The Shadow Odysseyâ„¢

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-walaruss, Apr 23, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Zsargrieb3 Guest

I noticed alot of people complaining about how the new expansion will be laid out, but frankly I am looking forward to it. I know alot of people it seems didn't like LDON in EQ1, where as I really enjoyed it alot and rank it among one of my favorite EQ1 expansions(of course, alot people hate Luclin too which was my favorite.) Earning points to gear to me was worth it. of course, I was max level at the time so all the exp i got in LDON went to AA. I'm curious if they will have augments for gear like they did in LDON. If they do, I hope they add the one that gave Dots a chance to crit. I definately hope there are more than 5 heritages I have always enjoyed doing them and have almost all of them now.
  2. ARCHIVED-mopeygothic Guest

Novusod wrote:
    mainly like SS, being the entrypoint to an expansion
    i bet they will make the entire starter area, with all the npc's, merchants etc a perma immunityzone to prevent similar disasters that happened at kp dock
  3. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Narcia@Nektulos wrote:
    Consitering every expainsion prior to this one went the other way as far as over all XP goes, though XP from dungon craws was either scaled back or was even worst when compaired to Solo Questing then we thought. (though they have boosted it some...not enough but some).
  4. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

bryldan wrote:
    Lockjaw, PoS and DMP were the only zones that dropped a single chest.
    Lockjaw would take maybe half an hour and was rather boring, PoS was one of the best fights this game has ever had, and took about 10 - 15 minutes start to finish, and DMP was the single hardest zone this game has ever seen (it was avalible at release, and was killed 4 (5?) times before the level cap was raised to 70, on every server combined).
    PP:R sucked as a zone, but would take 4 - 6 hours to clear. Gates was almost as long, taking 3 - 4 hours to clear, and Courts was large, but fairly easy at 2 - 3 hours. Every zone had drops that guilds would want, so every zone was cleared weekly. Farming eyes for entrance to the godking would take a guild 5 - 10 hours a week, and also drop a few decient items along the way.
    There was more realivent raid content for a top end guild in DoF than there is in RoK (or at the release of any other expansion for that matter).
    As for KoS... its release was LU#20, Lyceum was released with LU#22, and HoS with LU#23 (Fallen Dynasty was LU#24).
    DoF had a bad rep from some zones not being itemized well (or at all) at release, but the zones were there and mostly working.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xanrn Guest

LDoN was a great expansion, that got fubared by Devs and then made pretty much useless by the 2 Craptastic X-pac back to back, Omens and Gates.

The Expansion pack needs more Raiding Zones.
  6. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Noaani wrote:
    If by DMP you mean The Djinn Master's Prism I am pretty sure that it was not available at release since its a t6 zone.
  7. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Ulvhamne@Nagafen wrote:
    Noaani was saying it was available at the Release of DoF, not game launch.

DoF may have been the best for Raiders, but over all content wise it was the most lacking of all the expainsions, with KoS being a very close second.
  8. ARCHIVED-newRokan Guest

So has anyone kept track of how much players of EQ2 have spent since playing from day one!!!
    It is ridiculous that we have to pay $40 for an expansion and newbies get the new expansion plus every other expansion and adventure pack, when players from day one have had to pay full price for everything for 5 years?
    Oh boy some XP potions, Fireworks and rent reduction!!!
    How about some real value here SONY. Maybe $15 for the expansion is a fair price, considering a newbie gets 5 Expansions and a few Adventure packs for $40.
    Not to complain but come on stop taking advantage of long time players...
  9. ARCHIVED-Gauge Guest

newRokan wrote:
    One of the biggest complaints ive had.
  10. ARCHIVED-cj31016 Guest

Twelvegauge@Nagafen wrote:
    I don't claim to know everything, but $15 is probably a bit low considering all the time and resources that goes into producing an expansion. $40 sounds like a fair price. Sure new accounts get al the prior content for "free" when a new expansion is coming out, and I'm sure if you guys wanted to wait another year you could too. I don't like spending the money, but I enjoy the game, and I beleive it's a fair price. TSO is worth $40, the other stuff thrown in, is just that....thrown in
  11. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

newRokan wrote:
    So SoE puts takes an twice as long to develope TSO as it took them to Develope KoS and instead of being willing to pay just a 1/2 more for 2x the development costs, you want a 50% Discount over the last 6 months expainsion... yeah, thats a "Fair" price.... I can't believe the greed of some people.
  12. ARCHIVED-mopeygothic Guest

kela wrote:
    /agree
  13. ARCHIVED-Birna Guest

bryldan wrote:
    Some mothers actually think their childrens' well being are more important than a game, believe it or not. Children need more than the occational bottle and diaper change, they need a parent that is there for them. My hat off to Darlock. She's got her priorities right.
  14. ARCHIVED-soibitum Guest

Origin_Elloyn wrote:
    bet you feel like a jerk now

(all in good fun of course)