The Ruins of Guk: Ykesha's Outer Stronghold

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Buttcliffe, Nov 19, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Buttcliffe Guest

Having problems on the name Zraxth. A little over 50% he seems to do an insane AOE + summon a HARD hitting ^^^ that does it's own AOE. The combo of these together seems way too much to deal with at one... must be doing something wrong but can't figure it out. Combined the strategies from the previous 2 named, but didn't seem to help.
  2. ARCHIVED-Buttcliffe Guest

Zero reponses to my 'help me' thread on eq2 flames too.... this guy that hard that people haven't figured him out yet? We've done the whole zone without any mythicals in group, minus this last guy. Hope that's not the breaking point.
  3. ARCHIVED-GangleG Guest

He spawns the large statues on each corner of the room. We just had a ranger kite the name while we burned the adds down.
  4. ARCHIVED-Buttcliffe Guest

GangleG wrote:
    don't know any rangers... but i'm sure a fury or brig could do it too. thx for the idea (no clue why i didn't think of this before, it's the same strat i'd use on 4th name in old veks)
  5. ARCHIVED-Buttcliffe Guest

been exploring other zones, haven't made it back here yet. Anyone else done this last name?
  6. ARCHIVED-Naughtesnec Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Delowen Guest

I have killed the name, we were able to do it by having a Templar and Defiler in our group and just eating the Necrotic AE. Its a fail condition that supposed to be trigger by curing the Vex of Deadly Consequences (Vex says suffer now or suffer later) but it seems that even if you go the entire fight without curing it you still get the Necrotic Fail AE. He only puts the vex on 2 people at a time it seems.
  8. ARCHIVED-Buttcliffe Guest

Odeius@Guk wrote:
    I thought the same thing about the fail condition... no matter what you seem to fail. then the add seems to pop about 3 secs later with its own AOE.

Question for once we get this AOE down: are there more than 1 adds? What %?
  9. ARCHIVED-Delowen Guest

Buttcliffe wrote:
    He AEs 4 times and an add comes 4 times, at these health percentages 60,50,40,30.
  10. ARCHIVED-asdfasdf Guest

Four statues will be activate in a ? position and order. So think about where u stands and tank.
  11. ARCHIVED-fabgo Guest

Is this fight bugged? We got the necrotic devastation AE even though we didn't cure arcane.
  12. ARCHIVED-yohann koldheart Guest

our norm group make up for this zone
    inquis,illy,paly,swash,assasan,mystic. me being the illy. when a statue add spawns we aim all dps to them.then go back to named. not all that hard of a fight. with 2 healers the when the aoe hits its not that big of a problem. i dont recall it hitting more then 1 or 2 times . not sure if its the inquis curing everything or what.