The Rites of Passage

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Havoc, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Havoc Active Member

Name: Samaelh
    Server: Antonia Bayle
    Decorator(s): Neversea and Lalayla Crimsonblade

I've wanted to do this project for a long while now, but hadn't had an idea, a house or time to do so. I finally had the time, came up with an idea and found a suitable house to build it in!

The Rites Of Passage are based on a ritual that takes place in Neversea's family. It's part of his hidden background that most people don't know about or could even imagine.

Note: This is not part of EQ2 lore. What is written here is background and 'family' lore. If you don't like lore that isn't in check with EQ2 lore, then skip the reading and look at the pics [IMG]

There is a book with each area, but I am going to be only posting a portion of it, so you'll have to stop in later to read it. For roleplayers out there, I ask that this be an OOC viewing as it would not be open IC. Thank you!

Trials of the Ma'kar Brotherhood

These are the trials, the rites of passage that our ancestors have walked before us. To begin the next step in life, we must pass through these trials though they may take us through the path of dead and we may never return.

These rites will guide us for the rest of our lives and we must pay tribute to our ancestors as we pass through these trials. It is time that we begin to carve our own path through life and become what it is we are to make of ourselves.

Brother of my brother,
    Sword of my sword,
    Heart of my heart,
    Yours in light and dark.

To pass the trials, one must take with them the lesson of truth. When you pass through these trials, you must learn the lessons they have to teach you. Each trial will guide you through a part of your life and each trial has something to teach you.

Balance is everything. Balance will guide you and Balance will protect you. Drinal will watch over you, but do not sway from balance. Drinal is balance. And Prexus will guide your heart as he guided mine.

Entrance of the trials, held in a hidden area of the family estates.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Ceiling

[IMG]

The fountain in the center is believed by the family to have once been blessed by Karana.

[IMG]

The portals

[IMG]

Step on the portal to enter the trials. It's best to do them in order-->1st, 2nd, 3rd

[IMG]
    Delirya and Feara like this.
  2. Havoc Active Member

Rite of Compassion: The Past

The first Rite is the Rite of Compassion. Learn what it will show you, listen to it and allow the sight to guide you. When the trial is over with, you will pass back through the portal and have only a few minutes to pass through the second.

Once in the trial, no one can help you. Time there is not like here. While only a few minutes will pass here, years can pass within the trials.

Drink from the blessed fountain of Karana and enter when you are ready.

There is a stillness that lingers in the air just before death. It is everything and it resides in everything. There is no way to avoid death, but there is rebirth. Rebirth will carry us forward and grant us a life we never thought to ever have. Death is only a beginning and rebirth is only another step in our story.

[IMG]

[IMG]

To know the true meaning of this one, you would have to read through the story.

[IMG]

This one consists of various torture rooms

[IMG]

Torture with fire

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Torture with dripping water... and stuff.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Shock and saws...

[IMG]

Energizer powered.

[IMG]

More torture chambers..

[IMG]

[IMG]

Time to go back through the portal

[IMG]
    Feara likes this.
  3. Havoc Active Member

Rite of Annihilation: The Present

Now that you have begun your journey, you must finish it. There is little time before you must enter the second trial. You have experienced the pure, the compassion and the good.

The Rite of Annihilation will test all that is within your heart. You've experienced the pure, now you will feel the impure. Remember not all you see will come true

Drink this blood of a pack leader. It will make you strong, but even strength has its flaws. When you are ready, enter the second trial.

While there is light, there is dark as well. Some lean toward the light and others more readily accept the darkness. It’s seductive and draws you in with its lust for power. To sink into darkness is to lose all that is light. The darkness will take over and claim all that exists. It overpowers and engulfs, drowns the light. To save the light, darkness must be overcome.

Darkness flows through the blood of all. There is no one born without darkness in them. Some fall toward it, others do not. We are all capable of falling. The flaw is not in darkness, but within us. Darkness can only be vanquished by the light that too flows through the blood of all mankind. Do not fear the darkness. To fear the darkness is to submit to the darkness and will only open the door to darkness.

[IMG]

[IMG]

This one is heavily tied to the story behind it.

[IMG]

The Prison

[IMG]

The Cell

[IMG]

[IMG]

The Confessional

[IMG]

[IMG]

Time to head back through for the final trial

[IMG]
    Feara likes this.
  4. Havoc Active Member

Rite of Harmony: The Future

All that is dark possess light of equal value. Within darkness is light and within light is darkness. You've passed the second Rite. Take the lessons to heart. No matter the path that you make in life, never run from what you are. What we are does not determine what we do. It is our choices that carve our path.

Drink the blood of our brothers and know they are always with you. The last trial awaits

Always carry these lessons in your heart as you begin your journey through life. Learn them, remember them and uphold them. May the ancestors protect and guide you.

There is no true beginning, but only the light that shines through the darkness. Death rules while life lingers. Death is the purpose of life and life is the purpose of death. All that is known is enraptured by the cycle of life and death. Those who turn toward the light know only the light. And those who linger toward the darkness know only the dark. In this lays our own choice. Which path do you take? Which path leads to what you will ultimately become? Will you be death or will you become life?

Years have passed by and many feet have walked this path. Each path has split into the right path for the one who walks it. What is seen is not all there is to the true path. Not all will become true, but much you may force to come true. Destiny, fate, it is not these, nor prophecy that determines how the path ends, but the choices made in life will carve the path meant to travel down.

Once there was a brother that walked neither path, but the path that walks between paths. It was neither good, nor evil. It was not light nor darkness, but the gray that settles between paths. A piece of each path wove into the gray, but neither dominated the path. Each was equal. Each was balanced. And none guided the path lain before.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Tunnel of Death

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

To get across, you will have to jump along the broken bridge or risk falling into the pit of fire.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Oops! Fell into the pit! Don't worry, there's a way out. Time to walk across hot burning coals.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Made it!

[IMG]
    Feara likes this.
  5. Havoc Active Member

The Tunnel of Life

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

To get to the other side, you will have to jump onto clouds and make your way across or risk falling down down down for forever.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Oops! Fell again! But don't worry, you've got a second chance.

[IMG]

[IMG]

As you come to the end of your journey, the end of your trials and the rites of your passage through life, you see yourself reflected in the icy mirror. The reflection shimmers and shows you helping life to thrive. It shimmers again and shows you helping death along.

Your path has been shown. Now it is up to you to decide which you shall carve through your journey. Will you choose Life or Death? Or will your path find the Truth?

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Feara likes this.
  6. Havoc Active Member

To view the full text that goes along with this home, either visit in-game or read it on my blog post of this home, which you can find here:

The Rites of Passage

Enjoy! And thanks for visiting!
  7. Kisy Active Member

This is truely amazing. Such a different idea for a story of a house.

I love it.
  8. Feara Well-Known Member

Very creative Havoc! You put alot of thought into the design and the story. Loved the ceiling. My favs are the tunnels, sweet idea. The fire on the floor in the Torture with Fire Room looked really cool. Thanks for sharing.

Kind Regards ~Feara
  9. Afista Well-Known Member

Very nicely done. I love the storyline with it!