The Town of Mishaps by Xalandra

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Xalandra, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Xalandra Well-Known Member

Well after a two year absence I decided to finish a project I had been working on for a little over a year now. I'm unable to post screen shots, but here's the info below if anyone is interested to view in person :)

Server: Skyfire
    Title: The Town of Mishaps
    Owner: Poinsettia
    Decorator:Xalandra
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! If you have any kind of a file-sharing site, like Imgur or Photobucket (can't recall which of those was being a schmuck about posting to any other site but theirs without an exorbitant monthly fee) or, best of all imho, www.DeviantArt.com (and no, I'm not compensated by them for recommending them, it's just the one I use and really like; it's free ;->), that's how you get screenshots published here in the forums. I don't necessarily recommend Facebook, even though I'm there too, simply because it usually insists you become a member to see anything anyone's ever done there, ever. :-/

At any rate, here's what I do:

1. Obtain a screenshot. Use Paint or whatever you like to spruce it up/edit it/whatever.

2. Get it published or whatever they call it into your third-party site of choice, however they prefer to do that. What I like to do at that point is have No Comments, No Souvenirs Made From This of Any Sort 'cause it's someone else's intellectual property, and to cover my rear, my usual descriptive is something along the lines of "This is a screenshot from Everquest 2, owned by Daybreak Games. All rights reserved." etc., just in case.

3. Once it's published, what I do on DeviantArt is right-click on the image, then select View Image from the drop-down list. I'll get a new screen with ONLY my screenshot, a black background, and a very specific URL (for those who don't know, a URL is the "address" of where the image actually lives, like https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/the-town-of-mishaps-by-xalandra.592787/ is for this post) up at the top.

4. I'll highlight the entire URL and Copy it.

5. I'll go here and if I don't have a post open and ready to go already, I'll open one.

6. I'll choose the spot I want to insert the image, much like in Word.

7. While in the open post, I'll click on the li'l "tree in a landscape" icon, to the left of the "filmstrip" icon (for videos, I presume). This will bring up the Insert Image box.

8. I'll Paste the URL into the open line and hit the green Insert button.

9. Voila! :D

There may be easier ways to do this, either from different sites or even within DeviantArt, but that's the way I learned how to do it there through poking around on my own, so being a creature of habit, that's the way I've always done it here. Seems to work! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Xalandra Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the tips Uwk! Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out on Deviantart. I am so not tech savvy lol :p
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, DA's easy. :)

Haven't figured out how to do videos there yet, but it could also require software (and/or hardware) I don't have yet... :-/

And basically, as long as you have file-sharing sites anywhere (except maybe Photobucket or Imgur; not sure which one's being a dork about any other sites looking at YOUR graphics files, without a big whopping extra fee), it should be possible to post things here. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.