The Shadow Odysseyâ„¢

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-walaruss, Apr 23, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-walaruss Guest

Lets talk about the upcoming expansion
  2. ARCHIVED-CRLight Guest

Word Mark EVERQUEST II THE SHADOW OF ODYSSEY

Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: COMPUTER GAME SOFTWARE AND VIDEO GAME SOFTWARE

Standard Characters Claimed

Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK

Serial Number 77451534

Filing Date April 18, 2008

Current Filing Basis 1B

Original Filing Basis 1B

Owner (APPLICANT) Sony Online Entertainment LLC LTD LIAB CO DELAWARE 10202 W. Washington Blvd. Culver City CALIFORNIA 90232

Attorney of Record Lynn S. Fruchter

Type of Mark TRADEMARK

Register PRINCIPAL

Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

I think the elements in this expansion will be the hot topics which we are discussing on the Lore forum these days. =)

1. Erollisi's day lore.

2. Brew day lore.

3. Trakanon's death and the Fate of Norrath quest.

4. Official lore about the ogre and dwarf escape from trolls.

5. April fool's day lore about Draftling and the Mudskipper.

6. Vhalen's leave and his clues in NC.

7. Strange pics in OoB.

8. Prime Healer and Bert's lore.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kel Guest

It's either going to be some kind of revelation revealing a lot of area in parts of norrath we're already in but cannot reach...

or it's going to be based on the Shadowmen.

That's about the best I can figure, from just that title with absolutely no information to go on.

Considering the 'lore' they've been releasing, though, my bet is more on areas we've not been able to reach being revealed to us. Guk, Karana, Odus maybe, MAYBE what's left of Velious.
  4. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

Well you have your two parts...Shadow and Odyssey
    Shadow is either a reference to the past (but I find that unlikely) or a reference to the shadowed men.
    Odyssey - definition = a long wandering and eventful journey . It could refer to the past, but also unlikely in my opinion.

I'm guessing this might be entirely new content based on the shadow men and their lore..and probably involves traveling to their world.
  5. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Just for the sake of relieving all this paranoia that everyone seems to be causing speculating that EVERY LAST LITTLE THING ON NORRATH IS RELATED TO THE SHADOWMEN,I'm hoping the next expansion has nothign to do with them.

Seriously, thats how everyone is acting right now.
    "Oh yeah! That planet used to be called Prime! A famous doctor was named Effin! Effin rearranged is Niffe! ITS RODCET NIFE! HE'S CONNECTED TO THE SHADOWMEN! ZOMG!
    Hey look! That grey rock over there is tinted slightly lighter than all the other grey rocks. IT MUST BE CONNECTED TO THE SHADOWMEN! THAT PROVES IT!!!!!!111!one!!!eleven.

/sarcasm.
  6. ARCHIVED-Origin_Elloyn Guest

Uh, Shadows of Luclin had nothing to do with shadow men... I doubt this expansion will either.

It is more likely that unlike Shadows of Luclin, this shadow will be figurative, as in a dangerous odyssey, ergo journey. Or perhaps even the shadow can be in reference to a new, greater threat.
  7. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    It was about this time last year that I heard rumors that Rise of Kunark was trademarked to be the next expansion so this Shadow of Odyssey sounds like a definate possibility.
    With a name like Shadows of Odyssey can you really NOT expect it to deal with shadow people?
  8. ARCHIVED-vladsamier Guest

I hope this expansion RANDOMLY has MAYONG MISTMOORE like every other expansion...

Venekor also has not been used in 2 expansions, he's due for some more time of fame!
  9. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

I hope this expansion features frequent use of the letters F and S because people keep insisting on them being part of the english alphabet. :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Themaginator Guest

Inquis@Kithicor wrote:
    I hope it does to (i know you're being sarcastic), because...you know...hes kind of like one of the main characters in norrath's story.

And yeah this is probably about the void cusa, not that i assign everything to the void...but it is quite obviously the main storyline in EQ2 so deal with it.

Seems like this expansion will finally reveal lots of the mystery which is hawt.
  11. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

This title can have many meanings actually...since a "shadow" can be a few things on its own...but that is a mystery for now...hmm
  12. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    There will probably be some connection to the shadowmen or the void. There has been in every expansion whether it was as overt as an obelisk or as terse as some brief lore. So, to say that you hope there is nothing about them in the expansion, is to hope that the direction of the game will change. But somebody at the helm at SOE wants to tell the story of the shadowmen and their leader. Maybe we'll only get a passing quest NPC this time, but there will almost assuredly be something.
  13. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

Odyssey just brings to mind water, oceans, etc, ala Homer.
    Could be a water based expansion which people have asked for and some devs eluded to, but they elude to everything lol
  14. ARCHIVED-Mendou Guest

While we're throwing everything else into the ring, Odyssey is also the cleric teleport spell.
  15. ARCHIVED-Trepan Guest

Mezzmyrelda@Unrest wrote:
    Sweeeet. So this could be the EQ2 version of Transporter Failure and we end up in a shadow universe where Lucan is the nice guy and Antonia Bayle is the evil one running around with a little wispy goatee?
  16. ARCHIVED-Razlath Guest

Trepan wrote:
    LOL Lucan is the good guy in THIS universe! He stands valiantly against the advances of the Witch Queen! One day when all come to know this truth the land will truly be at peace!
    Sorry, couldn't resist. ;}
  17. ARCHIVED-Wrapye Guest

And Echoes of Faydwer had so much to do with echoes....

And that kingdom in KoS is....where exactly?

I'd put zero stock in the word 'Shadows'. In the previous expansions, the 'of X' has been something connected to a geographical location. We've been told that the bits of lore that have been published recently (the Mudskipper stories, et al.) have bearing on the expansion.
  18. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

True...Luclin didnt have many visable shadows after all...heh so the key words still stand between shadow and odyssey...heh maybe it will be a non-EQ1 related area since EQ2 goes more into the shadowed men/void than eq1 did...and new land forms can always...form :p
  19. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

Wrapye wrote:
    I disagree... echoes are something that leave you, and then return to you, like a boomarang. Faydwer left norrath, and then returned.
    Desert of Flame, Kingdom of Sky, Echoes of Faydwer, Rise of Kunark. Both words fit into the lore and theme of the expansions... don't simply ignore the word shadows.
  20. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Wilin wrote:
    I don't remember Kingdom of Sky or Desert of Flames having anything to do with them.