The Splitpaw Puzzle Homes - revised consolidated list

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Elduren, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Elduren Well-Known Member

As Splitpaw is soon to be subject to a server consolidation, I thought now was a good time to put together a revised list of my various puzzle homes... turns out there's been a few of them!

Some of them belong to alts, so have added names after each. Have also indicated the difficulty of each puzzle with ***s.

Her Dark Botanicals (Elduren) **
    Conduct a bit of industrial espionage to help the Zero Hours Heroes corner the market on a deadly new poison.

This is probably the one I'm most proud of appearance-wise. It was a herculean task from an architectural point of view - with half of the design having to move at the last minute after discovering a glitch! That black and gold makes it all worth it though. I kept the puzzle reasonably simple - I mostly just wanted to give people a reason to explore it all. One day I may add the mushroom grotto I originally had planned...

[IMG]

A Second Opinion (Faefer) ***
    Conduct research into magical maladies, and relieve the suffering of one of this hospital's patients.

One of my oldest, but still a favourite. It's still (I think) the only house I've come across that hangs off the side of the Tenebrous Isle. I packed an absurd number of comic references in here, from Theme Hospital to Tavuism. The odd books I've written and scattered around it are definitely worth taking time to read. Yes, I laugh at my own jokes a lot.

[IMG]

What I Did On My Holidays... (Elduren) **
    Put together an itinerary of exciting activities to amuse a demanding guild on their vacation.

An attempt to do something more outdoorsy, as I felt I was doing too much with building blocks all the time. So this was me trying to work around absurdly short draw distances!

[IMG]

The Wood Between The Worlds (Joosz) **
    Explore the secrets of this forested nexus that connects many realms.

It's hooked up to many of the other puzzle homes, and so keeps getting unpublished and tweaked all the time. If it's not published, it can be reached from South Qeynos. I probably need to build it again from scratch soon. It's been, um, organic.

[IMG]

Somebody Save Me! (Tadgae) *
    Help a paranoid recluse find out who's out to get him.

This was before I really got the hang of the editor. One day I'll re-build it from scratch! I still like how I got the different areas themed around elements. But I'm sure I could do it better now...

[IMG]

The Same Thing We Do Every Night... (Stichin) *
    Stop a crazed rat from trying to take over the world.

Another old one, but still looking quite pretty. This was before there were separate counts for building blocks. I could make this huge now! White and purple go nicely, don't they? The insides are nice too. Simple, but I still like it.

[IMG]

Whodunnit? (Venomfly) ****
    A classic murder mystery - suspects, weapons, rooms, oh my!

A real struggle to build, and actually not as nicely decorated inside as it should be. But the puzzle is a good tough one, and I really enjoyed doing some creative writing!

[IMG]

Flight School (Elduren) **
    Can you pass an exam to get your wings?

I believe this one used every single bit of my item count - and it was a nightmare to put together! I still love the style though - the colours just really worked well with the zone.

[IMG]

An Heroic Opportunity (Pyrenia) **
    Help out a historian with her research in a museum dedicated to heroes of legend.

It looks a little bare now inside now. Probably my least favourite - so maybe I should go back and dress it up a bit.

[IMG]

Albaquackie: The Wretched Hive (Elduren) ****
    Assist a private detective with a bundle of problems in his casebook.

Oh my goodness, this took forever to make. A city! Why did I decide to make a blasted city?! I used the grotto prestige home so it would have space but no flying - and then found I had to do a crazily long path from the zone-in because of the loading times using teleporters! However, I got to shamelessly steal from Breaking Bad, and hiding a laboratory in the middle of this city is one of my proudest decorating moments!

[IMG]

The Epic Frostfail Plot (Elduren) *
    A supervillain and his gang of rats are trying to ruin Frostfell for everyone! If only someone could figure out his evil schemes...

This was rather fun to make, but I was never happy with the lighting. I just couldn't make it feel warm and festive! I did enjoy all the rat stuff though!

[IMG]

The Worldbuilder's Workshop (Elduren) **
    An over-worked architect is losing the plot.

This was an idea that had been lingering for a while, but took me forever to get cracking with it. I could picture the whole central cylinder with the different levels of the world on it. Putting it into practice (particularly connecting it all together) proved to be really tough.

[IMG]

Double-Oh-Dear (Elduren) *
    Fancy being a secret agent? Well, here's your chance!

Who doesn't like big blue domed roofs? I surprised myself with how quickly I got this put together, and how well it seemed to work. And I still chuckle at the poor frog's predicament!

[IMG]
    Faeonara, Eliohia2, Cheribomb and 2 others like this.
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

Oooh I am glad you did this consolidated list. I don't think I've seen some of these homes yet. :)
    Elduren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There's like one or two I missed, but with my alts on Splitpaw I've visited The Wood Between the Worlds and the Hospital one (don't recall if I solved that one, though), and did the mysteries/tests in: Double-Oh-Dear, The Worldbuilder's Workshop, The Epic Frostfail Plot, Flight School, Whodunnit (think I was first, there!), The Same Thing We Do Every Night... (I think; I know I visited! Very cool!), and I'm still working on What I Did On My Holidays, though I'll have to get my visiting alt dude out of there and back into the holiday madness. Then back in for a well-deserved vacation. ;->

Uwk
    Merriel and Elduren like this.
  4. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

5. Niboota Well-Known Member

Thank you for this list!! I want to come around to your homes, and lists make it easier for me!!
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Elduren Well-Known Member

Have you found my little tribute to you in Al'bacquackie yet? ;)
    Merriel likes this.
  7. Niboota Well-Known Member

No I haven't... I've been super occupied with real life, so I haven't been playing or touring or anything :confused:.
    Merriel likes this.