The Skyshrine Items.

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Daecollo2, Jul 4, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Daecollo2 Guest

Its kind of rediculous these items take so many things to craft 1 piece, meanwhile you could probably loot the same items (with exceptions of the procs.) with better stats, from the same mobs.

Its kind of funny that it takes so many pieces.

Can you make it require 1 of each component, or instead make the droprate for them alot better, like instead of dropping 1 dragon scale, it drops 1 for the entire raid. (still tradable.)
  2. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

You want it to go from 1 drop to 24 at a time? Isn't that a bit like asking for the other drops to be 1 per person instead of 2 per chest? That would only be 12 times as many items instead of 24.
    If you want to increase the amount of drops then maybe ask for a small chance that random parts drop from trash mobs? Maybe doubling the rate that some items drop would be reasonable to ask for. But 24 times as much as the current drop rate? Way, way too much.
  3. ARCHIVED-Daecollo2 Guest

Im saying it should cost 1 thing for all the items (1 component.)

Like the cloak takes 3 Dragon Scales... (1500p.) and then 2 Horns (600p.) then an Eyeball (500p.) ... its rediculous.

Then the same cloak: SLR for 400p... because its much easier to just kill the named... LOL
  4. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

TBH the crafting components both raid and legendary need to be tweaked on their drops....i.e. prime bone golen shards not dropping in raid zones at all(doesnt make sense that one has to raid and kill a quest mob to obtain the raid researcher yet the components are skatter brained in where they drop...I've seen 1 prime bone golem shard drop of a contested that dropped garbage)

Same applies to the legendary drops for wurm tonge and great dragon scales...their drop rates need to be adjusted little bit higher but not to the rate of say maligonian horns but a simple nudge....

In otherwords their drop % need to be looked at.
  5. ARCHIVED-Tylia Guest

Daalilama@Nagafen wrote:
    I agree. The drop rate is absolutely abysmal, especially considering how many dropped items it takes just to make one researched item. Times that by the 24 people on a raid force, and it's going to take a very long time for each member to even get one researched item made. Some changes definitely need to be made.
  6. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

Tylia@Butcherblock wrote:
    Glad I researched the raid mcfabled items (charms/shield/bow) now if only I could persuade my raid to take the week off of doing progression just so we "may" have a chance to get a few prime bone golem shards....but hey least those contested drop some sh*** gear thats worse than our skyshirne gear which is meh as it is.
  7. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Tylia@Butcherblock wrote:
    Each box drops 2 items and 1 tradeskill component. That is 2 and 1/6th of a reward. Of course people will have a real item long before they have a crafted item!
    The beauty of the crafted rewards is that (potentially) you can pick what you need. Closer to the reality though is you put what you got up for sale and use the plat to get what you want. The buyer gets 6 components together to get what they want. Your happier than if you got nothing (2 items in the box, no tradeskill components like last expansion), the buyer is perty happy.
    That is, if they can find a crafter with the recipe. The raid recipes are a PITA.
    The only way you can legitimize more crafted components would be to reduce the number of regular drops. Either by removing random item drops and having trash drop components or removing regular dropped items and having each named mob drop 3-6 of its own component. I don't think that would go over well.