The Scrivener's Tale: Tradeskill Signature Questline Feedback

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by Gninja, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Sigrdrifa Well-Known Member

Quest:The Scrivener's Tale: Difficulties Delivering
    The quest text reads, "Obtain an unscorchable bag from within the cinder courts area". However, it's not in the part of the zone called Cinder Courts (372, 111, 385). The bag is actually around the wasps' nests in the area called Cinder Nests. This is probably causing a bunch of the confusion we're seeing.
  2. Gninja Developer

The merchant that sells the bag is in the courts area so either way it could be wrongly worded. In fact it used to say Cinder Nests but it got bugged by QA lol. I will see if I can add both in there.
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Quest : Rockin' n Knockin'
    Quest Step : Collect pollen from the flowers within the forest.

The flowers have a super slow respawn time. At the time of this post I'm in the forest area solo and still it's taking an inordinately long time for respawn to get five updates.

Can the respawn of the flowers be raised and/or increase the number of flowers? /hoping for both things to happen :)

Quest Step: Find Temry
    There is a mob "a needlescale basilisk" that is extremely hard to avoid. For adventurers it shouldn't be an issue, but it more than likely be an issue for lowbies. Can this specific mob be moved just a tad away?

the general /loc is -326.40 35.17 -15.87 278.49 0.00 0.00
    I went from the other side and as soon as I stepped closer to Temry the mob aggroed.
  4. Miragian New Member

Doomfire around the cinder wasps, I get the feeling that is going to be painful for squishy tradeskill people that aren't 100+ adventurer.
  5. Sigrdrifa Well-Known Member

While I was thrashing around there today trying to find that bag, I was constantly mobbed by wasps. I was playing my raid conjy, so my pet basically vaporized them, but it would have been more than annoying for a lower adventure level/less well-geared toon. Of course, you can go buy the bag, allowing lower level crafters to avoid the swarms.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

It can be done with low level adventurers.. it just takes lots of situational awareness and patience. Like doing Gathering Obsession used to on low level toons before flying mounts were added :)
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Build 14328

[typo] Preliminary conversation before accepting The Scrivener's Tale: Animating the Inanimate.
    Ghida Borrell says to you, "This library is home to a vast amount the accumulated knowledge ..." I suspect there should be an "of" before "the"

[feedback] Now that a cash reward is in for The Scrivener's Tale: Animating the Inanimate, it rewarded me with 12p, 21g, 53s 73c. However, you spend 13p 75 g between the malachite shards and the 50 celestial sandpaper.

(The next few quests in the line don't offer any coin at all, so I'm guessing the rewards are still a work-in-progress)
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The Scrivener's Tale: Escargot Overclocking

Recipe name: "Enhanced Spirit of the Wolf Scroll" creates product "Recipe Scroll: Scroll of Enhanced Spirit of the Wolf" (which happens to ALSO be the name of the scroll you had to scribe). This is ... confusing. It also doesn't delete on completion of the quest.

(Since it is after 3am, and I'm not sure if I am being fully clear, this quest gives you a Recipe Scroll: Scroll of Enhanced Spirit of the Wolf. That part is fine. Scribe it, and you get "Enhanced Spirit of the Wolf Scroll" in your recipe book. It has moved the word Scroll to the end of the name, when the scroll had it at the beginning of the name. This is ... ok ... nothing earth-shattering, not "wrong", just not totally consistent. However, you then make "Recipe Scroll: Scroll of Enhanced Spirit of the Wolf". This mismatch between recipe name and product is something we try to avoid, generally. In addition, though, this product is NOT a "recipe scroll" and shouldn't have that at the beginning of the name. Unless you've added something in where we can speed up Yrag at will, we also shouldn't be keeping that product after the quest is handed in.
  9. Paydon New Member

Followup friendships
    I have been all over this area many times. I am missing. Catalog entries. 4,5,8. Everything I find in the island says already in catalog. Is there a way to see these catalog entries listed out. What am I missing?
  10. Arcos Active Member

I'm testing on my 110 SK so being attacked in the Conservatory by Wild Gardening while doing The Reach of Ivy was no big deal. However it would probably have been no fun for a squishy lower level character.
  11. Xianthia Well-Known Member

These are the ones I catalogued for update : not sure if can help with numbered order as only kept list as I got updates.

an earth emissary
    a needlescale basilisk
    a gemmed protector
    a warder of earth
    a vekerchiki drone
    an arbiter of earth
    a terrak temple guardian
    an arborian temple protector

If you open up your journal it offers up a hint in the way of an image of what you are missing. Or at least the group of mobs you should be targeting.
  12. Arcos Active Member

Reach for the Ivy - showing speak to Temry Loneivy - speak to him but no response, no feather, no book - stuck.
  13. Paydon New Member

14. Paydon New Member

Thank you for the list. I clicked on these earlier and got message stating it was already cataloged. It’s working now.
  15. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Guessing here since I get the same message if I target the wrong mob within the same group (e.g., have terrak warrior targeted it won't work, it has to be the guardian, etc.)

In any case, good it's working for you now.
  16. Arcos Active Member

Reach of the Ivy - Tried deleting the quest and doing again - no difference. Speaking to Temry does not update the quest.
  17. Gninja Developer

Where are you speaking to him? Its possible you shouldn't see him where you are talking to him and its sending you to another place. A bug none the less if that's the case.
  18. Arcos Active Member

I'm speaking to him right next to the portal in the Badlands. He's at -355.56, 41.83, -386.72
  19. Gninja Developer

Looking into it
  20. timelord5 New Member

I too had trouble finding the bag, but by chance discovered it inside the pod where my track harvests skill was pointing. Had spent ages minutely searching rocks and leaves. Worth checking if on that step.