The Truth from an SOE forum poster.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Peeler, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Peeler New Member

Quote from stickied SOE Employee in Official News and Announcements:

AA Reset - Before you jump in and start mass pulling mobs to start leveling, check your AAs. They have been reset and you will need to re-allocate them!

End quote.

As there is a solo quest line to even get access to anything remotely 'mass-pull-able' here we have a direct SOE admission that to level to 95 for CoE content you need to mass pull old content.

Oh and by the way, it is 'levelling' not 'leveling'.
    Ximbaba and Guiscard like this.
  2. Gilasil Active Member

The only thing I read into that quote is an acknowledgement that many people mass pull mobs.

Which is pretty obvious and doesn't say anything about having to do it.

Seeing as how I got to 92 without the need to mass pull mobs, I'm doubtfull it's necessary to get to 95.

My plan is to do what's fun. This will hopefully mean playing the new content with occasional time outs for other pursuits.
    Rogue4Life likes this.
  3. Ssrilith Member

Lol, her comment doesnt necessarily mean what you are implying. As Gil said, it sounds as they she is just reminding us to set our AAs before we do level up HOWEVER we CHOOSE to do it.
    Rogue4Life, Kaluyen and Terein like this.
  4. Peeler New Member

Read it how you will ^^
  5. Stormkiller Member

Mass pull is not meant to be taken literally it is a joke
  6. Regolas Well-Known Member

Geez it's just an expression
    Terein likes this.
  7. Kokorobosoi Active Member

Remember to breathe now... Dont confuse game with real life
    Rogue4Life likes this.
  8. Nebula Member

It means that if you forget to reset your AAs, and are used to mass pulling, you'll end up dead.
    It's a friendly reminder, not a guide to levelling :p
    Yavete likes this.
  9. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I was mass pulling things on the intro zone beach area on beta... so nothing wrong with that warning. I think you're just bitter. Raid zones aren't blocked (really I think heroic shouldn't have been either but you only need one person with access).

Oh and by the way...

Wizgian likes this.
  10. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

When in doubt, Google it!
    "Leveling" gets 50 million hits, "Levelling" 11 million.
  11. flameweaver Well-Known Member

And that's the difference between British and American English spelling and their respective population sizes !!! ;)
  12. Mohee Active Member

Regardless if GM was being funny or not... mass pulling and grinding CoV/Chelsith/Sebilis/Chardok will still be the fastest way to level to 95 :p
    Solo questing, zones, new dungeons, will reward you with hardly any xp. :D
  13. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

14. Ridolain Active Member

Leveling - http://www.thefreedictionary.com/leveling

And levelling -
    Levelling (or leveling in American spelling) is a branch of surveying, the object of which is to
    1. Find the elevation of a given point with respect to the given or assumed Datum.
    2. Establish a point at a given elevation with respect to the given or assumed Datum.
    Levelling is the measurement of geodetic height using an optical levelling instrument and a level staff or rod having a numbered scale. Common levelling instruments include the spirit level, the dumpy level, the digital level, and the laser level.

Ah the English language! And now we all know. (Actually I found this interesting the differences yet the spelling being the same)
  15. Kalderon Well-Known Member

I did compare 2 zones, sky1 and chelsith. Did total chelsith (without nameds ^^) and ended up with 30% xp, then i did sky1 (without nameds) and get around 45%. I stick with Sky1, as i´m sick of chelsith ^^ (despite of, chelsith took more time to clear ^^)