The Triumph of Fear HQ - update issue

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Hijinx, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Hijinx Well-Known Member

A guildie and I ran the timeline this morning to prepare for the new expansion. It all went smoothly until we got into the Freeport instance for this quest. The problem is with the supply boxes you light on fire. Only one person gets the updates - which would be fine if there were more boxes or they respawned in a reasonable time frame. After waiting for an exceedingly long time for the boxes to respawn, my guildmate was still 1 short of completion. Because it had taken so long, we took a chance and zoned out to see if that helped. Fwiw, it did :) However, the problem should never have occurred to begin with.

As with the Path of Fear update problem, I think people are going to be very unhappy when they can't complete new content because they are running into bugs in old content.
    Chiffon likes this.
  2. Chiffon Active Member

This also happened to me and my friend when we grouped. I agree that clicking the supply boxes should be a group update. If this was done with a full group, you would have to zone in and out many times for everyone to get their updates, as there is only a total of 9 supply boxes in one zone.
  3. timelord5 New Member

Did this last night with similar problems - but we took the chance and zoned out, flew back to the bell and re-entered the clickables were replaced and we were able to finish. The quest doesn't need to be deleted and started again. Just go back.
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Thanks for the information! I've made the following change, but it hasn't been pushed live yet. It'll be bundled with some other Greenmist heritage quest line changes.
    • The Triumph of Fear - Starting fires throughout the city is now a group update.
    Keep an eye on the update notes to know when it's gone live.

~ Kaitheel
    Shmogre likes this.
  5. Ratza Well-Known Member

When I did this with my husband...we did a 3-2-1-click count and that way we both got the update when we clicked the box together
    Kaitheel likes this.