a page from the journal of Miragul, foretelling of how Tserinna experimented with magics to which a soul was bound to objects, hence creating the first Scarecrow. This is also evident from the animated suits of armor upon the third floor of her tower. Miragul had spent much time with the Teir'Dal people to master the dark arts that he might cheat death. Mistmoore's curse of Lycanthropy likewise still accurses the Karana Plains to this day. Werewolf hunters can even be found wandering the Northern Karana's. Mayong Mistmoore is the father of Lycanthropy as is known from speaking with Lord Nethryn the Artributo of the Realm of Heroes, from Felwithe. Tserinna built her Tower of Frozen Shadow in Vellious by entombing the mountain spirits of the Stonebrunt Mountains. They were trapped within stone, and the stone used to forge her twisted spire which stands as a blight upon the lands of shadow and ineffable darkness. This taken from an account of the Kejekan, that dwell within the mountain passes. Mayong Mistmoore came to despise dragonkind for many ages along with Venril Sathir, and his line. His hatred towards dragons is believed spawned by the long time Knowledge of the Crystal Claw of Veeshan. Of the line of Sathir was spurned at the hands of the disappearance of Dencarja and the Imperatrix Zhelebati Thex of Caerthiel. It was said that neither Dencarja nor Imperatrix Zhelebati could be seen in either the lands of the dead or the living. Do they yet remain somewhere on Norrath or trapped in another world? The Betrothal of Mistmoore and Syl'Tor During the time of Mayong Mistmoore's hunting of Veeshan and her brood, Mayong Mistmoore was to wed Tserinna. Tserinna was once a mortal but then embraced by a kiss of darkness, entering into a state of vampiric undeath at the hands of her lover. The two would be wed and portraits of her beloved were placed throughout the dreary spire. It was from Tserinna that Miragul the father of Heretics and first hero of Trakanon mastered the arts of lichcraft. Upon her wedding night she approached Mayong Mistmoore a gift to her betrothed. It was here that she gave him the ultimate gift of magic in the form of the worlds one and only known dragon lich, the Dracolich that now wanders the realm of Cazic Thule. Mistmoore rebuked her for this gift and declared her an abomination fearing wrathe from on high. Tserinna in her anguish in turn slew the wedding party within the tower, and to this day they yet remain in the torments of undeath. The portraits of Mayong Mistmoore were likewise defaced as well. To this very day Tserinna carries the Phylactery of the Dracolich in the form of a Soulstone upon her person, a bitter memory of the past (it is also revealed through the quest dealing with Garzicor that precious gems can be used to contain the spirits of Dragons). Upon approach to the dismal tower can be heard the feint beating of a heart. Is that the soul of a dragon crying out for release or that of the souls crying out i unison trapped within the makeup of the tower? Shadow Guardians litter the snowy wastes outside the tower, and within the tower can be found "Shadows" dwelling within. These Shadows and Shadow Guardians are neither living nor dead, neither are they undead. There are also shadows upon Luclin, especially within the area of Shar Vahl. Are these shadows what remains of lost erudites that were moved with the city when the Erudites attempted to use their weapon against the Heretics? They seem exactly as if the Shadow Men that seemingly oppose the Temple of Solusek Ro. Within the Maidens Eye upon Luclin can be found the agents of The Burning Prince. What part did Tserinna play in the first war of the gods?

It was here that Lanys held Khasra in an attempt to call out Mayong Mistmoore and gain the last piece of Malevolence. Mayong Mistmoore in response foretold King Naythox Thex who marshaled the core of his armies upon Lanys and her followers. They had been winning the battle but it was then that Lanys knowing what had transpired at the hands of Mayong Mistmoore and she slit the throat of Khasra. Khasra who was not just Mayong Mistmoore's ward, but a vampiric ghoul to which he sired. This set the Lord of the Damned into terrible rage. It is said there as a flash within the air and an enraged Mayong Mistmoore appeared, making his charge upon the Child of Hate. Bodies fell to the wayside in haste as Mayong Mistmoore cleared a path to Lanys and swiftly brought her to her knees. From the unconscious form of Lanys, Mayong retrieved the other two pieces of Malevolence and made them whole against the wishes of the King. He turned to Dorvias, "you know what to do with this", and passed the artifact to the Dorvias N'Keth. The skies churned black and thunder boomed as the Avatar of Hate then made his appearance, routing what remained of Primordial Malice. The arch priest of Innoruuk turned over Malevolence to the Avatar of Hate. In turn the Avatar turned upon the imprisoned Valizrae D'Tora that had been held by Primordial Malice and recently freed and struck her dead where she stood. "Perhaps as an undead servant she would be easier to control...", were his last words which followed by the stench of brimstone and the stormy skies subsided giving way to the starry heavens above. You say, 'Who is Mayong Mistmoore'
    Barkeep Uulianu says 'Mayong Mistmoore is a reclusive person. None have seen him. He stays within Castle Mistmoore. His supplies are picked up at the docks of Butcherblock by his servants. Every so often they stop at Kelethin or Felwithe. It is best they do not come at all. They reek of evil.
    You say, 'where can I find Mayong Mistmoore'
    Barkeep Uulianu says 'It is said that Castle Mistmoore is a dark and dreary place. None visit there. I have heard of a few who have received invitations. They have never returned or been seen since. Do not seek this place out. No good shall come of it.
    You say, 'What Breastplate do you craft?'
    Ulan Meadowgreen says 'Deep within the depths of Castle Mistmoore live a particularly deadly clan of Werewolves. These are the servants of [Mayong], and he has enchanted the most ferocious of them that their talons might cut through steel. I wish to study these talons, and see if I can transfer the enchantments from them to the Crafted Armor that I make. If you bring me Werewolf talons and 3 [Rubies], then I will give to you a Breastplate the likes of which you have never before seen.
    You say, 'Who is Mayong?'
    Ulan Meadowgreen says 'Mayong Mistmoore is the ruler of Castle Mistmoore. He has ruled there for centuries, and will most likely rule for centuries more to come. It is said that he does not age.
    'Khasra Vei'Ras laughs, Zavo is NOT in league with Trakanon, I assure you. She serves the ring of scale most faithfully.. a pity.
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'Yes, Mistmoore. It has, but not quite the pleasure you see it as.'
    Mayong Mistmoore turns a stern, cold glance to the priest. Mayong Mistmoore says, 'I shall decide whether or not she is of any use to me or not, your grace.'
    Dorvias N`Keth says, 'Of course.... Lord Mistmoore.'
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'I... thank you, Zavo`Zatanov, for your aid...'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'It is good to see even the Arch Priest of Innoruuk in his place.'
    Mayong Mistmoore makes a faint motion with his hand and gentle nod toward Khalor. Mayong Mistmoore says, 'However...'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'How have I aided you?'
    Mayong Mistmoore turns his glance to all gathered.
    Dorvias N`Keth raises an eybrow.
    Khasra Vei`Ras says, 'Cease your disrespect, Lenyfix, or I shall deal with you most harshly'
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'How naive would you all be to not know that the Ring of Scale would not already know of your actions? If they would wish to keep the Staff safe, they will do so. After all, your grace...'
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'Was it not you who was within the lands of Kunark mere hours ago, searching for the staff through one of Sathir's agents?'
    Dorvias N`Keth hesitates.
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'Yes, Dorvias, we know much of what goes on in Norrath. Even more so in Kunark.'
    Khasra Vei`Ras says, 'Do not insult my maste'
    Dorvias N`Keth says, 'I only wished to... bolster our efforts towrds halting Lanys'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'Can you not control, your whelp, Mayong?'
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'Allow Lanys her unveiled self-inflicted torments. The Gem shall not fall into her hands so long as it is within my possession...'
    Zavo`Zatanov points at Khasra.
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'Of that, I assure all of you.' Mayong Mistmoore Raises a brow lightly.
    Khasra Vei`Ras says, 'You are brash, Dorvias. You speak without thinking too often.'
    Dorvias N`Keth glares at Khasra, hiding behind her Master.
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'This is all the aid I shall give to this quest -- and know that I and my minions are in no way allied to the Crimson Triad... or anyone else, for that matter.'
    Khasra Vei`Ras says, 'You go too far, Arch Priest.'
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'So long as Lanys does not gain the staff, I care not as to what happens between the Teir`Dal, Innoruuk, and their fallen little child.'
    Khasra Vei`Ras says, 'I hide from no one!'
    Dorvias N`Keth says, 'Perhaps... perhaps I do not go far enough. That is not for you to determine.'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'And the Ring of Scale is in no way allied to the Crimson Triad or Mistmoore. We keep to ourself, though we know much.'
    Ashteth T`Dral says, 'Calm yourself Dorvias, they seek only to help. Innoruuk does not wish conflict today.'
    Mayong Mistmoore turns a glance to Khasra, holding out his hand lightly in invitation for her to take it.
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'Come, my dear. We shall depart for the time being. ' Mayong Mistmoore returns his glance to the arch priest.
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'And your grace... I suggest a little modesty and tact -- it would suit you a bit better.'
    Dorvias N`Keth says, 'I bid you both farewell, I look forward to returning to Kunark.'
    Khasra Vei`Ras turns to Mayong and takes his hand,'Master.' Khasra Vei`Ras beams a smile at Mayong Mistmoore.
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'Farewell, Mayong. Know that the Ring shall keep an eye on your actions.'
    Ashteth T`Dral says, 'Thank you for your assistance Lord Mistmoore' Ashteth T`Dral bows before Khasra Vei`Ras.
    Khasra Vei`Ras says, 'And know this, Zavo'Za.. I have my eye on you as well.. for my own reasons' Khasra Vei`Ras glares.
    Mayong Mistmoore briefly makes a graceful motion with his hand, and immediately he and his minion are envolped in shadow and disappear from sight.
    Ashteth T`Dral says, 'It appears you are the one who is screaming Zikk'
    Dorvias N`Keth says, 'Do not forget me dragon, for I shall not forget the headache you have caused this day.'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'How could I forget one like you Dorvias?'
    Zavo`Zatanov smiles. Zavo`Zatanov says, 'He knows to respect his elders.'
    Ashteth T`Dral says, 'Lanys is searching to piece Malevolence together still.'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'I thank those of you that aided me in defeating, Irin`ka, and those of you that aided him, pray that I do not learn of it. For i am sure that you would be quite tasty.'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'Know this, my opinions of these rumors remains the same. '
    Slovak says, 'How many pieces of Malevolence have been found?'
    Ashteth T`Dral says, 'Lanys has only found one piece thus far'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, '1 piece, Slovak.'
    Ashteth T`Dral says, 'She searches for the second piece as we speak'
    Slovak says, 'How may we mortals help in delaying her?'
    Ashteth T`Dral says, 'No, Lanys has grown quite powerful, you would not be a match for her'
    Zikk says, 'mortals can't we must wait for firona vie or some such'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'He was a companion, nothing more, Zikk. And my history doesn't change.'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'I thought Irin`ka a trusted friend. I was mistaken, but I was biased.'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'I am much more objective on the views of world happenings.'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'I am certain of one thing. There is no war.'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'There is no WAR.'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'I know much of thise world. I have lived many centuries.'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'The gods are not at war, Donjira. All of the events are unrelated.'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'No, Slovak. What is happening with Lanys is separate from what is happening with Cazic and Firiona. Of this I am sure.'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'I have studied long and hard on the history of this world.'
    Donjira says, 'So how shall we classify it when they fight?'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'When who fights, Donjira?'
    Ashteth T`Dral says, 'Lady Zavo, I must take my leave now. If the second piece of Malevolence is within the Ring of Scales possession, Lanys shall surely come for you.'
    Ashteth T`Dral says, 'Be ready for his assault.'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'They have fought against the beginnings of time and it is a conflict that will never end. It is not a war. '
    Ashteth T`Dral says, 'Bertoxxulous has no business in this' Ashteth T`Dral says, 'He is not invovled period'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'Neriak's army and Lanys' forces are gearing up to fight one another. Not the forces of light.'
    Ashteth T`Dral says, 'Bertoxxulous shall not strike' Ashteth T`Dral says, 'None of my visions from Innoruuk speak of Bertoxxulous' Ashteth T`Dral says, 'You question the Prophet to Innoruuk?'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'Faenyar, I have studied Norrath since long before any of you. I would know if a war was on the horizon.'
    Ashteth T`Dral says, 'Lady Zavo is correct in her assumptions, this war you speak of does not exist'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'I was close to Irin`ka. I trusted him. I am not deceived on the goings on of the world.'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'I have come and you have asked me questions.'
    Ashteth T`Dral says, 'If you wish to remain ignorant to the truth, do not ask'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'I have answered them honestly.' Zavo`Zatanov says, 'Believe what you will, but there is no war.' Zavo`Zatanov says, 'And they have asked me about it.' Zavo`Zatanov says, 'As a historian of sorts, I have told you what I know to be true.'
    Ashteth T`Dral says, 'I do not believe any have spoken of this war but yourselves'
    Ashteth T`Dral says, 'So long as the staff remains in pieces, there is no threat'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'We cannot allow this staff to be made whole again!'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'This is not an option.'
    Ashteth T`Dral says, 'If it is reassembled and falls into the hands of Lanys, she shall surely attempt to destroy the Teir`dal nation' Ashteth T`Dral says, 'Along with anyone else who stand in her way' Ashteth T`Dral says, 'She was spurned by Innoruuk, there is now a new chosen'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'Lanys has fallen from grace.' Zavo`Zatanov says, 'The Ring of Scale has always taken care of itself, and it always shall.'
    Ashteth T`Dral says, 'Lanys has fallen from the grace of Innoruuk' Ashteth T`Dral says, 'She still retains her power, but not her position'
    Ashteth T`Dral says, 'Valizrae D`Tora, still but a child, is the new chosen.'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'There is much to be learned from watching, Donjira.' Zavo`Zatanov says, 'Where do you think that my wisdom comes?' Zavo`Zatanov says, 'She is the Daughter of Innoruuk. His blood runs through her.'
    Ashteth T`Dral says, 'Her power is not funneled to her by Innoruuk, it was given to her completely at birth.' Ashteth T`Dral says, 'Until her death, she shall continue to wield it'
    Zavo`Zatanov says, 'I must be off to report all of this to the Ring of Scale. Thank you again for helping me with Irin`ka Set.'
    Ashteth T`Dral says, 'Malevolence was disassembled because it has the ability to take power from Innoruuk'
    Zavo`Zatanov nods to those in attendance. Zavo`Zatanov says, 'Learn from my words. I speak the truth.'
    You say, 'What disease'
    Lord Nethryn the Arbitrato says 'The Vampire Lord Mayong Mistmoore, who continues his tyrannical and monstrous rise in power within our neighboring forest, had begun to manifest his power in attempts to further his dominion over the continent of Faydwer. In the lord's attempts, he unleashed the lycanthropy virus upon the forests, infecting many of our nation's people. In time, the virus had been eliminated and was no longer a threat. The [souls] of those who were unfortunate enough to meet the council did not survive, but were avenged.
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'Forgive me, miladay. I realize how much of a disappointment this must be to you, to awaken and only a few moments thereafter find yourself in death's hand'
    Mayong Mistmoore begins to cast a spell.
    Mayong Mistmoore tries to cast a spell on you, but you are protected.
    Allaynia has been slain by Mayong Mistmoore!
    Nuborisha has been slain by Mayong Mistmoore!
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'Now, who else shall test my mood?'
    Mayong Mistmoore continus with the young dragon.
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'Yuor pain shall be brief, but not without a few more moments upon this world'
    A young dragon hisses at Mayong Mistmoore, "The immortal lord sends henchmen to do his own work? Pathetic you are, Lord Mayong Mistmoore. It is quite an enigma why the Ring of Scale has not yet disposed of you.
    Mayong Mistmoore chuckles at A young dragon.
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'Tis a pity that you see it this way, milady. Enough of the meaningless insults, yes? There is somethingt of more importance with which I require your assistance.'
    A young dragon laughs.
    A young dragon says, 'The immortal lord, who has fought the Children of Scale for countless years...now turns to the aid of one fledgling of that same brood he fights?'
    A young dragon says, 'This day is filled with strange events, indeed'
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'The shard, milady. Tell me the tales and rumors of which you have heard.'
    A young dragon lowers her head once again to the ground, "Rumors of which I have heard reguarding this shard you seek?
    A young dragon says, 'I know of only one rumor, but know that it is only a rumor, and should not be confused with fact'
    Mayong Mistmoore grins evilly at A young dragon.
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'Of course, milady.'
    A young dragon says, 'The Lady Vox, when she was cast out of the Ring, marked a traitor to her own, was said to have fled with the shard as her final revenge upon the Ring. It is said that she clutches the shard within her own claw.'
    A young dragon says, 'That is all I know'
    Mayong Mistmoore raises his hand, motioning for Lord Galendore to approach.
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'Galendore, there is a man whom I whish you to seek, someone of great power as well as being eminently expendable'
    Lord Galendore says, 'Where would one find this man, milord?'
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'He has taken a brief residence within Dagnor` Cauldron. We will need him to retrieve a shard. For what reasons, he need not know. The reward for his assistance and success shall be great'
    Mayong Mistmoore turns back to the dragon, nearly uncounscious from the wounds she has suffered.
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'Thank you milady, for your cooperation. Unfortunately, you must take your leave'
    Mayong Mistmoore bows before A young dragon.
    Mayong Mistmoore begins to cast a spell.
    A young dragon has been slain by Mayong Mistmoore!
    Mayong Mistmoore turns his head from Lord Galendore and faces the crowd, eyeing the individuals as they scowl at the vampire and his Tier`Dal minion.
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'Make use of the services of these pathetic mortals about you as the man you shall be seeking is not one to be underestimated. Be swift, Lord Galendore, as our time grows short.'
    Auto attack on.
    You try to kick Mayong Mistmoore, but Mayong Mistmoore is INVULNERABLE!
    You try to slash Mayong Mistmoore, but Mayong Mistmoore is INVULNERABLE!
    Auto attack off.
    Lord Galendore shouts, 'Those who seek glory, for any reason, and your intents matter not, step forward! Those who wish to prove themselves shall be rewarded greatly'
    Lord Galendore shouts, 'Step toward me now, seekers of glory, and you shall find your treasures at the hands of Mistmoore!'
    ...(Running after Lord Galendore)...
    You have entered Dagnor's Cauldron.
    Lord Galendore says, 'I can not go any further into this area, for reasons I shall not discuss with you. Seek out Kivgor Illbriar and tell him that a proposition is to be made to him'
    Lord Galendore says, 'I expect to see him here shortly, so do not fail me lest you iincur the wrath of my master. Go now, and do not return here until you have Kivgor at your side'
    Lord Galendore shatters a vial of liquid at his feet and vanished into a cloud of smoke...
    ...(looking for dwarf)...
    Kivgor Illbriar peers out into the crowd with his one good eye, his upper ip curled up in a sneer, exposing the remains of his teeth, stained yellow from the tobacco packed inside his cheeks.
    Kivgor Illbriar says, 'Hmm. Well, what kin it 'urt to try? Eh? Well Alright I can go with ye to this.. Lord.. Galendore.. but watch ye backs and ye pockets, as if this be a trap.. I will nae think twice about slittin yer throat n pickin ye dry...'
    Kivgor Illbriar says, 'Lead on buggers.'
    Kivgor Illbriar says, 'Aye. Well laddies... w'ere iz this Lord?'
    Lord Galendore a small column of smoke rises from the ground revealing Lord Galendore...
    Lord Galendore bows.
    Lord Galendore forces a smile of respect across his twisted face.
    Lord Galendore nods towards the filthy dwarf standing among the crowd.
    Lord Galendore says, 'Kivgor Illbriar, would you please step forward? I have a small business proposition for you'
    Kivgor Illbriar makes his way through the crowd, pausing for a moment in mid-step, he turns his head toward the ground.
    Kivgor Illbriar opens his mouth, a deep gurgling emerges from the dwarf's throat as he spits the tobacco onto the ground.
    Lord Galendore raises his head slightly at the dwarf, a sneer of impatience crossing his brow.
    Kivgor Illbriar wipes his jaw with his forearm before proceeding towards the Teir'dal.
    Kivgor Illbriar says, 'These 'lil buggers tell me that ye wanted ta' 'ave a meetin' with me, fer a proposition.. er somethin' to that effect, aye?'
    Kivgor Illbriar reaches into the small pouch, pulling a small bit of tobacco and places it in between his lower lip and jaw.
    Lord Galendore says, 'Yes, they have informed you correctly, Kivgor'
    Kivgor Illbriar raises an eyebrow at the Teir'dal, puffing out his red cheeks as he spits a bit of brown juice onto the ground.
    Kivgor Illbriar says, 'Yeh yeh, I already got that part... but WHAT is it exactly ye want me t'do? And 'ow much are ye goin' t'be payin' me t'do yer work?'
    Lord Galendore says, 'It is a small task and shouldn't be too far out of your league. There is a family relic that is dear to my master, something that is even older than he'
    Lord Galendore says, 'Unfortunately, this treasure has fallen into the grasps of the White Lady, Vox'
    Lord Galendore says, 'Your task, if you choose to accept, is to retrieve this shard from the dragon's lair'
    Kivgor Illbriar raises his eyebrows in surprise towards Lord Galendore. Opening his mouth to speak, he is interrupted by the Teir'dal's words.
    Lord Galendore says, 'We have heard greatly of your abilities, as well as that of many other. We sought you first, as we have great faith in you, Kivgor'
    Lord Galendore says, 'If you do not accept this task, then we shall ask another, although in truth, you prove to be the one of most worth'
    Kivgor Illbriar closes his jaw, turning his head as he scans the area around him. His eyes gleaming with interest, he takes a few steps closer to Lord Galendor.
    Kivgor Illbriar says, 'That be true, dark one?'
    Lord Galendore grins wickedly at the dwarf.
    Lord Galendore says, 'Aye, Kivgor, every word'
    Kivgor Illbriar says, 'Alright then, I'll take up yer little job.'
    Lord Galendore nods in approval towards Kivgor Illbriar and extends his hand for the dwarf to take.
    Lord Galendore says, 'A most wise choice, Kivgor'
    Kivgor Illbriar reaches out to take the hand of Lord Galendore, forcefully shaking the Teir'dal's hand in agreement.
    Clouds spread over the sky, concealing the rays of the sun from the waters of Cauldron
    The light now a murky gray, shadows begin to rise from the corners of the lake, coming together over the Dwarf and Teir`Dal as a towering pillar of darkness. Stopping out of these same shadows, a tall figure approaches the dwarf
    It begins to rain.
    ...(Mayong Mistmoore appears)...
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'Excellent. You have done well this day, Galendore.'
    Mayong Mistmoore turns to the dwarf, staring curiously at the vampire standing before him.
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'And you, young Kivgor Illbriar. I welcome you to my services. I assure you that you will not come to regret your decisions.'
    Kivgor Illbriar turns his head to the side once again, letting out another spit of the brown fluid from the tobacco beneath his lip.
    Kivgor Illbriar says, 'I take it this be the big boss, Lord Mayong Mistmoore 'imself, eh?'
    Mayong Mistmoore grins evilly at Kivgor Illbriar.
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'I am he of whom you speak'
    Kivgor Illbriar says, 'So, when will ye be 'avin me go on this little treasure 'unt for ye?'
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'Immediately'
    Kivgor Illbriar raises an eyebrow, turning his head and glancing quickly around the area.
    Kivgor Illbriar says, 'An ye want me t'go... alone? Or will I be accompanied by....'
    Mayong Mistmoore motions to the dwarf to cease his words.
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'No, Kivgor. You will venture alone, as this is a task requiring much stealth and skill. I feel it would be best for you to go alone due to the nature of this task.'
    Kivgor Illbriar says, 'Oh? Alright then.. I'll fetch yer trinket. Any particular time ye want it back?'
    Mayong Mistmoore flashes a gentle grin of amusement towards Kivgor, "Immediately"
    Kivgor Illbriar spits one last time, barely missing Lord Galendore's shoe. Flashing a toothy grin towards Mayong, the dwarf throws down a small potion, the glass bottle shattering as it hits the ground.
    Kivgor Illbriar is surrounded by a massive cloud of smoke and dust, fading away from view as the smoke is blown with the wind...
    Mayong Mistmoore leans towards Lord Galendore.
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'Somehow, I do not feel that this dwarf will be successful as anticipated. Your thoughts, Galendore?'
    Lord Galendore says, 'He has promise, but I believe his ego and overweighted vanity would prevent him from succeeding'
    Mayong Mistmoore lowers his head in thought, grazing his chin with his hand. For a moment, he pauses and then turns his head to Lord Galendore.
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'Galendore...'
    Lord Galendore says, 'aye, milord?'
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'send for the priestess, as well as Khasra. They shall accompany you to the caverns of the north where you will ensure the dwarf's victory.'
    Lord Galendore bows before Mayong Mistmoore.
    Lord Galendore says, 'Immediately, milord'
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'Galendore, one more thing before you go.'
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'These mortals...'
    Mayong Mistmoore waves his hand in the direction of the crowd.
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'Which of these mortals has been of greatest service to you this day, Galendore?'
    Mayong Mistmoore eyes the crowd as he speaks to Lord Galendore, searching the minds of those around for Galendore's answer.
    Lord Galendore points at Terok. Yeah you!
    Lord Galendore says, 'That one, milord, Terok I believe is his given name. One who isnt too bright, but provided as much help as can be expected from a mortal'
    Mayong Mistmoore leans down further towards Lord Galendore's ear.
    Mayong Mistmoore keeps his eyes upon the one Galendore indicated as he whispers a series of words to the Teir`Dal in a language unknown to any who dwell within this realm and time.
    Lord Galendore nods at Mayong Mistmoore.
    Lord Galendore approaches Aludian, his hands dropping to the elaborately embroiderd belt around his waist.
    Lord Galendore stops infront of Terok, noding in respect as he removes the belt from his waist.
    Lord Galendore gently folds the belt in half, keeping his eyes locked upon those of Terok's as he outstreches his arms in offering of the belt.
    Mayong Mistmoore closes his eyes and lowers his head and he thanks, Aludian. From behind a mask of shadows, the vampire opens his eyes, staring into Terok's eyes.
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'I shall not forget your services to me, mortal child.'
    Mayong Mistmoore raises his head as he walks towards Terok. Stopping only inches from Terok, Mayong raise his wrist up to his chest, his dark robes folding down his forarm.
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'As I shall not forget you, neither shall you forget me.'
    Mayong Mistmoore lifts his other hand to his wrist, slashing violently across the blue flesh with his claw-like nails.
    Mayong Mistmoore reaches into the folds of his robes, withdrawing a small vial encased within a bat's skull to the open wound, allowing the vial to completely fill.
    Mayong Mistmoore lowers his wrist, still holding the vile of his blood up to Terok.
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'Let this be a gift to you, a gift of the most personal nature.'
    Mayong Mistmoore raises his head, tilting it slightly to the side as he speaks, his voice now trembling with strength.
    Mayong Mistmoore says, 'A warning to you, child. To accept this, is to do nothing, but to drink of it, is to pledge yourself to me. Eternity's Knight, forever you shall be.'
    Mayong Mistmoore grins sadistically at Terok as he hands over the vial.
    Mayong Mistmoore chuckles evily.
    Mayong Mistmoore bows.
    Sornita Eltern says 'Oh yes. Very good friend. Here is the document I was speaking of. It would seem to be part of a larger body of work, but this page describes a TeirDal who it seems was instrumental in creating the head of the very first scarecrow. You may keep that as it is mearly a magical duplicate of the original document which I have carefully hidden.
    You gain experience!!
    [Receive a torn parchment] ..I have seen on all of Norrath. She was completely under the thrall of Mayong. But, I found her research on confining a soul within a golem of straw intriguing. You say, 'hail Black Dire'
    Black Dire says 'So, you've come. I suppose my brothers have sent you to lead me back to their flock. Those fools are so blinded by their devotion they know nothing of life. If they only knew the power I've become, the luxuries I've amassed, the pleasures I've known, they too would leave that sour and unrewarding existence in seconds. You know, you could come to know what I have, shaman. You found me, which speaks of your intelligence; we could use you. What do you say, Waring ? [Will you join] my master Mayong Mistmoore?
    You say, 'I will NOT join you'
    Black Dire says 'Good shaman, now bare your neck that I may show our master your devotion in death. The more blood you spill upon the grass, the more impressed our Lord Mistmoore will be. Then maybe, just maybe, you will be allowed to scour our kitchen floors in the eternity of unlife. TEAR him to pieces, my wolves!
    Tower of Frozen Shadow: Why are there pictures of mayong mistmoore hanging all over the place? Why are they all defaced?
    Tserrina and Mistmoore are "involved". Or were at least.
    --End--
    As a side note, I believe the current in game lore, sets Lord Mistmoore in old Neriak residing with the former/current "Queen" of the Dark Elves...one can only assume what they do to pass the time.
  14. ARCHIVED-alerka Guest

Back in EQ1 when the Trolls were the onlt race with regeneration, there was an explanation for this in one of the manuals.

Cazic-Thule created the trolls by combining the mud of the swamps as their flesh, the slime of the waters as their blood, and the rocks of the banks as their bones. Their regenerative properties came from the way the swamp filth and algae was constantly growing.
  15. ARCHIVED-MoD1133 Guest

Darkdesrye the color of dragons do not matter at all but the element they hold matters so one white and one red does not matter its one fire and one ice.
  16. ARCHIVED-soulpurge Guest

Im looking for the exact or near exact year the eldar age began / the creation of dark elfs? and how old is the planet ( of norrath )

can any one help me out?
  17. ARCHIVED-CerysArnal Guest

its amazing the work you guys put into this , I cant imagine how you have time to play. :0
    Awsome,
  18. ARCHIVED-Jaranna Guest

Do you play a necromancer in the game, too, or just on the forums? ;)

Regarding the age of the Norrath: It's impossible to tell. The histories written deal only in pretty vague periods of time called "Ages," which mark major events in history. The Ages can vary in length from just a few years to many centuries. Also complicating things is the fact that elves, despite the RPG's age chart, seem ageless. Cristanos Thex, the dark elven queen, for example, is the same queen that was taken from Takish Hiz by Innoruuk. Opal Darkbriar, known better in EQ2 as The Foci, is reportedly one of the first Teir'Dal that were created when the Koada'Dal finally invaded the Plane of Hate, only to be stranded there.

As such, it's impossible to pin down an exact age of Norrath, or even to nail down a number of centuries since the Elddar Age.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

HEY! A thread on this forum I haven't responded to yet.

Anyway. There is no deffinitive chronological recording of when anything happened in EQ. The Ages in EQ were never stated how long they lasted, or for that matter how old Norrath is.
  20. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

The age of the planet and even of the races is virtually impossible to nail down.

There is circumstancial evidence that Norrath may be older than anyone really expects. There is firm evidence that there were many races, many of them unrelated to the ones currently running the planet, who existed before the "Gods" arrived. (Including Rodcet Nife's race, the race of dragon killers whos necropolis spawned Bertox, etc....)

There is also evidence (from PoP so it's EQII history too. :p ) that the origin stories of some of the races here may not be all that they seem. (ie there is a Dark Elves in Plane of Justice who seems to predate the era indicated in the Dark Elf origin story and who doesn't even seem to know who Innoruk was)