The Shadow Odyssey Pre-Order Starts Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Oct 13, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

MonkeyBobNz wrote:
    Well Amazon.com woke up and smelled the coffee:
    I found this new service offerered by Amazon:
    Introducing: International Direct by Amazon!

[IMG] International Direct is a great way to send gifts overseas or purchase that hard to find item. Delivered direct to your door! International Direct offers Amazon customers a unique service: providing duty and tax estimation during checkout and customs clearance by the courier on your behalf. Your order arrives at your door without surprise duty charges or hassles.

The standard shipping for a video game to Australia is $4.99 -- standard service.
    You might want to check it out and see if you can get the boxed version via Amazon.com US.
  2. ARCHIVED-jolissa3 Guest

Maroger wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback but what you probably dont realise is that distribution agreements stop a lot of software from being shipped internationally.
    Screenie below is the message I get when I try to place an international order to Australia. Also the $4.99 service (from memory) is the slow boat option, I would not be that keen on sitting on the sidelines for 3 weeks waiting for it to arrive while everyone else is running around enjoying the new content. Remember all we need is the Key, the box can be thrown in the bin for all I care. Does not matter anyway because we cannot get it shipped to Australia.
    [IMG]
  3. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Maroger wrote:
    I don't think that will work... I just tried using a Mad up address(real street though) to New Zeland and it would not let me ship do to "Access Restrictions".
    IMO what they should do is just give D2D's Aus/EU service(or it's equivilant) the retail code and be done with it... still does not help those that like holding the phycial box... but it's to late at this stage to do anything about it... I would however require any Distributer in the future to offer sell boxed versions of the game in stores.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

I'll pre-order a copy for anyone that wants one over in Europe. Must have PayPal in order to cover the charges of course. And, I'm sure just about anyone can vouch for me. I'm not going anywhere. :)
    Disclaimer: This is a personal offer and has nothing to do with the websites I'm associated with.
  5. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Spyderbite@Venekor wrote:
    Websites accually associate themselfs with a rat like you? :p
  6. ARCHIVED-Despak Guest

Very generous of you, thanks. I may be in touch in the next week if you are still open to the offer.
  7. ARCHIVED-Echapper Guest

What irks me is that Sony know its happening, its not there fault and I recognise that, its RedAnts' BUT... since Sony DO know, if they just tell us to pay more money or go without the bear cub and take the DD option there latterly saying they don’t care about AU customers.
    I appreciate that they want to sell boxed versions etc. but we have a legitimate problem humouring that in Aus. All they have to do is let AU players buy the DD version then send in a request for the mount etc. Once they receive that they can check the billing address from the credit card used on that account. If that’s AUS there’s a fair chance the player is in AUS. This way they still force those people with a choice to make that choice but don’t penalise AU players for having a poor distributor.
    If AU players still want the figurine and a shiny box then there’s still a problem but the majority of people in this and all the other threads I am finding on this issue don’t care about that. They are just after the in-game items.
    Its not perfect but solving 90% of customer’s problems is better than 0%, no?
    EDIT: P.S. just realised game cards would be a bigger issue. I’m betting that the actual number on the card will tell Sony where it was bought (at least country if not more specific). If not then it’s still better to help some players than none!
  8. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

Faell@Najena wrote:
    Sony and or Koch need to lift that geographical restriction with Amazon. .Bug them to lift the restriction.
  9. ARCHIVED-jolissa3 Guest

Maroger wrote:
    Will not happen, SOE simply do not care about the Australian market, I guess we must not be big enough to make a difference.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Tralesh@Splitpaw wrote:
    It's something that anyone could easily do for a fellow player. Doesn't seem generous to me, seems like an obligation to help the community. But, that's how I roll. ;)
  11. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

kela wrote:
    Can you believe it? I've abused Calthine long enough that I guess she and those in the Zam camp felt it was safer to have me in their camp rather than released without supervision. XD
  12. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

We generously allow Spydie to hang out with us, that we may toss out cheese to distract him as a service to the Community :)
  13. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Calthine wrote:
    And the community thanks you. ;)
  14. ARCHIVED-Liljna Guest

Faell@Najena wrote:
    It's not the Australian market, it's the whole market outside the US. I also checked Amazon, and it says under the game, it can only be sold in the U.S.
    So this problem is not only an Australian/NZ one, it's really is all outside the U.S. at this point. I think we should work together, instead of thinking it is a Australian or European problem. It affects all gamers outside the US.
    So it makes it rather absurd to be told be some SoE people that we can just order it from the US, when in reality we can't. Even if I accepted to pay taxes, shipment and wait 4 weeks for it, I'm not able to.
    Copied from Amazion.com:
    Product Details

• Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
    • ASIN: B001EPZD6Q
    • Media: DVD-ROM
    • Release Date: November 18, 2008
  15. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

Last week, I went into my local Gamestop store and put in a preorder for TSO. I asked the (clueless) guy behind the counter about the preorder fluff stuff, and he was like "check in next Monday/Tuesday to see if it came in. I checked on Tuesday with a phonecall, and still nothing had arrived at the store.
    As of this Friday afternoon (2:15 EST), Gamestop 1800 number folks had no idea about anything preorder for TSO. Their website mentions NOTHING about getting any freebie fluff stuff for a preorder. I told the guy that LAST WEEK, their website said something about the stupid pewter direbear and the ingame direbear. He goes to SOE's website (linked below), and he's like "well, I do see links and something mentioned on SOE's website about it, but when I click the links to go to the Gamestop/EB Games sites to preorder, that free stuff is no longer showing up." I could order from Amazon.com, which is STILL offering the free stuff, but I'm to the point of just going with digital download.
    THIS SAME CRAP WITH PREORDER FLUFF HAPPENED LAST YEAR WHEN RoK CAME OUT.

http://everquest2.station.sony.com/buyNow.vm

I'm already being told that the preorder won't even be at the store on the 18th, and it *MAYBE* at the store on the 19th, and the free preorder crap MAY OR MAY NOT be with it. If that is going to be the case, I might as well just do the digital download and get something for a preorder.
  16. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Liljna wrote:
    Doing my part. Have ordered 8 copies so far for folks over seas. Besides getting beaucoup bonus points on my bank card, I'm getting a chance to help a few people so they don't miss out on the pre-order goodies. :)
  17. ARCHIVED-Liljna Guest

Yeah, and it is very nice of you Spyder, it really is.
    But you can't help us all, and besides I would really like SoE to wake up and stop making messes like this one. I want them to improve and make something more fair next year (and make a better deal with the distributor too).
    I would really like that this year to be the last year with these kind of problems.
  18. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Ruckus@Unrest wrote:
    There are NO pre-order stuff for Retail... there ARE a limited number of "Stupid Pewter Direbear", so the earlier you get a copy the better change you have at getting that. However, ALL retail Box Copies WILL get you the Direbear in game pet... even if you order it 2 weeks befor the NEXT expainsion ( though why you would do that I don't know ;) ).
  19. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Liljna wrote:
    I totally agree and it is something we, both those of us in the US that want to support all players, and those outside the US need to keep on SoE even after this expainsion is long out.
  20. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

One Question Kai, If your Character is already 80, does the pet start out as a mount or do you have to level it up independantly?