The Reward for Beta Testing Gets Even Sweeter!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Kickya Active Member

Also would it be possible to get the required level to receive the stat bonuses on the mount changed to 95 instead of 100?

don't you have the quest mount from the previous expac ?
    Furrow likes this.
  2. Colm Active Member

Nope, but that's due to the fact that I stopped playing end game a little in to CoE. Not really the point tho. The Blessed Sokokar stats are more like the 95 mounts, which is why I was asking if their level req could be changed to reflect that.
  3. ColMustard New Member

I'm not sure if anyone else had it or caught it. When looting mobs and chests etc. no matter what I had the loot rights set to, everything went directly to my inventory. I was not given the option to accept or or refuse it.

These are your group loot options. Check them if they're set to accept. Options>Group Loot
  4. Awkk Well-Known Member

When I brought the level 1 toon in, he had to set his loot options to greed. Before that, he was getting the pop up window on all loots.
    And on some of the early ones I brought in, every time I picked up a shiny, it opened the collection window as if I might want to scribe it right away, instead of putting it in inventory. I think that it's just that the toons copied to Beta with the default ui settings. I had to reset up all my hotbars, etc, too.
    Wanderingbat likes this.
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

I'm on BB server, same as suka. I do appreciate the offer...that was very kind of you :)
    suka likes this.
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

I was actually able to only get the quests done on two characters, but that gave me enough tokens for almost everything I wanted. I was hoping to get a few more barrel doors (the halfling ones), but I guess they will just have to wait until next year :D
    suka likes this.
  7. Bazinix Member

This is bs.. gotta PAQYY 30$ to use it >> because im level 95 and i refuse to waste anymore money on this game...

i perfer staying at 95.. so make the mount 95+ please -.-
  8. Bazinix Member

make it level requirements 95+ im not paying 30$ to use a mount... -.- and grind a more 5 more levels.. I perfer staying a level 95.. i dont mind testing but i cant use a level 100 mount if your changing it
  9. Sunje Active Member

Is the Signature mount not better than this?
  10. Wanderingbat Active Member

It was my understanding that the stat bonuses are level 95. All of mine say they are. *scratches head*
  11. flameweaver Well-Known Member

You're not paying 30$ to use the mount. The $30 is for the AoM expansion, which also unlocks level 100. If you don't want the expansion, don't buy it, but claiming you need to pay $30 to fly the mount is disingenuous and misleading.
    suka, Juraiya and Foretold like this.
  12. Awkk Well-Known Member

It would be nice it it applied to 95 Crafting too!!!

Like all other mounts do!

And yes, the Sig Mount is better than this. So unless the Blessed Sokokar applies at 95, it is basically never worth using. At 95, you can use it to help you through the Sig Questline, if you didnt run every single one of your alts through the Vesspyr Isles questline to get that mount. At 100, you have the Indomitable Pterodon, which is the better mount, and you will never need the Blessed Sokokar, unless you prefer the appearance.

So please apply it at 95 and also to crafters, thanks!!
    suka and Furrow like this.
  13. Wanderingbat Active Member

Ha! Yeah, Please do apply this mount to level 95 crafters, or I may never get to use it. I have a couple level 90s But just about all of my crafters are high level. This is really where my focus has been the last few years. The mount is useless to me except for decoration otherwise. I'm glad you brought this to my attention Awkk. I had assumed it would be as all other mounts are.
    suka and Juraiya like this.
  14. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

The signature mount is usable at lvl 95 but the bonus stats do not apply until lvl 100 adv. This was not the requirement of the mounts given as a prize for the original AoM beta testing mounts which applied the stat bonus at lvl 95 ijs.:)
    The mount is just a little something given for helping to test the game and the testing should be it's own reward to make the game better for the whole community.imo.;)
    Leave the mount as it is.
    flameweaver likes this.
  15. Colm Active Member

I was fine with the mount having no stats before, but since they went through the effort of giving it stats, and getting more people to help test beta, it'd only make sense to make it so people get some use out of it. If the stat reqs stay at lvl 100, that's not going to happen.

Hopefully one of the Devs notices that!
  16. Almee Well-Known Member

I hope they change the stat use to lvl 95 even though I have the AoM mount for my toons. As others say, the mount is pretty useless at lvl 100 so it might as well be a plushie.

I think beta testers went through a lot of trouble, trying to beta test, which I never experienced in all my years doing beta testing. It was mainly due to a lack of communication and having the tests when no one was overseeing the process to make sure testers could test.

I was right with the other testers gnashing my teeth at my inability to get on and not knowing if it was an error on my part or the game. It seemed incredible that you all would leave work without making sure the program was available to test or that no one was monitoring the process to make sure things went smoothly for the testers.

So I personally think you owe it to the testers to give them a useful mount for all their frustration. I think the testers went above and beyond the call of duty to help test the program for you all. This is a good chance to show them how much you appreciate the effort.
    Juraiya likes this.
  17. Nooloon Active Member

I'm never going to use the mount, not even for bragging rights because I really can't stand hugely overblown things - which all the recent mounts are imho. However, for anyone that does want to actually use it, the level requirement of 100 is over the top.

Are you assuming only level 100 players ever beta test? If you are, you would be very wrong, yet the rewards indicate you do. Let players that did the beta equip the mount at any level if they want to use it for bragging rights, but prevent it flying or giving stat bonuses till level 85 and 95 respectively. That would be fair.
    Juraiya, Awkk and Wanderingbat like this.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

i can give you one if you need it. i bought a couple. just pm me with the name of your toon and i will send you one
  19. Awkk Well-Known Member

Bad news, guys, it's adventure level 100 only. This mount is entirely useless to me, I'll have an Indomitable Pterodon by then, and its stats are much better. This whole weekend of Beta testing for a useless reward has been like a bad bait-and-switch, April Fool's joke. I gave up the last 2 days of Brewdays to try and get a useful mount to help my alts level from 95 to 100, and I got nothing to show for it. Don't think I will want to help with testing any more.

If you want to make it available only to AoM purchasers, then fine...make the stats apply at 96.
  20. Colm Active Member

There was never a "bait and switch" it was advertised as a lvl 100 req for the stats (see OP screen shot of the mount).

I asked if it could be changed, and who knows it still could. There are plenty of people that would like to see it changed to 95 and hopefully the Devs will see that and take it into consideration.
    suka likes this.