Fixed Internally The Shaman AA Pet Proc "Ancient Claws" is not working

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ryzion, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Ryzion Member

Category: Mechanics
    SubCategory: Combat
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Always Happens

Summary: The "Ancient Claws" Proc from the AA Skill Ancient Pedigree does ot proc at all.

Description: The "Ancient Claws" Proc from the AA Skill Ancient Pedigree does ot proc at all after the skill Ancient Claws was changed to a triggered effect instead of a ability that the pet casts (got changed at the game update Febuary 8th).
    The skill is located in the Shadows AA tree at the end of the third row. I tested it on a defiler and looked it up on the Advanced combat tracker. The Proc does not show up on the combat log. I asked a mystic to search the Proc on the combat log and it wasn't showing up either. All of this was tested on the TLE Kaladim server.
    Juraiya, Kodamungus, Nunja and 13 others like this.
  2. Chath Well-Known Member

Definitely not working for defilers either. Also, if you examine a pet, you'll see a buff for Ancient Pedigree, but no buff for Ancient Claws.
    Forestchild and KaitlynnAM101 like this.
  3. Tyrval Active Member

Yep, it's broken. Combat text did show the pet hitting itself with ancient claws for minimal damage as the only thing.

"<Pet Name>'s Ancient Claws hits <Pet Name> for 331242 magic damage."
    Forestchild and KaitlynnAM101 like this.
  4. Kloo Active Member

This is also happening on live. The clip from ACT below was from doing some testing on the training dummy. Poor puppy killed himself. I noticed that my pet died several times during a heroic run tonight also. Checking the logs, I discovered it was Ancient Claws doing enough damage to the pet to get it killed on a secondary hit from the mob. Luckily this hit showing below was the first one the pet did while testing so I was able to isolate it showing in the parse. It shows as piercing under auto attack

(1646891088)[Thu Mar 10 00:44:48 2022] Smokey's Ancient Claws hits Smokey for 86985026 magic damage.
    (1646891088)[Thu Mar 10 00:44:48 2022] Smokey has killed Smokey.
  5. Kloo Active Member

This has not been fixed. While doing some testing on the training dummy tonight, my poor puppy killed himself again.

(1661915109)[Tue Aug 30 23:05:09 2022] Kilee's Ancient Claws hits Kilee for 136252592 magic damage.
    (1661915110)[Tue Aug 30 23:05:10 2022] Kilee has killed Kilee.
    Forestchild, Jinksie and Myxx like this.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

"Fixed Internally" means that the fix is ready to be patched into the game, but that won't happen until the next patch.
    Forestchild and Breanna like this.
  7. Kloo Active Member

Do we know when it was fixed internally? There doesn't seem to be an indication of when the fix was done or if it's waiting for the next patch. This thread has not been updated since March that I can tell. Of course I could just be blind too and not see it.
    Forestchild likes this.
  8. Taled Well-Known Member

Yeah, typically you would see it in the patch notes for the patch following the 'Fixed Internally' notation being added - however, that notation would have been put up months ago at this point almost certainly, so it *should* have made it to live by this point. Most likely it was fixed in an internal build file that slipped the actual push to live somehow, or the fix didn't actually work and QA failed at testing it properly.
    Forestchild, Breanna and Kloo like this.
  9. Jinksie Well-Known Member

This is definitely happening to my pet as well. Would love to see a fix for it. I feel so awful killing my dog so much. :(

Edit - changed my pet's name so confirmed my pet is killing itself.
  10. Forestchild Well-Known Member

Following this post....
  11. Forestchild Well-Known Member

Jinksie and Twyla like this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

Jinksie and Forestchild like this.
  13. Forestchild Well-Known Member

not sure, but with her making me do another /bug and the other one being linked to her in discord. they should be fixing it hopefully.. I have also upvoted the original one also..
    Twyla and Dude like this.
  14. Nunja Well-Known Member

New

As of 11/2/22 this is still BROKEN!
  15. Nunja Well-Known Member

16. Nunja Well-Known Member

17. Kodamungus Active Member

Congratulations!